Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for searching. I wish I lived closer because I'd be out there with you. Please know that you are searching for all of us that can't be there. We are with you in spirit. Hoping you bring Lucas home one way or another...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm still learning this site and getting set up. Yes. We were happy to search. I felt being a nice day and safe search party we would find him. This park you don't want to be in by yourself day or night. Lots of things go on in there, perverts, etc and it's so much brush and paths, if you stood in the middle and screamed no one could get to you quickly.

Concerning the photos of bruised and battered Lucas-- old and more recent.... she (Girlfriend/step 'mom') must have hated him with a passion.

This is reminding me a bit of Adrian Jones case.

How I would like to think some misguided soul 'kidnapped' Lucas and is just keeping him safe ---but I doubt it.
I think he's no longer with us. :(

What is it about her appearance that makes you say meth and not another drug? Is it the sunken cheeks and the dark circles under the eyes?

Yes those things, but also in other photos you can see that her pupils are dilated. It's hard to put into words but users of meth have a certain look about them. IMO the father has the same look. Add to that the history of DV, instability and apparent general lack of care of children. Over the years I have known many unfortunately.

all MOO

People are not supposed to touch the stuff that they find! Even if it is just a receipt for fast food... If the mom touches something that is relevant, she might be looked at, too. I know that parents of missing people do help with searching. And, most people are different than what they portray on television.

I also think that children and dogs shouldn't be brought on searches. What if the mom and the kids found Lucas' body. Do they not understand how traumatic that would be for the kids?
I agree. She went off three times on her own but before she got too far Sheila and others called her back, she started crying, then the tears stopped as quickly as they started. She started talking loudly to the other lady she was was with, 'they said I can't search' The other lady was a little ways up by the gazebo with kids. Everyone thought it odd. Many of our group combed the area she kept going towards.

Why does this website sign off, after a short period of being idle? I was writing a post, it signed out, and now the damn post is gone. :tantrum:

I wonder if the rafters to the garage have been checked? Is there an attic?

Do we know if there was a life insurance policy taken out on Lucas? Ayla Reynolds' dad took a life insurance policy out on Ayla before he caused her to "disappear". If EG was doing drugs and owed a dealer a lot of money, she could have been looking for a life insurance policy hand-out. (Just a thought)

Has there been mentioning of when Lucas' dad left for Texas? Does anyone know, what he does for a living, and how long he usually stays away?

I am curious to if the neighbors of the previous residence were questioned? If they had lived in an apartment the neighbors would have heard EG's yelling, and whatever else.

BBM

Regarding the life insurance... It doesn't appear that she was a legal relative (not married to dad), so she wouldn't have had an "insurable interest" in him. Even if they were married, I'm not sure that would give her an insurable interest, I would think that only mom and dad could take out a policy.

That said, I don't know how well insurance companies check.

And the body would have to be found to collect, or there would be several years of waiting to have him declared dead. Although she may not have been bright enough to think that through. Ayla's sperm donor sure didn't think that through.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm still learning this site and getting set up. Yes. We were happy to search. I felt being a nice day and safe search party we would find him. This park you don't want to be in by yourself day or night. Lots of things go on in there, perverts, etc and it's so much brush and paths, if you stood in the middle and screamed no one could get to you quickly.

Glad you’re here with us.....welcome to WS. Thanks for searching and for keeping us in the loop on the search today.

I agree. She went off three times on her own but before she got too far Sheila and others called her back, she started crying, then the tears stopped as quickly as they started. She started talking loudly to the other lady she was was with, 'they said I can't search' The other lady was a little ways up by the gazebo with kids. Everyone thought it odd. Many of our group combed the area she kept going towards.

I think the mom is incredibly heartbroken and frustrated about all of this. No parent wants to be searching a field for their child's body. And, I know that they don't want to be harassed by internet strangers, either. I am sure some sick trolls have come out of the woodwork and have been harassing her, and all kinds of stuff. It isn't uncommon in missing person's cases for some vicious a-hole to harass the victim's family.

I just hope they're able to find Lucas. I don't want his case to go cold like a lot of other missing person's cases.

Agree. Weightloss and methface. The fat from her nose is gone and her face is rather angular, both signs her body is eating itself. That and cellular breakdown.

I’m new here by the way, first post.
Curiousindeed, Welcome to Websleuths!

