Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:praying: may Foxfire/Glen be overlooking the search for an outcome for family and those that knew and loved

(for those new to WS.. Foxfire passed and he was a great contributor on cases like this)

(We love and miss you, Foxfire! Thank you for being you! Your posts live on!!

:heartbeat: :grouphug: :heartbeat: )

(Foxfire' thread:
Longtime WS'er, FOXFIRE, has passed away
12-29-2016,*10:05 PM
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-er-FOXFIRE-has-passed-away&highlight=foxfire )

Eta: Please shine on our L's, lend us some light for
Lucas,
Lizzie,
Lyric,
Libby (and Abby)...

(And Connolle and Jacoby of course!) Who is the Northern Colorado Shooter(s)??)

Is there anyone who is starting to second guess their original feelings on step mom being behind his disappearance? I’m just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything I am more convinced than ever that she is responsible. I think she will continue to stick to her story (slight variations included) each time she tells it. I would love it if she would agree to move tv interviews. JMO of course

Checking in on Lucas. [emoji992][emoji170]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

M25 checking in for night duty, bringing fwd the msm before I go back to read!

Police say officers are on standby on day 12 of the search for Lucas Hernandez

‘I believe Lucas just didn’t walk out of the house,’ police captain says
BY TIM POTTER
tpotter@wichitaeagle.com
March 02, 2018 03:49 PM
Updated 9 hours 41 minutes ago

"On its Facebook page, Missing Pieces Network says it is a Virginia-based nonprofit organization that is “dedicated to locating the missing and advocating for families of those who are missing, abducted, trafficked or murdered.”

In the group’s update Friday on Lucas’ disappearance, it quoted Wichita police Capt. Brent Allred saying: “Lucas just didn’t walk out of the house. There’s somebody or somebodies that knows something about Lucas and maybe someone will hear something and give us that information that will lead us to Lucas.”

Police spokesman Officer Charley Davidson told The Eagle he could verify the quote but added that Allred thought he began his statement to the group with “I believe ….”"

Video of interview at link.

Texas search group to join search for Lucas Hernandez

Thirteen days without any sign of Jamie Orr's 5-year-old son Lucas Hernandez.

"It's a 5-year-old child, they don't just vanish into thin air," says Jamie.

Jamie spent the past week with other volunteers searching Wichita parks for any sign of Lucas.

"On Thursday we went back to Chisholm because we were called off on Monday, and again I'm not from here, I never realized how huge the park is they have a ton of ground to cover," Jamie says.

Jamie says her biggest fear is hearing the investigation may be slowing down.

[....]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/475671453.html

Wichita child tragedies helped lead to DCF official’s removal
BY JONATHAN SHORMAN
jshorman@wichitaeagle.com
Updated March 02, 2018 09:05 AM

"DCF received several reports that 3-year-old Evan Brewer had been abused prior to his death last fall. The boy was found encased in concrete in his Wichita home.

Police are still searching for*5-year-old Lucas Hernandez. He has been missing for nearly two weeks; concerns about possible abuse had been previously reported to DCF."

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article202973354.html

Lucas Hernandez Search Enters Day 14Day 14 in Search for Missing Lucas Hernandez
11:47 PM, Mar 2, 2018
2 hours ago

"As the search for Hernandez enters day 14 today, community members are planning a vigil. A motorcycle ride will begin at Boston Park at 5:00 pm and a prayer vigil will start there at 7:00 pm. Organizers are asking the public to bring candles to participate.

There will also be activities like creating green ribbons and painted rocks. Organizers say their goal is to help find Lucas."

Snip

"Police ask anyone who may have information about Lucas's disappearance to call the tip line at 383-4661."

https://www.kfdi.com/news/lucas-hernandez-search-day-14

Video of interview at link.

Texas search group to join search for Lucas Hernandez

Thirteen days without any sign of Jamie Orr's 5-year-old son Lucas Hernandez.

"It's a 5-year-old child, they don't just vanish into thin air," says Jamie.

Jamie spent the past week with other volunteers searching Wichita parks for any sign of Lucas.

"On Thursday we went back to Chisholm because we were called off on Monday, and again I'm not from here, I never realized how huge the park is they have a ton of ground to cover," Jamie says.

Jamie says her biggest fear is hearing the investigation may be slowing down.

[....]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/475671453.html

Also from above:

""We do a lot of stuff still with out horses, ATV's drone searches, a tremendous amount of boat sonar equipment drone, a ground penetration equipment in case anything is buried," Miller says.

Miller says he understands the pain Jamie and Lucas' family is going through after his own daughter went missing many years ago whose body was found 17 months later.

