Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been claimed and reported in MSM that the father was informed of the abuse allegations in spring 2017. At that time he denied them and cut off the relatives from further contact with Lucas.

The next part is snipped heavily by me:

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201392504.html

So it is apparently even in a verifiable written letter to DCF that the father and step-mom were informed. I'm sorry but the likelihood that JH didn't know about the abuse or 'had no indication' of violent behavior from EG is extremely slim.

A powerful and informative post! Thank you!

ETA: I wish this would post your quotes too.

I agree. She has lied to him repeatedly and he bought it hook, line and sinker.

I’m trying to post within TOS, but if I was having this convo in my stepparent community, my posts would be quite different. Parents have a duty to protect their children and vet who is alone with them. JMO.

I’m trying to post within TOS, but if I was having this convo in my stepparent community, my posts would be quite different. Parents have a duty to protect their children and vet who is alone with them. JMO.

In a perfect world, we would not even need Websleuths. Reality is........we do.

Absolutely he knew, but depending on the relationship dynamic - he could be like any other gaslighted abuse victim and she could have wholly convinced him that it was his fault. Battered men are just as vulnerable to the 'you MADE me hit you, YOU were being the abusive one, your WORDS did this!' tactic. I know one man who was beaten with a baseball bat, burned, had fingers broken, etc - and he oughtweighed his partner by almost 150 pounds. Every time, she convinced him he caused it, he started it, they had an argument and it was just her 'reaction' to him. My own husband was once in a physically abusive relationship and still has scars and he was made to feel the same way. It happened because he 'made' her do it.

So keeping that in mind, if he believes she became physically violent with him because of something HE did, and he may believe she wouldn't become violent with a child because it's his fault and he started it. If she has also gaslit him to the point that he thinks his concerns are crazy then she probably would be able to do the same re: Lucas, or also frighten Lucas into not wanting to tell Daddy (but she didn't talk about not telling other relatives, so he tried to get help elsewhere).

It sounds like I'm making excuses for him looking the other way, and I assure everyone I'm not - but I've seen so many times just what long term psychological manipulation, emotional abuse, and physical abuse can do to victims. I also would not be shocked if there was this level of abuse going on in that relationship - if you can direct it at a child, you can certainly direct it at an adult.

edit: In the case of the man I mentioned, it took 3 years and multiple attempts for him to finally leave his abuser. He'd be almost out and she'd figure out a way to convince him he was the problem again.

I agree men can certainly be abused and gaslighted. Without a doubt. However, if the situation was reversed, and it was bio-moms boyfriend who was Lucas’s primary caregiver, I have a strong feeling bio mom would be getting crucified right now. “How could she leave her child with a man who is known to have violent tendencies, why weren’t the bruises and allegations taken more seriously” etc etc. Just my opinion and observations.

In a perfect world, we would not even need Websleuths. Reality is........we do.

I didn’t mention a perfect world so I’m a little confused, but I do agree, in a perfect world WS wouldn’t exist. But here we are.

Still trying to catch up here but I have to ask... how does someone without a job, hire a lawyer? I mean... I work full time as an indie artist and I do all right financially but I'd have a hard time paying for a decent attorney and I have a job. So... how does that work?

I work in the law field (although not in KS) and I can easily see a local attorney taking her case pro bono for media exposure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work in the law field (although not in KS) and I can easily see a local attorney taking her case pro bono for media exposure.

Perhaps she has a family member who is a lawyer? Is that allowed - can family members serve as a defendant's council? IDK.

KAKE just reported that EG is in yellow jump suit which indicates suicide watch. KAKE reported this on 430 pm central time news.

Man oh man if this is true I hope she confesses before she successfully does something to herself. :(

Ok, then. :) but my boys are 28 and 25 and if they are buying...
Bless all these searchers. I wonder if family members have been able to see the photo of the toys. Perhaps they will recognize some of them.
Edited to add: I know see that's it's the general opinion that this most likely related to geocaching. That makes sense to me too.
It has been claimed and reported in MSM that the father was informed of the abuse allegations in spring 2017. At that time he denied them and cut off the relatives from further contact with Lucas.

The next part is snipped heavily by me:

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201392504.html

So it is apparently even in a verifiable written letter to DCF that the father and step-mom were informed. I'm sorry but the likelihood that JH didn't know about the abuse or 'had no indication' of violent behavior from EG is extremely slim.
This is an awful thing to ask. How long will they continue to actively search? We had the Kenai family of 4 and (Alaska) the winter set in. The search had to stop. And everyone with horses atvs everything searched. Hundreds of people. They were found in the spring in an area that had been thoroughly searched by choppers. Very sad.
A powerful and informative post! Thank you!

