Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Kansas technically has the death penalty for leverage. No one‘s been executed in 50 years, but it is on the books.

I don't know if this is true everywhere but when my ex was in law school in Texas he told that a prosecutor can't use the death penalty as leverage to get a person to confess to a crime. As I understood it, if the prosecutor has pretty rock solid evidence to prove guilt he can then leverage the death penalty to come to a plea agreement instead of going to trial.

Msfacetious said it well, IMO,:
"Plenty of people keep their mouth shut for longer than a week. We are still missing: Caylee, Ayla, Aliyah, Relisha, Trenton, Kyron, Gabriel, Skelton brothers.... just to name a few."

''
Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Lisa Irwin

This is my momma.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm sure we will enjoy your Momma as much as we enjoy you. :loveyou:

Most cases I have followed on websleuths, the perpetrator does not confess unless LE can prove they have plenty of evidence against them to keep them locked up or they find the victims body.
Lonzie Barton comes to mind. The perp confessed where lonzie was without LE finding his little body. They had plenty of evidence that he had staged the kidnapping so he told them where lonzie was.

This makes me think LE have not yet got enough evidence on EG to make her confess if she does know where Lucas is.
I really hope they have phone pings and other evidence.

Anything they could hold over her head would be LESS than capital murder. I simply don't think she will crack due to being threatened. She's not scared.

When a house is searched do they search for hiding places in the house?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Yes, but things get missed. Elaina was in the ceiling rafters and was missed for WAY too long.

How sad that she is the poster child as the lone verifiable exception to this sad rule.

There must be more, then, that never made it into the public eye? Now I'm curious if anyone else has an example to ponder.

Not even close to the only one. There are many of them.

Adam Walsh
Polly Klass
Elizabeth Smart
Destiny Norton
Jaycee Duggard
Jessica Lunsford
Summer Thompson
The Cleveland girls, except one.
Carlie B
Danielle V
Devon
I can think of a dozen who I can't name because they were found alive. Abducted from their homes or front yards and found alive, but abused.

It very much frustrates me that I can't name them ALL. My brain just can't hold that much information. :tantrum:

My brother has a crawl space on the 1st floor of his house in a bedroom closet. You have to pull the carpet back to find the door...

So, I guess it is possible for the house to have a hidden crawl space. I think that LE would have discovered it.

My house has 4 crawl space entrances. One in my bedroom closet on the floor (though it's obvious it's there, has a handle.) One outside in a window well. Then the "attic" has an entrance in the upstairs hall and in the garage. We've blocked off other ones because of stray cats. Those with doors are still there.

Just to clear up a few things I’ve seen questioned:

Lucas’ father and EG were both on the lease at the Fox Run apartment and the rental home on Edgemoor.

Lucas’ father and mother (bio-mom) share joint legal custody. His father is the residential parent (physical custody) and his mother has visitation.

Lucas does not weight 60 lbs. He weighs approximately 45 lbs.

This is all MOO... I wish I had something helpful to add, but at this point I’ll just throw my thoughts out there and continue sending thoughts and prayers to family, TXEQ, and other volunteers.

1. I do not believe EG is innocent, however, I do believe that she had help and that there is someone out there who is just as guilty as she is. I am not speculating as to who that could be.

2. I can’t think of a scenario that a judge would deny a warrant to obtain all cell phone data from potential POIs. I would lump tower pings, SM Data, etc., into that statement. I think when you consider cases like this, where there is a history of drug use, physical abuse, etc; the “POI net” can be fast fairly wide.

3. Point #2 being made, police have a reason for not releasing cell phone data. They are asking for tips, but not giving any indication as to where those tips may come from. If they had pings that placed EG at a specific place at a specific time, wouldn’t they want more information or witnesses? That seems strange to me. I’ll say again that I believe police have more than they’re releasing to the general public.

Again, MOO (now I’m saying “mooooo” in my head [emoji230]) but I feel as though there are some oddities in this case.

Edited for misspellings

Mr. Pink's ego is now inflated; this is one of the areas he wants to look at tomorrow. I am not sure if I will be going because I don't think that ego and I will fit in the truck at the same time.

I am truly laughing so hard I’m snorting. Your replies are the best and come at times when my eyes are crossed and I need them the most. Thank you for that! lol.

OT

thank you for your dedication and assistance in this case (and so many others). I hope you and your home are safe and that you remember to get a little rest.

