Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE 8:45PM CST August 13, 2020

Overland Park Police Department is planning to press update tomorrow at their headquarters with lead investigator, Det. B. Larsen. Times will be announced by OPPD.

Volunteers manned a sonar boat today and scanned large areas of the MS river near where it could be possible for Marilane / her vehicle to enter the water. Sonar imagery is being analyzed.

Tomorrow additional sonar boats will be searching the ensure all of the probable areas are scanned and imaged.

Anyone with tips + info are asked to call local law enforcement. Thank you to all who have done so since Marilane was reported missing.

A big thank you to the volunteers who have now posted 1000+ flyers around the Memphis area since Tuesday. Trucking companies are distributing them to their vigilant drivers as they haul loads nationwide.

Thank you to Fox News + America's Newsroom + Julie Banderas for airing Marilane's story today across the country to get this to as many people as possible.

Pray. Share. Hope. Look. #FindMarilane ❤️
Find Marilane

UPDATE 8:45PM CST August 13, 2020

Overland Park Police Department is planning to press update tomorrow at their headquarters with lead investigator, Det. B. Larsen. Times will be announced by OPPD.

Volunteers manned a sonar boat today and scanned large areas of the MS river near where it could be possible for Marilane / her vehicle to enter the water. Sonar imagery is being analyzed.

Tomorrow additional sonar boats will be searching the ensure all of the probable areas are scanned and imaged.

Anyone with tips + info are asked to call local law enforcement. Thank you to all who have done so since Marilane was reported missing.

A big thank you to the volunteers who have now posted 1000+ flyers around the Memphis area since Tuesday. Trucking companies are distributing them to their vigilant drivers as they haul loads nationwide.

Thank you to Fox News + America's Newsroom + Julie Banderas for airing Marilane's story today across the country to get this to as many people as possible.

Find Marilane
I am glad to hear that there will (possibly) be some kind of briefing by the OPPD, maybe her family will have some answers finally as well as us. Thank you for the update!

You know. I am often in the "husband did it" or "wife did it" or even "parents did it" camp when it comes to the missing persons stories. I am not getting that vibe this time. They have footage of MC checking in and out of a motel, and hubby is nowhere near there.

I think this was a a woman who was emotionally upset, who left rather spontaneously. What happened after that, I don't know, but I'd say in order I would guess as a tie for #1 theory, self-harm or accident. Theory # 2 would be that she is is with someone of her choosing, or in a facility.

It kind of bugs me when people say "How could her hubby LET her leave like that?" If he had stopped her, I think the same people would say "Oh look how controlling he is! Not letting her leave!"
Let me say, as a grown woman, if i decide to leave the house late at night for a long trip, Hubby would not be happy, but neither would he be able to stop me. I am an adult and do what I want to do, ultimately.

Also, I think it is a stretch to assume he was abusive. There are many women who choose to desert their families for reasons other than abuse. There are also many women who get upset, need a cooling off period, who leave with every intention of coming back; but sometimes they meet with tragedy before they make it home.

Honestly, I don't think AC can win either way in public opinion. If he stays home with the kids, he should be out looking. If he goes out looking, he should be home with his kids. It's D&#$@ if you do and D*)@# if you don't.
Also, it is very possible he hasn't gone into details about her issues because he doesn't want to embarrass her, leaving her an easy path to come back without too much judgement.

I truly home MC makes it home to her children safely

Find Marilane

UPDATE 10:15AM CST August 13, 2020

Sonar boat and volunteers deployed at 6:30AM today on the MS river with the water search underway to hopefully rule out any possibility that Marilane and/or her vehicle are there.

Nancy Grace was very kind to have us join her show that will air later today on Fox Nation and SiriusXM 111 from 11a - 1p to help spread the word about Marilane.

Volunteers are still needed to post flyers around the region. You can pick-up flyers for free at the FedEx Office Print & Ship Center anytime weekdays 8a-8p. If you need the PDF to print yourself, just message our page and we can send those to you.

Law enforcement is following up on all tips and leads. Contact your local law enforcement agency with info. We were encouraged to learn that a task force with forensic cellular analysis expertise has now offered their support to Overland Park Police Department in determining more about the final calls / pings / location, etc.