Yes those things, but also in other photos you can see that her pupils are dilated. It's hard to put into words but users of meth have a certain look about them. IMO the father has the same look. Add to that the history of DV, instability and apparent general lack of care of children. Over the years I have known many unfortunately.

all MOO

IMO Meth users have gray dull color skin, sunk in under eyes and under cheek bones. It’s not a flattering look.

Thank you for sharing and for being there. What a tough situation...

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

BBM

Regarding the life insurance... It doesn't appear that she was a legal relative (not married to dad), so she wouldn't have had an "insurable interest" in him. Even if they were married, I'm not sure that would give her an insurable interest, I would think that only mom and dad could take out a policy.

That said, I don't know how well insurance companies check.

And the body would have to be found to collect, or there would be several years of waiting to have him declared dead. Although she may not have been bright enough to think that through. Ayla's sperm donor sure didn't think that through.

I don’t know if that matters. My now husband had a policy where I was the beneficiary, before we were married. If she had his SSN she likely could take out a policy. But I don’t think she did, I doubt she was that savvy to even know how to do that. JMO

I feel I am still learning some days...
Welcome, KareBear35!
Any questions just ask. Websleuths has wonderful members and patient mods.

I can totally understand any mother's frustration of wanting to find her baby. Regardless of what folks might think of her, he is and always will be, her baby. I can't imagine the pain and anguish she is going through right now. Deep in her heart, she is grateful to you all and knows Sheila was right. Yet, she just wants to find something of him, this is personal, in my opinion. Something of him to prove he is either alive or gone. I'm sure she's being realistic like the rest of us and deep down, doesn't believe he is alive, or if he is alive, he's not with someone decent, kind, and loving.

I just think it's a mother's instinct coming out in her. She did, after all, carry him around for nine months, and was, as best as she could, trying to visit with him and be involved in his life. She's not the one that abused him, she's not the reason why he is missing. The reason why he is missing is in a jail cell right now, and she's not talking or helping to ease this family's agony, pain, and sleepless nights.

Thank you and God Bless you and all of the searchers today. I'm so sorry you weren't able to find anything to help find Lucas, but you can all put your heads on a pillow tonight knowing you all did the very best that you could to bring Lucas home. :rose: :hug:

I have a question I haven't noticed asked yet, although this thread moves SO fast I might have missed it...what was/is Lucas' bio mom's visitation schedule with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier today I thought this would be the day Lucas was found. But, that doesn't seem to be the case. If I'm frustrated - a stranger several states away - I can hardly imagine the frustration of family (and LE too). So sorry everyone is going through this.

Tomorrow is another day...hoping for the best.

jmo

I completely agree. I wish so much that somehow all of our thoughts for Lucas could've been given to him before he went missing.

Yup. That's what I'm worried about. If they don't find him and she doesn't talk... Well, Ayla, Kyron, Sky, Lisa, DeOrr, Madeleine... and the list goes on.

Yup sadly it seems like as long as you hide a child's body well enough you can get away with murder. I was just thinking about poor Adam Herrman who's still missing from Towanda, his adoptive parents managed to hide him so well, probably somewhere around the Wichita area that he's never been found.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Perhaps she has a family member who is a lawyer? Is that allowed - can family members serve as a defendant's council? IDK.

It is allowed, but I don’t personally know of anyone who would take on a case like this for a family member.

The dad is a victim right now and may remain so.
But he saw how violent she could be with him according to their records: http://abc7chicago.com/records-missing-boys-dad-stepmom-had-violent-relationship/3131755/
"[FONT=&amp]The reports detail two other incidents where police went to the couple's home in response to reports of arguments. In a November 2016 incident, an officer reported injuries on Jonathan Hernandez's face where he said Glass had slapped him and she admitted to pushing him."
That's just one incident.
He knew enough to know she could be violent.
jmo[/FONT]

He knew that she could be violent towards HIM. I have an ex that was very abusive toward me, but has an 8 year old daughter now, and has never so much as spanked her. So, I can understand why he might think she wouldn't hurt Lucas.

It could be lack of knowledge, or denial... we don't know, but either way, I don't think we should put blame on HIM unless it's proven that he KNEW that EG was hurting Lucas. Then, sure, send the wolves after him. Right now, he's considered a victim.

Thank you for your selfless dedication to Lucas and your attempt to help bring the family closure. We would all be searching along with you, if we could! Question - you mentioned the police would not let you near a specific area identified during the search and that they were still there when you left (I believe?). Are you of the opinion it was something related to Lucas? Or totally unrelated but required LE presence? Just curious about your take, on that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member