Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished. Nothing new to me other than she had purchased a SW Airlines ticket to Alabama but took a nap and decided when she wakened not to wait for the flight but to leave at that time and drive. Her husband knew and off she went.
thank you - Wow - if she hadn't been spotted on video I would be wondering about when she actually left (and did she leave?) this one is bothering me...
JMO

I think we should be leaning more towards she did convert based on all the evidence.

The YouTube account follows a priest who interestingly talks about his calling in one of the 7 videos he has uploaded. He only has 12 subscribers and Marilane is one. We’ve already figured out the user name is her deceased fiancées birthday.

Sometimes intellectuals do change religion. We know she had her masters in divinity.

The key question for me will be did her husband know.

I hope she has been taken in by a catholic related safe house for lack of a better word.

Here is the YouTube and screenshot of who she subscribed to. I also find interesting she subscribed to Alanis Morisette who had her own public battle with mental illness.
https://www.youtube.com/user/trc32483

It is?
Why in the world would she pick that as her username?
I'm lost. I thought I was following this case but I'm seeing stuff here that is very confusing.

Actually, there was several pieces of info discussed during the press conference that was of interest:
  • Adam reported her missing at 3AM Monday. This had been highly contested on the Facebook pages, but now it’s been clarified by OPPD.
  • OnStar has been investigated, but tracking her vehicle is “impossible.” (but why? Did someone remove the device from the car?)
  • She purchased a plane ticket to go to Birmingham, but got antsy and left the night before by driving. ***This is huge, in my opinion. This had nothing to do with her sister’s baby. This had to do with her state of mind. I worry very much for her wellbeing now.***

I'm confused about the conversion process - specifically, the length of time.

My former boss wasn't Catholic but married a Catholic. He eventually converted and it was a rather lengthy process. There were classes and lessons and … stuff … it wasn't just a simple process. I think I recall, he even had a sponsor in the church, for lack of a better term.

Can any Catholic on the board chime in and tell me if the conversion process is still like that or if you can just easily walk down the aisle, as you do in Baptist churches.

Also, preacher's wife here. Both of us raised Baptist (Southern for me, Missionary for him). I can't decide where I sit on this case, yet, but I will say this: assuming she's not having mental health problems, I'm surprised that there aren't more people from the church commenting publicly. Scandalous behavior rarely stays among the "prayer chain" for this long.
I converted later in life. It isn't something that is done on a whim. I had to go through an interview process and classes. Moo

The three hours of time from the Shell station (~5pm) & ~(8pm) when she last spoke to her mother crossing the bridge is so concerning to me. These two locations are within miles of one another, yet it took her 3 hours.

The timeline is not unlike others in her path where it took much longer to get somewhere than normal.

West Memphis, Arkansas is not a place I would consider overly safe for a female alone. It’s not a place I would ever consider being alone for any amount of time. Moo

I thought it was a lengthy process.

I'm not sure how anyone can be gone two hours on the same evening and nothing be said or noticed.

Or discussed by the community.

This whole case isn't passing the smell test.

BBM. I've wondered the same thing, especially considering she has young kids at home. Someone has to watch the kids if she is out of the house, either the husband or a babysitter or family member. The only thing that I can think of is that maybe she had invented another evening commitment (workout class? tutoring? something like that) to cover for the need for someone else to watch the kids. IF she was attending in secret, that is, which IMO is more believable than her attending openly, given her ties to the Baptist church.

I just finished. Nothing new to me other than she had purchased a SW Airlines ticket to Alabama but took a nap and decided when she wakened not to wait for the flight but to leave at that time and drive. Her husband knew and off she went.

DBM, question answered in later post

The three hours of time from the Shell station (~5pm) & ~(8pm) when she last spoke to her mother crossing the bridge is so concerning to me. These two locations are within miles of one another, yet it took her 3 hours.

The timeline is not unlike others in her path where it took much longer to get somewhere than normal.

West Memphis, Arkansas is not a place I would consider overly safe for a female alone. It’s not a place I would ever consider being alone for any amount of time. Moo

During the press conference Detective Larsen said around 10 minutes in, that Memphis has a real time crime center that has pulled all of their tag readers/traffic cameras, and there are two main bridges and all readers/traffic cams have been searched and they have not seen her or her car go over the bridges. I do not know Memphis/West Memphis at all, if she needed to get over one of the two bridges but did not want to be spotted by traffic cameras how would she go about that, is it possible?