"I remember every minute of those 17 months of the helplessness, the hopelessness, the loneliness and just made a promise to God I would never leave a family alone if there's anything we can do, and here we are," says Miller."

I adore Tim Miller. :loveyou:

Nothing really new Margarita. Just lots of good ideas and theories. :wave:

I was reading a study, and found that.

The longer distances, a victim's body was moved, up to 59 m, were when a child was murdered at the residence, indoors, in an urban setting. Shorter distances were associated with destroyed/hidden evidence, and placing the body in a bag (or I guess any container). These cases will start out at the offender's home, and may begin as a missing person report. The victim is likely known to the offender so it's important to hide the body.

38% of child victims were found in forested areas, 20% in water sources, 17% in their own home, 16% on the street, and if a vehicle is used to transport the body, most often the child victim is found within 150' of the highway (No vehicle used, and the body was still carried around 150' from the site of the crime).

Taken from the book:
Missing Persons: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on the Disappeared pg. 198-199

"Miller admits the possibility of finding Lucas alive is slim, but he's still hoping for a miracle.

"My thoughts are, probably has something has happened to him. But I love it when I'm wrong," he said.

Members of the organization will meet with detectives Saturday morning, and will pursue a search plan based off of the results of that meeting."

Texas group coming to Wichita to search for Lucas HernandezPosted:
Mar 02, 2018 9:20 PM MST
http://www.kten.com/story/37637225/texas-group-coming-to-wichita-to-search-for-lucas-hernandez

Also from above:

""We do a lot of stuff still with out horses, ATV's drone searches, a tremendous amount of boat sonar equipment drone, a ground penetration equipment in case anything is buried," Miller says.

Miller says he understands the pain Jamie and Lucas' family is going through after his own daughter went missing many years ago whose body was found 17 months later.

"I remember every minute of those 17 months of the helplessness, the hopelessness, the loneliness and just made a promise to God I would never leave a family alone if there's anything we can do, and here we are," says Miller."
[emoji173] Bless Tim!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was reading a study, and found that.

The longer distances, a victim's body was moved, up to 59 m, were when a child was murdered at the residence, indoors, in an urban setting. Shorter distances were associated with destroyed/hidden evidence, and placing the body in a bag (or I guess any container). These cases will start out at the offender's home, and may begin as a missing person report. The victim is likely known to the offender so it's important to hide the body.

38% of child victims were found in forested areas, 20% in water sources, 17% in their own home, 16% on the street, and if a vehicle is used to transport the body, most often the child victim is found within 150' of the highway (No vehicle used, and the body was still carried around 150' from the site of the crime).

Taken from the book:
pg. 198-199

Good post, rsd.

Fairly recent too...
Originally published: 2016
Author: Derek Congram

(Eta: need to read up more on if this study includes random abductions by pedophiles. If so, I would be very interested in a recent breakdown of murder by a parent, step parent, egg donor, live in girlfriend, etc...)

I had a woman come thru my lane around 8ish. While I was getting her change she asked me if there were any places on the highway to take a shower. This person had come from Wichita entry so my thought at the time was, 'what happened to you between Wichita and here that you need a shower?' I advised her there were some truck stops about 31 miles south at the Blackwell exit in Oklahoma. she kind of furrowed her eyebrows like that wasn't the answer she wanted and then she went ahead and drove on. Now we see all kinds of things on the turnpike (I could write a book) so I didn't discuss it with anyone until my next shift the following weekend after the reports of Lucas disappearance. I reported it to my supervisor on the 23rd and called the tip line the next morning. The woman was, I would guess, in her late twenties, thin, had very dark shoulder length hair. As I said it could have been completely unrelated and just some poor lady having a bad night but I felt like I needed to say something just in case.

Just wanted to say thank you for reporting this. Even if it turns out to be unrelated, I'm sure the fact that you cared enough to take the time to do so means a lot to Lucas' family.

Best thing in the world that could happen right now in this case as far as finding Lucas imo is that TES is searching tomorrow!!!!

We should know more in the morning after the meeting.

I won’t sleep tonight - I’m so anxious for them to get started!

O/T - I’m trying to arrange for some food, snacks, coffee, drinks, etc. for the searchers (about 30 people). Lunch tomorrow has been donated. Does anyone in the area know of any local restaurants/stores that might donate? Once I hear about the search locations I’ll put together a “sign up sheet.”

Dillons is a large local grocery store. Their parent company is Kroger. I don't know who you'd contact - probably a store manager at any of the locations would be a starting place at least.

Pizza Hut is a "Wichita" business, having started there long ago. Possibly they might be willing to help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member