Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut tells me the toys are unrelated.

I am curious about the possibly burial sites or whatever they think they found.

That’s an ammo box? Thank you, I had no clue! MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it was mentioned in the video plus I recognized it as a small ammo box. Those are sometimes used by the geocaching folks apparently (quick google search showed some photos of ammo boxes with trinkets in them)

She lists all the things they've found. Yikes. Why weren't these things found by police in their searches? Or if they were found and they concluded they were unrelated, why didn't they just remove them? I know it's a park and things like toys and kids shoes probably end up there a lot. But seems strange to leave them there.

“JO found what she believed could be a possible gravesite”

I cannot even imagine.

Not sure how, but the Judges/prosecution could be trying to tie the lack of her abiding by regulations in regards to her other children. If she is charged with child endangerment of her 1 yr old daughter or Lucas, then she probably violated the terms set by a previous Judge. Will have to wait to see what comes of that.

Also, how is she paying for a private lawyer???? Her family? Did they not turn her in too or am I mistaken? So far no one is coming forth with bail.

And the man standing next to her in the court shot, sure kept his face hidden. Who was he?

Toys in an ammo box? At quick glance they looked like baby/young toddler toys vs. toys that would belong to a 5 year old. Geocache maybe? Too much of a stretch?

Great thinking re: a geocache. They did also say that there was an additional clear bin of children’s toys found wedged in a tree though. Very odd altogether.

Yes, it mentioned it in the video plus I recognized it as a small amount box. Those are sometimes used by the geocaching folks apparently.

We actually do a lot of geocaching. That looks exactly like hundreds of others we've found. The clear container of toys is probably another one. To be sure, there should be a geocache log inside each.

Actually, if I knew where they were found I could look the coordinates up and verify that is what they are. The cache owner could be contacted directly to verify from the pictures.

Edit: Actually LE have probably already verified with the cache owner. They are typically on top of any geocaches in the area they cover, especially state/national parks. That is probably why, if previously found by LE, they were left there.

Type in Sedgwick County Jail

Then there is a list....I chose, Current Jail Inmate Search
Type in Emily Glass.....

She is NOT there, but she was about an hour ago when I searched. Either she made bail or the system is updating.

Lily Wu of KAKE, reported the child endangerment is for the 1 year old.

(There are currently 172 users browsing this thread. (92 members and 80 guests))

Welcome guests and new members. :)

:welcome5:

Actually, if I knew where they were found I could look the coordinates up and verify that is what they are. The cache owner could be contacted directly to verify from the pictures.

How close do you need the coordinates to be? I’m guessing we can’t do a broad search of the entire park

How close do you need the coordinates to be? I’m guessing we can’t do a broad search of the entire park

Within a quarter-mile would be adequate. Caches have to be a certain distance apart from one another. So the number in that area would be limited and could be dug through fairly easily. However, I edited my previous post to say LE is probably already on top of it and probably the reason they were left, if already seen during their search.

rsbm

But then again, I don't think I could prove that point. I could never take my child out into a search like that, for fear of seeing something and scarring them for the rest of their lives. Ergh.

I'm still catching up and don't know what you're referencing yet, but just want to jump in to say that I don't understand why mothers bring their kids on searches during a recovery mission.

People need to not bring children on searches, moo! For exactly the reason you provided above, no child needs to see that kind of stuff, decomp, skeletal remains, dead bodies...

Furthermore, In Adam Gilbertson's search the terrain was not an area for a child, downtown Denver along the river where many homeless congregate so there were feces and dirty needles everywhere. Not a safe place for a kid. And by the time Adam was found in the river there was maaajor decomp.

Please people, keep your kids at home. This is not the place for them, moo. Why do people bring their kids??? This erks me to high heaven to put it mildly!!

(Eta: O/T,/ and while we're on the subject, can you please not sit them at the bar either at 5:00 Friday happy hour?? This is a place for adult conversations, f bombs after a hard day's work...!! The last thing I want to do is be worried about a kid getting knocked over by a drunk and watching my f bombs after I've been working with kids all week!!!!! :banghead: I want to have raunchy conversations with my girlfriends!!!! The bar is not a place for kids either!!! If you want to get a table fine and order some nuggets then that's fine! Moo.)

As far as the father of EG's children, this is a good link:
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html
"A Butler County judge in October allowed Glass to have unsupervised visits with her own two sons – but kept custody with the boys’ father."
"
Before that, on June 25, 2014, the father of the boys, then living in Butler County, requested sole custody because of what he called Glass’ “continuous instability.”In his affidavit, the father said Glass “has exhibited some past erratic and unpredictable behavior where she has physically assaulted me while I held the children … She has made decisions that concern me for the care of the children at this time and until things stabilize for her.”
He said that around that time she had dated two men in relationships that involved “physical altercations,” causing him to fear for her and his sons.

This makes me sick! Thank God those boys didn't suffer at the hands of that monster on a daily basis- sounds like their father did the right thing and put them first! How many men did this one go after physically? Never mind, I don't want to know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member