Mr Pink + Ms Pink = Relationship goals

What had you seen that caught your attention?

I had a woman come thru my lane around 8ish. While I was getting her change she asked me if there were any places on the highway to take a shower. This person had come from Wichita entry so my thought at the time was, 'what happened to you between Wichita and here that you need a shower?' I advised her there were some truck stops about 31 miles south at the Blackwell exit in Oklahoma. she kind of furrowed her eyebrows like that wasn't the answer she wanted and then she went ahead and drove on. Now we see all kinds of things on the turnpike (I could write a book) so I didn't discuss it with anyone until my next shift the following weekend after the reports of Lucas disappearance. I reported it to my supervisor on the 23rd and called the tip line the next morning. The woman was, I would guess, in her late twenties, thin, had very dark shoulder length hair. As I said it could have been completely unrelated and just some poor lady having a bad night but I felt like I needed to say something just in case.

Living in south Wichita I think it would be hard to avoid cameras on a route to valley center. You’d almost have to go completely around Wichita.

I agree. Cameras aren’t something I originally thought of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a woman come thru my lane around 8ish. While I was getting her change she asked me if there were any places on the highway to take a shower. This person had come from Wichita entry so my thought at the time was, 'what happened to you between Wichita and here that you need a shower?' I advised her there were some truck stops about 31 miles south at the Blackwell exit in Oklahoma. she kind of furrowed her eyebrows like that wasn't the answer she wanted and then she went ahead and drove on. Now we see all kinds of things on the turnpike (I could write a book) so I didn't discuss it with anyone until my next shift the following weekend after the reports of Lucas disappearance. I reported it to my supervisor on the 23rd and called the tip line the next morning. The woman was, I would guess, in her late twenties, thin, had very dark shoulder length hair. As I said it could have been completely unrelated and just some poor lady having a bad night but I felt like I needed to say something just in case.

I just realized something....

I remember when your daughter first posted about this and people said “well Emily doesn’t have dark hair so it wasn’t her..”

Then we saw Emily in her court appearance and she had DYED HER HAIR DARK.

Which entry? Mile 50, 45, or 42?

I remember when your daughter first posted about this and people said “well Emily doesn’t have dark hair so it wasn’t her..”

Then we see her in her court appearance and she had DYED HER HAIR DARK.

Yes mom, I had mentioned this but didn’t have as many details as you. And at that time I didn’t give up to much info.

Does anyone know when Texas Equusearch usually announces their search plan?

OT

thank you for your dedication and assistance in this case (and so many others). I hope you and your home are safe and that you remember to get a little rest.

Mr Pink + Ms Pink = Relationship goals

Thanks for the kind words. Still no electricity and it likely won’t be back on until Monday. It’s going to be in the 20’s tomorrow night, so I’m going to stay at a hotel. Thankfully only 4 trees are down - 2 landed on the dock, but it could’ve been much worse.

Rest?? What’s that??!!

That I don't remember. I only remember it seemed odd she had only been on the road a relatively short period of time to be needing a shower. She seemed distracted and never smiled and at the time Lucas hadn't been reported missing yet so I didn't have reason to jot down a tag number or anything.

Yes mom, I had mentioned this but didn’t have as many details as you. And at that time I didn’t give up to much info.

Yes, it was very brief. But I do remember the dark hair comment and I ended up brushing the tip off like others- solely based off the dark hair.

I want to know when she dyed it!!

ETA- hope I didn’t get you in trouble with your mom, Renee 🤣

Then we see her in her court appearance and she had DYED HER HAIR DARK.
Each coincidence and little story doesn't seem very important on its own. But when you start to lump them together, the coincidences paint a big picture that's much too significant to ignore. It's almost like connecting the dots. Thank you, motheroffour, for calling it in.

O/T: I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers, positive energy and happy thoughts and especially those who have checked on me through the day inquiring how things were going in the storm, your kindness and concern is greatly appreciated. The storm has now officially moved through my area and the winds have died down considerably. My troublesome tree behaved itself and so far as I can see it barely lost any branches.

That I don't remember. I only remember it seemed odd she had only been on the road a relatively short period of time to be needing a shower. She seemed distracted and never smiled and at the time Lucas hadn't been reported missing yet so I didn't have reason to jot down a tag number or anything.

and were you at the southern terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member