What’s the groups impression now that we have listened to the press conference? Anything changed for you?

The few things that struck me-
*urgency in needing to leave that night when she had purchased a flight for the next day to fly to Birmingham.
*that her husband reported her that night. Essentially the night she went missing. He was concerned after she hadn’t been heard from after ~8 hours.
*the police in Overland Park took this report seriously as a report was made. I’m Assuming that’s due to the “mental state” that we still haven’t gotten much (or any) real clarification on.
*she has essentially disappeared since the last call. License plate readers in Memphis have not picked up her plates.
*he said there was no evidence to support she entered the water. So, no tracks etc. I’ve been down in this area before and to my knowledge-you would have to be “off road” to access the river by vehicle.
moo

Last edited:
During the press conference Detective Larsen said around 10 minutes in, that Memphis has a real time crime center that has pulled all of their tag readers/traffic cameras, and there are two main bridges and all readers/traffic cams have been searched and they have not seen her or her car go over the bridges. I do not know Memphis/West Memphis at all, if she needed to get over one of the two bridges but did not want to be spotted by traffic cameras how would she go about that, is it possible?
No, not possible. At least in our metro area. These are the only two ways to cross into Tennessee. Alternative route to cross North would be at dyersburg, TN and South at Helena, AR.

Based on how easy it was to track the Jolleys, I think Marilane's car is in the water somewhere. I find it impossible to believe there wouldn't have been a sighting if she was out there somewhere.

I will never understand why her husband agreed to her driving in the state she was in. Anyone would do whatever they could to prevent a loved one from making a cross country trip alone when they were in a mental health crisis...right?

She took her first communion in June 2020.
I’m Catholic. My understanding is if one has been baptized in a Christian religion, it isn’t necessary to be baptized again in the Catholic Church. The person usually enters the RCIA program to learn more about the Catholic faith. One usually has a Catholic sponsor to be confirmed. I would describe it as a fast track program because most enter the Catholic faith at baptism sometime after birth, 1st communion (around 2nd grade) and confirmation (jr. high/high school). All the while attending religion classes either via a Catholic school or religion classes at your home church. MOO

Based on how easy it was to track the Jolleys, I think Marilane's car is in the water somewhere. I find it impossible to believe there wouldn't have been a sighting if she was out there somewhere.

I will never understand why her husband agreed to her driving in the state she was in. Anyone would do whatever they could to prevent a loved one from making a cross country trip alone when they were in a mental health crisis...right?

Well, we don't know what we don't know. None of us have a clue what that conversation looked like, or what was said by either of them.

What’s the groups impression now that we have listened to the press conference? Anything changed for you?

The few things that struck me-
*urgency in needing to leave that night when she had purchased a flight for the next day to fly to Birmingham.
*that her husband reported her that night. Essentially the night she went missing. He was concerned after she hadn’t been heard from after ~8 hours.
*the police in Overland Park took this report seriously as a report was made. I’m Assuming that’s due to the “mental state” that we still haven’t gotten much (or any) real clarification on.
*she has essentially disappeared since the last call. License plate readers in Memphis have not picked up her plates.
moo
Oops edited to fix formatting lol

What if she (or maybe someone else who has the vehicle) switched out the plates? Or maybe altered the numbers/letters?

This case has me constantly scratching my head!

Where are you, Marilane????

@Savmom perhaps...given she hasn’t been seen past that point the only two options would be

1) she’s in the water
2) she’s switched plates

I personally don’t know how I would go about finding new plates however, maybe that’s the 3 hour time lag in West Memphis, AR. Perhaps she’s had help in disappearing.

The friend of the family who spoke up several days ago on this board (which sadly we haven’t heard from since) said her family would NOT support a divorce.

Search continues for Marilane Carter; trail stops in Arkansas

The lead detective in the case, Blake Larsen with the Overland Park Police Department, said that while it’s a “unique and strange case,” authorities have no reason to reclassify her disappearance as a criminal investigation.

[...]

“What makes this one really strange is how everything just stopped at a certain time, and we haven’t had any sightings or heard from her since," Larsen said. "A lot of people who go missing, we can continue to track ... This one is just strange how it just stopped.”

(more at link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member