Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do bus stations have cameras? Then I would think her car would be around - we haven't heard but one would think it would be round trip - I wonder if someone has access to her email account?

Easy enough to set up a new email account or change a password.

If Adam preached Sunday morning, did he tell anyone he reported his wife missing at 3 am? Surely someone in the congregation would ask where is Marilane this morning?

The blowing off the plane ticket is seriously strange...who does that? I agree that she was more disturbed or unbalanced than has been stated...but not sure what her husband could have done to prevent her. And am so baffled by vehicle not being spotted by now. It does seem to infer that it, and she, could be in water...jmo.

I would do that! I am claustrophobic and sometimes last minute I just can’t do it. Deciding to drive and leaving at night to arrive at the time I would have arrived had I flown makes sense to me. We also know she had anxiety and flying could have made her feel even more anxiety than driving would have.

What I keep coming back to, is her children. I could almost think she decided to escape a life of obligation, and to switch her belief system completely, but any religion she might switch to, would strongly discourage abandoning small children. So, this is what makes me fear most that she isn't just "taking a break" and planning to come back.
I haven't seen anyone ask this: Was her deceased fiancee Catholic? Are his family (particularly the mother whom she is so close to?)

Someone had asked if the ex-fiancé was catholic, he was not. He was baptist. I can’t seem to find the post though. Deceased ex-fiancé was an impressive young man. I can’t believe how far I have dug into this entire case. I sure hope she’s found safely. She has certainly made an impression on me and my heart breaks for her family.

I noticed on the web site of St. Michaels that the church had many groups and connections to organizations to assist parishioners with divorce or addiction etc. It may be possible that she made contact with a support group that is helping.
I can't get away from feeling that her complete and utter silence after the last phone ping indicates that someone is helping her disappear.

I watched the Overland Park briefing again. Another fact out of that I wanted to bring up.

There are several routes she could take from her home to Birmingham, AL. However, none of those routes would take her through Hazen, AR.

This stop was off any suggested route and appears to be out of the way.

I watched the Overland Park briefing again. Another fact out of that I wanted to bring up.

There are several routes she could take from her home to Birmingham, AL. However, none of those routes would take her through Hazen, AR.

This stop was off any suggested route and appears to be out of the way.

Hazen would be a stop on I-40 between Little Rock and West Memphis. It wouldn’t be out of the way.

MOO

It is?
Why in the world would she pick that as her username?
I'm lost. I thought I was following this case but I'm seeing stuff here that is very confusing.

I am not sure. I do know a comment was made with that user name 10 years ago, so it’s been around awhile. She just recently used that account to upload her application video. Maybe that account was logged in on a particular device?

I just jumped in on this case and read thru 26 pages (can't sleep). It's one thing to have any mental disorder, even "just" anxiety and depression, but this pandemic can spike things tenfold. I think it would be hard for anyone to be cooped up in a house with three small children and a hubby.
I hope and pray she's safe and getting the help she needs!

I don't see anywhere to do a word search within the group's page - could you assist?

A day or so ago I actually saw the post from the family friend about drones and took a screenshot of it, but unfortunately it comes from the unapproved FB group, and I didn't see any comments about it on "Find Marilane."

oh no!! @scriabina you are correct! i did not know there was a group called "find marilane" AND a group called "find marline carter." i have so many tabs open for so many marilane groups that i keep refreshing, and i completely thought those were one and the same. i am so sorry @mods and websleuther's. i will report my post now.

Last edited:
Apropos of nothing maybe but women can and do abandon their families - even those with young children. My mother disappeared voluntarily leaving five children under 13 behind, including a 5 month old. It happens.

Since she had a ticket to fly out to Birmingham and didn't use it, has there been a thorough search of long term lots and parking garages at the Memphis airport to see if she paid cash for another ticket and left from there? Would LE check like that for a missing person or only for suspected foul play victims.
Also, this sounds like a case, in which a good private detective could get more results quicker than LE.

I just jumped in on this case and read thru 26 pages (can't sleep). It's one thing to have any mental disorder, even "just" anxiety and depression, but this pandemic can spike things tenfold. I think it would be hard for anyone to be cooped up in a house with three small children and a hubby.
I hope and pray she's safe and getting the help she needs!

I agree. This pandemic and really take a toll on anyone. I’m home with my 2 young children and husband and there are days that seem like they go on forever and there is no “break”-if I walk into one room, someone will follow me asking a cup of water, a snack, etc.
I wonder if her decision to drive was due to this. A time to clear her mind and “get away” in a sense, but something went wrong. IMO I would love a nice long drive, sans children and husband, to get to a destination verses flying. I would also be calling and “checking in” like it seemed she was doing.

Another thought I had is, perhaps part of her motivation to turn to the Catholic faith is that priests cannot share what is told to them in confession and this may be her outlet for support. A priest would not be able to tell anyone that she had even been in contact or what the conversation had been about.

Another thought I had is, perhaps part of her motivation to turn to the Catholic faith is that priests cannot share what is told to them in confession and this may be her outlet for support. A priest would not be able to tell anyone that she had even been in contact or what the conversation had been about.

There’s no special priest-penitent privilege separate from the clergy-penitent privilege. It’s all the same in the eyes of the law. Priests can’t be made to tell and neither can Baptist ministers. But maybe you’re saying she thinks they’d be more reluctant to run their mouths. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr