Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on how easy it was to track the Jolleys, I think Marilane's car is in the water somewhere. I find it impossible to believe there wouldn't have been a sighting if she was out there somewhere.

I will never understand why her husband agreed to her driving in the state she was in. Anyone would do whatever they could to prevent a loved one from making a cross country trip alone when they were in a mental health crisis...right?
If she was determined enough to discard a ticket she'd already paid for and hit the road instead, I highly doubt whether any amount of cajoling on the part of AC would have made any difference!!

The more I see and hear, the more I believe she was SERIOUSLY disturbed in her mind. But even her husband didn't know how bad it was.

If she was determined enough to discard a ticket she'd already paid for and hit the road instead, I highly doubt whether any amount of cajoling on the part of AC would have made any difference!!

The more I see and hear, the more I believe she was SERIOUSLY disturbed in her mind. But even her husband didn't know how bad it was.

Agreed, I said it before and I'll say it again the hotel check in video had serious Taleka Patrick vibes. Something either in her head or completely real is making her think she is being followed/chased.

Agreed, I said it before and I'll say it again the hotel check in video had serious Taleka Patrick vibes. Something either in her head or completely real is making her think she is being followed/chased.
Although I’m not familiar with the Taleka Patrick case, I agree with you. If she thought she was being followed or chased, I’m sure altering, changing or even removing plates would be a logical step in her mind. If that is the case, she could easily be hiding in plain sight.

Although I’m not familiar with the Taleka Patrick case, I agree with you. If she thought she was being followed or chased, I’m sure altering, changing or even removing plates would be a logical step in her mind. If that is the case, she could easily be hiding in plain sight.

It was one of the cases that solidified WS as the best place on the Internet to Sleuth, the lengths people went to solve that case was incredible.
I have been playing with Mapquest and changing the settings to avoid toll roads/highways/etc. If she was avoiding these places from West Memphis and still going to Alabama she'd probably have taken US-70 to US-79S, to State Highway 147, to AR-50, to US79 to AR1 to US 49S. That would keep her off all major Insterstates I40, I 55 and 22. I have never been to the midwest before so I'm going at this blind.

The blowing off the plane ticket is seriously strange...who does that? I agree that she was more disturbed or unbalanced than has been stated...but not sure what her husband could have done to prevent her. And am so baffled by vehicle not being spotted by now. It does seem to infer that it, and she, could be in water...jmo.

Would she have access to tools ? It isn;t that easy unscrewing plates (and not be seen) and then unscrewing someone elses' and screwing them back on - although we know it was done by Jayme's kidnapper - I'm having a hard time thinking this was done by her but it is possible
JMO

Interesting and thanks for sharing this information with me. I can easily see how great WS forum is with the amount of insight from the contributors.

I did some initial reading on Taleka Patrick - yes they seem very eerily similar.

Would she have access to tools ? It isn;t that easy unscrewing plates (and not be seen) and then unscrewing someone elses' and screwing them back on - although we know it was done by Jayme's kidnapper - I'm having a hard time thinking this was done by her but it is possible
JMO

If she was comfortable to ask, im sure someone in West Memphis could have helped her remove/alter plates. I have been told West Memphis is the “worlds largest truck-stop.” I’ve only driven through the area en route to other locations, however the city is definitely lined with bigger truck stops than I’ve ever seen. Many where they stop to sleep.

Again, it’s not a location I would be comfortable spending any time in and I wonder what she did there for 3 hours.

Poor lady. With possible sleep disturbance, and reports of confused conversation, I worry that she may have had a psychic break. Perhaps schizophrenia. I worked as a psych nurse for years and would care for patient's who would be completely psychotic upon admission, and unable to sleep. The first intervention was medication that made it possible to sleep. I really am worried for her. Moo

Last edited:
Perhaps he called someone to come stay with the kids while he went. That says a lot. To go from keeping your wife's mental problem hidden to calling someone to stay with the kids so you can report her missing. That sounds like caring enough for her not to worry what others are going to think.

Although I’d hate to speculate on the particulars of her mental health status, not sleeping and paranoia are so concerning. Especially concerning on such a long trip all alone.
With the family not seeming to want to speak on her mental health openly, I can see why it hasn’t been covered by the major national news outlets. I keep wondering why is there little to no news of this story locally or even a lead story for the national news.

The FB page titled "Find Marilane" is approved as it appears to have been started by a family member of Marilane's.

The FB page titled "FIND MARILANE CARTER" is not an approved page as there are no known family members as Admins and it is a closed group. If you join that group, do NOT bring any information from there to Websleuths.
Were the comments about her paranoia, drones and being followed from this approved SM source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties