Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE 4:30PM CST August 15, 2020

Volunteers are distributing and posting flyers not only in the West Memphis/Memphis areas, but nationwide. THANK YOU to all who are stepping in and making this happen.

MS River search: Sonar data from the volunteer boaters is still in review process. Daphne Search and Rescue was unable to launch as planned. Thankfully, Team Watters Sonar Search and Recovery is preparing to launch a secondary sweep of the areas within and downstream of the last cell ping. We have some amazing volunteers handling this.

BIG news on cell phone triangulation / data: It appears law enforcement in Arkansas were able to obtain an exigent circumstances search warrant for Marilane's cell phone - to include tower data dumps and content. This data should help law enforcement forensic cell phone experts better determine where Marilane's phone is. Please pray this results in a breakthrough to find her.

Expansion of search area: we are asking everyone across not only the region and the areas she stopped (Rolla, MO; West Plains, MO; Hazen, AR; and West Memphis, AR), but NATIONWIDE to BOLO for Marilane and her car.

Here is a map that shows locations based on Marilane's credit card purchases (note: it does not account for missing time in the timeline).

She could be anywhere. 2011 GMC Acadia (dark gray / charcoal) with Kansas tag 194 LFY. No stickers or distinctive markings. Marilane was last seen wearing a red shirt and dark pants with a hat.

Marilane was traveling to Birmingham, AL to seek mental health help and last seen in West Memphis, AR, on Sunday, August 2, 2020, at approx 5PM at the Shell Station at 3900 Petro Road.

God bless all of you working to help us find Marilane.

Pray. Share. Hope. Look. #FindMarilane ❤️
Find Marilane
View attachment 260047
Ok, thought now that they gave more info in the map above I’d put the times beside.

1. Overland Park to Rolla, MO
8:15 left to purchase time of 1:34 am
(drive time 3:40)
My guess is it’s this McDonald’s.
1106 Kingshighway, Rolla, MO 65401
(Extra 1:39 minutes)

2. Houston’s
My guess is this is Houston Missouri.
1:34 am to 2:38 am (drive time 50 min) guess

3. Quality Inn
2:38 am to 3:37 am
(Drive time 50 min)

4. Hazen Gas
6:08 am to 2 pm
(Drive time 3:21) extra time 4:31 minutes

5. Shell West Memphis 4:58 pm
3900 Petro Rd
2 pm to 4:58 pm
(Drive time 1:23 minutes) extra time 1:35 minutes

6. ping bridge 8:02 pm (can’t remember if that’s exact)
4:58 to 8:02 pm
Drive time 3 minutes

Agree with someone else, great first post. Funny I was sleuthing him this morning as well. I noted what you did and saw many deleted tweets. I wonder why? Also, very few followers on the YouTube which made me wonder how and why she found him. I did wonder if his story of his calling resonated with her.
Did this priest have an English accent?
Is there a way to find out where he's from?

Also, maybe she called home regularly to buy time in getting away. As long as they knew she was Ok, they wouldn't worry too much, so once she got to Hazen or her last gas up, she turned off the phone knowing she had a head start and went on her way from there.

All speculation.

If she had cash squirreled away, she could've done as suggested in the above post and be almost anywhere. She could easily blend into a crowd and so could her vehicle as long as she did nothing to draw attention to herself.

Ok, thought now that they gave more info in the map above I’d put the times beside.

1. Overland Park to Rolla, MO
8:15 left to purchase time of 1:34 am
(drive time 3:40)
My guess is it’s this McDonald’s.
1106 Kingshighway, Rolla, MO 65401
(Extra 1:39 minutes)

2. Houston’s
My guess is this is Houston Missouri.
1:34 am to 2:38 am (drive time 50 min) guess

3. Quality Inn
2:38 am to 3:37 am
(Drive time 50 min)

4. Hazen Gas
6:08 am to 2 pm
(Drive time 3:21) extra time 4:31 minutes

5. Shell West Memphis 4:58 pm
3900 Petro Rd
2 pm to 4:58 pm
(Drive time 1:23 minutes) extra time 1:35 minutes

6. ping bridge 8:02 pm (can’t remember if that’s exact)
4:58 to 8:02 pm
Drive time 3 minutes
I am confused or at best need some clarification.
She stopped for gas at 6:08 at Hazen Gas and filled up I assume then. Then drove for for 1:35 minutes and had to fill again at Shell? How come she had to fill again so soon? Was she topping off because she knew she was heading somewhere?

Second, when she filled again at the Shell at 4:58, was she heading across the bridge east into Memphis? And that bridge is where her phone went dead for the final time?

Just waiting now. It does appear they are getting nationwide attention and some valuable assistance. She could be in Montana or who knows where.

ETA did anyone else think it strange how in that gas station video, she got in her vehicle and just sat there with door ajar?

Another newbie here. What an amazing community this is. This case has drawn me in. I am heartbroken that two weeks has gone by and they held their first press conference yesterday and are just now getting cell phone data. The challenge of having a small police force in charge of a search so many miles away covering many states.