ETA: I wish this would post your quotes too.

POOR little boy. I feel so bad for him. It seems like everyone failed him. I can't sleep knowing he's out there somewhere. I hope they find him soon. The media needs to really put it out there. It seems to be dying down instead. I want the world to demand justice for this little boy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am in no way saying the father had anything to do with this baby's disappearance but you cannot tell me he did not know about the abuse considering the amount of pictures of this child with bruises all over him.I'm sorry I keep repeating myself about the pictures but I do so as a reminder to people and to make a point. I just seen a two new pictures of Lucas that I hadn't before that were not in MSM so I can''t post of him with a black eye and the side of his face bruised. Even if the dad worked and was out of town for weeks. Bruising can take a long time to heal. I know this because my 10 year old cousin got injured over the summer and got a black eye and it was months and months before the bruise healed.

I think things are only going to heat up in this case.:candle:
These cases sometimes take a lot of time and a lot of patience.
jmo

Earlier today I thought this would be the day Lucas was found. But, that doesn't seem to be the case. If I'm frustrated - a stranger several states away - I can hardly imagine the frustration of family (and LE too). So sorry everyone is going through this.

Tomorrow is another day...hoping for the best.

jmo

I am in no way saying the father had anything to do with this baby's disappearance but you cannot tell me he did not know about the abuse considering the amount of pictures of this child with bruises all over him.I'm sorry I keep repeating myself about the pictures but I do so as a reminder to people and to make a point. I just seen a two new pictures of Lucas that I hadn't before that were not in MSM so I can''t post of him with a black eye and the side of his face bruised. Even if the dad worked and was out of town for weeks. Bruising can take a long time to heal. I know this because my 10 year old cousin got injured over the summer and got a black eye and it was months and months before the bruise healed.

ITA. This baby was not protected. I can’t accept that his parent didn’t realize the bruises, especially when combined with the fact that family members came forward to express concerns. No excuse for those bruises is acceptable, especially coming from the mouth of a woman who isn’t allowed custody of her children. A woman who has been physically abusive to the parent. I can’t.

It's been awhile since she's been in there, I'd think she would be over detoxing by now if that's what it was. I'm thinking she's in some sort of protective custody or she cried suicide so she could get put in the clinic. I have a troubled niece and she does this whenever she gets picked up for something (a "trick" taught to her by an ex-bf), it keeps her out of the main jail where she'd undoubtedly get the fire beat out of her because her mouth.

Symptoms from opioid detox can last a week or more https://americanaddictioncenters.org/withdrawal-timelines-treatments/opiate/

Detox for alcoholics usually takes 7-10 days with medical care https://www.promises.com/resources/detox-information/alcohol-detox-long-take-happens/

Amphetamine detox can take upwards for a week as well http://www.health.gov.au/internet/p...pubs-modpsy-3-7~drugtreat-pubs-modpsy-3-7-aws

This said, another WSer said the particular uniform she was wearing showed suicide watch. I have no former knowledge of this.

I didn’t mention a perfect world so I’m a little confused, but I do agree, in a perfect world WS wouldn’t exist. But here we are.

You mentioned the "duty of parents"...I just thought to myself, 'wouldn't that be a perfect world if everyone reported for that duty'. I could have been more clear. Apologies.

You mentioned the "duty of parents"...I just thought to myself, 'wouldn't that be a perfect world if everyone reported for that duty'. I could have been more clear. Apologies.

It truly would be a perfect world if all parents did everything in their power to protect their children. Thank you for explaining, I do agree with you. I just wasn’t sure what you meant.

I wonder why she would be in a yellow jumpsuit- hhhhmmm. Guilt eating away at her?

I get the impression that EG likes attention. You know the type......it’s all about ME, ME, ME!!
(barf)

I don't know if there were drug charges but she was caught using and warned by the court in her custody hearing:
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html
"The order said that Glass “has used illegal drugs in the past and is forgiven” but warned that any future use would be seen as “a choice by her not to parent” her children. She was not allowed to leave Butler and Sedgwick counties with the children."

She may have not been caught per se. When my husband was in custody court with his kids mom she liked to cry drunk. The court asked him to test after visits for 6 weeks and did so, then she tried it again and he volunteered to a random one time test at her demand and sure enough that put all that to rest. The family court services can request or order testing. So maybe that is how she was caught. She may never have been charged criminally.

From Twitter link-
90624bf9248bfda057483319ec2c7bbf.jpg

Oops already posted above, I read from the bottom up and thought I had read all.

My first post on WS in a while. This woman is a meth user. I would stake my last dollar on it I thought it was possible from photos I had seen but this image cements it in my mind.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member