View attachment 259575 View attachment 259576

Just thinking how unlikely it is that Marilane will be found if she went into the Mississippi.

A couple of decades ago one of my friends' parents' private plane disappeared into the river near here (Memphis) and they've never found a sign of that plane or the people.

The current is swift and unrelenting.

Very sad.

I live in a city but travel in rural areas just a couple of miles outside of the city limits and cell phone calls will quickly disconnect. One road in particular that surrounds a large lake has a couple of cell towers in site. Locals know where not to try making a call. I believe that could be what happened to MC when she was speaking with her husband and her mom.

That highway is notorious for breaks in cell service. I travelled it once a week for years and almost always lost service in West Memphis until I got over the Memphis bridge.

on the find MC fb page, it is being discussed that the phone number for tips on the flyer is the BIL's personal phone number. how is this ok? this case is so shady.

also, the only person who's said the husband is cleared is the husband. the fact that she was not reported missing for days is not a good look, especially when he says he drove her path looking for her. how does he know her path if it wasn't a missing persons case yet and her path had not been made public? is he the person we are getting her path from? he is guilty of something, i tell ya. it might not be murder, but i get a terrible vibe from him and his BIL. (i will gladly apologize if she turns out to have run away or had an accident. just speculating, for now.)

moo.

I am very curious about why her car cannot be located. I know they are searching the river with sonar but then local folks have said it is near impossible to get a car into the river. All possibilities must be ruled out.

Her car, if she has left it, may be hiding in plain sight. She may have left it parked on a residential street. I wonder if folks are out looking in municipal parking lots, parking garages, on all levels and in all corners and mall parking lots etc. Preferably, they would be looking at 5 am when traffic is at the lightest and it would be easiest to spot. MOO MOO MOO

I'd like to know more about her joining the Catholic church while her husband is a Baptist pastor.

o_O

I don't think she did.
Like someone previously mentioned, in Baptist circles, something like this is considered heretical.
Baptists and Roman Catholics don't hold to the same doctrinal teachings AT ALL.
So for her to do this, either with or without her husband's knowledge, it presents all kinds of HUGE issues, in their marriage, extended Baptist family, his position as pastor, their friendships and fellowship in the church, etc.
And if it was with his knowledge, he's definitely going to be looking for a new job.
I just can't bring myself to believe this is what happened, only because it's essentially unheard of, for the wife of a Baptist pastor to convert to Roman Catholicism.

jmo

I don't think she did.
Like someone previously mentioned, in Baptist circles, something like this is considered heretical.
Baptists and Roman Catholics don't hold to the same doctrinal teachings AT ALL.
So for her to do this, either with or without her husband's knowledge, it presents all kinds of HUGE issues, in their marriage, extended Baptist family, his position as pastor, their friendships and fellowship in the church, etc.
And if it was with his knowledge, he's definitely going to be looking for a new job.
I just can't bring myself to believe this is what happened, only because it's essentially unheard of, for the wife of a Baptist pastor to convert to Roman Catholicism.

jmo
ITA And, it is easy to understand that once she took the step to leave, it has become totally impossible for her to go back. She would be stepping back into a life that would forever judge her quite harshly, church, family, even more harshly that what made her leave. MOO MOO MOO
She seems to have many who love her but would not/could not support her unreservedly in what she has done.

ITA And, it is easy to understand that once she took the step to leave, it has become totally impossible for her to go back. She would be stepping back into a life that would forever judge her quite harshly, church, family, even more harshly that what made her leave. MOO MOO MOO
She seems to have many who love her but would not/could not support her unreservedly in what she has done.

MOO is this would depend on the congregation and church individually. We once had a local young man. He had issues with with mental illness. Yet felt very led to preach. Once after he spoke at our church and was having problems, our church took up an offering for him to help pay for treatment and helped get him admitted to a hospital to get some help. While he was never able to pastor a church full time, he spent his ministry as a fill in or supply pastor and was very accepted locally. He passed away recently(nothing related to his mental problems).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214