I believe that her mental state is the biggest issue here. The officer couldn't directly speak of it in the press conference but certainly alluded to it. Her mother spoke of how confused she was and that she had gotten lost. The timeline certainly reinforces that as well.

After reading through all the many incredible posts and sleuthing here, I unfortunately, agree with those that know the area that believe that something happened to her around West Memphis, AR. Which makes me more heartbroken that the police were not more proactive in getting the data needed and holding press conferences.

I so hope I am wrong.

I am confused or at best need some clarification.
She stopped for gas at 6:08 at Hazen Gas and filled up I assume then. Then drove for for 1:35 minutes and had to fill again at Shell? How come she had to fill again so soon? Was she topping off because she knew she was heading somewhere?

Second, when she filled again at the Shell at 4:58, was she heading across the bridge east into Memphis? And that bridge is where her phone went dead for the final time?
Well they haven’t shared how much she spent in Hazen or what it was for. I do think they said gas was $32 in Memphis. They lose her after the shell with exception of the ping near weigh station/bridge/walking trail I don’t think they know where she went except that the Memphis tag readers have not picked her up, so we assume she did not cross the bridge in her vehicle.

Well they haven’t shared how much she spent in Hazen or what it was for. I do think they said gas was $32 in Memphis. They lose her after the shell with exception of the ping near weigh station/bridge/walking trail I don’t think they know where she went except that the Memphis tag readers have not picked her up, so we assume she did not cross the bridge in her vehicle.
But, was the gas station on the side of the road so she would have been heading into the city? I can't get the idea out of my head that her car is in a lot or garage at the airport and she took a flight out. I wonder if someone has checked to see if she used the credit from SW on the flight she didn't take.

Do we know when she was on the phone with her mother saying that she was lost and on a dirt road relative to her phone pinging at the bridge/walking trail in West Memphis? There are some roads down in that area that turn into dirt and at least one of them, Dacus Lake Rd, looks like you could follow an off-road trail down into a body of water called Hopefield Chute.

But, was the gas station on the side of the road so she would have been heading into the city? I can't get the idea out of my head that her car is in a lot or garage at the airport and she took a flight out. I wonder if someone has checked to see if she used the credit from SW on the flight she didn't take.
Here is the video and still screenshot.
Video of Marilane at Shell in West Memphis, AR on 8/2/2020 at approx 4:58 PM

here is the shell
3900 Petro Rd, West Memphis, AR 72301
Google Maps

She could have got on two different highways going 2 different directions each from there.
upload_2020-8-15_19-32-37.png
upload_2020-8-15_19-33-46.jpeg

FYI all airport parking has been searched regularly for her car by airport authorities in Memphis.

Yes the area by the “Big River Crossing” walking path has dirt roads that meander from the last exit off I-55 before entering into Memphis. (If you look on the map the area that appears to be a triangle area between the interstates and along the river). When you are down there it appears as if you can also take those roads to connect with I-40 but it’s not possible. IMO, after being down there myself (they plant an annual sunflower field) it can easily become confusing and disorienting - under the best of circumstances.

This area floods in the spring as the river rises post winter melt/precipitation upstream. It’s west of the W. Memphis levee system that protects the city from water.

Last edited:
Maybe she has gone on a retreat. Are there any Catholic retreats going on in that area at the moment ?

Earlier today I noticed Subiaco Abbey in Subiaco, AR holds retreats and also welcomes individuals (and couples) “coming in peace.” Subiaco is essentially across the state however. Approximately 227 miles from West Memphis.

There’s also a convent (Holy Angels) in Jonesboro, AR - which although much closer doesn’t appear to have as much as an “open door” as Subiaco Abbey.

I just don’t know. I go from one impression of what likely happened to an entirely different conclusion fairly easily at this point. I really appreciate all the different minds tackling this-especially this group. There’s been a tremendous amount of valuable insight being shared.

To the previous poster, can you enter an Abbey for a retreat anonymously? She could have somehow saved or acquired enough cash to not use a credit card. Or sold her car to get the money.

I’m not sure. It didn’t specify online. I’d imagine individuals in need would be welcomed as a part of their ministry if they were in need. However that’s speculation on my part. I did come across something that said MC inherited a large sum of money in the last several years.

The Subiaco Abbey has 36 guest rooms and welcomes all denominations ....”the grounds of the Subiaco Abbey provide a beautiful setting to experience the presence and love of God and peace of Christ through walking, hiking reading or meditation”.
Www.countrymonks.org

Last edited:
Fort Smith and Jonesboro are shown as locations of women monasteries in the above link...no idea of distances etc...or how they might handle a “walk-in” so to speak...

Looks like the Fort Smith one is closed until September at least...

Not saying I think it likely she went to a religious retreat...but who knows. Jmo

Fort Smith and Jonesboro are shown as locations of women monasteries in the above link...no idea of distances etc...or how they might handle a “walk-in” so to speak...

Looks like the Fort Smith one is closed until September at least...

Not saying I think it likely she went to a religious retreat...but who knows. Jmo

Appears as if they still have events open and available to book through August even though I see the covid closure disclaimer through September. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13