Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exclusive: Pastor’s gorgeous mom-of-3 wife and family’s GMC Acadia VANISH. WHERE IS MARILANE CARTER? [Update]

Carter’s brother-in-law, Brady McLaughlin, told Nancy Grace on Thursday’s “Crime Stories” episode that Carter wanted to find a local facility in Alabama to help her with sleeping issues, preferably a facility she was familiar and comfortable with.

“She had previous experience as a chaplain at two facilities she was looking at, so, she was a lot more comfortable coming to Birmingham,” McLaughlin said.

There is no evidence of a crime being committed,” McLaughlin said. “This is clearly a missing person case.”

—-

Wow - they have to know more or that seems like blinded statement. How do they know she didn’t meet with danger or crime on the way?

Exclusive: Pastor’s gorgeous mom-of-3 wife and family’s GMC Acadia VANISH. WHERE IS MARILANE CARTER? [Update]

Carter’s brother-in-law, Brady McLaughlin, told Nancy Grace on Thursday’s “Crime Stories” episode that Carter wanted to find a local facility in Alabama to help her with sleeping issues, preferably a facility she was familiar and comfortable with.

“She had previous experience as a chaplain at two facilities she was looking at, so, she was a lot more comfortable coming to Birmingham,” McLaughlin said.

There is no evidence of a crime being committed,” McLaughlin said. “This is clearly a missing person case.”

—-

Wow - they have to know more or that seems like blinded statement. How do they know she didn’t meet with danger or crime on the way?
I guess the phone going dead and 15 minutes later going dead while talking to mom would only mean she wasn’t on the bridge because she’d be past it by then if driving. I guess that’s why the walk-in trail makes sense.

when I first looked I think there was a bike race or something there around the time she went missing. I saw pics on Instagram. I’ll have to relook.

I live in a city but travel in rural areas just a couple of miles outside of the city limits and cell phone calls will quickly disconnect. One road in particular that surrounds a large lake has a couple of cell towers in site. Locals know where not to try making a call. I believe that could be what happened to MC when she was speaking with her husband and her mom.

I have a feeling that she did, indeed, leave to seek treatment and/or just escape for a while because she felt like she was under immense pressure/expectations. I also think she did not have a concrete plan in place to ensure her departure would be successful. Now I'm worried that if she is still alive, the added pressure of this national story may cause her to self harm. I'm not laying blame on anyone! Just stating a concern of mine. MOO

This is my fear, as well.

I am just so worried for Marilane. It concerns me she hasn't charged her phone. I would assume she would have brought a charger, but it doesn't seem like she has turned her phone on. That itself wouldn't be so concerning if it wasn't for the potential mental health struggles and or sleep issues she is experiencing. She is coming up on two weeks missing. I don't think this will have a good outcome but won't rule anything out, especially after all the voluntarily missing person cases recently with them being found. I hope she is hiding out somewhere safe and sound.

On the brighter side, patients at rehabilitation centers are required to turn in cell phones and any device that can access the internet upon admission.
In-patients usually have limited access to landline phones. This could be a less discouraging explanation for her phone being completely off and not charged. If she is getting help at such a place at least she is safe!
MOO

I wonder.....could the plan to get help in Birmingham been a ruse to help her get away? Perhaps she wanted to go to a facility that she knew her husband and family would not approve of and would try to get her out of. So perhaps she really planned to check in to a facility of her choice they knew nothing about?

I wonder.....could the plan to get help in Birmingham been a ruse to help her get away? Perhaps she wanted to go to a facility that she knew her husband and family would not approve of and would try to get her out of. So perhaps she really planned to check in to a facility of her choice they knew nothing about?
I was hoping for that but am perplexed by the different locations she stopped and supposed searching on her way.

I was also hopeful her comments to family were just a ruse to get away as well.

Her car needs found.

Wondering the same. She could have thrown her phone overboard and headed out in an entirely different direction after purchasing a new phone. Did she save up cash so no credit card trail? Feign confusion to throw her family off? I just don't know. It's bizarre

I sure wish there was a way for a recognized facility to report a patient is safe and in treatment so everything remains anonymous. That way if this person is holed up somewhere then there would be no need for the resources to be used trying to locate. I think it's just ridiculous that someone can create all this concern for no reason if they are in treatment. MOO.

I sure wish there was a way for a recognized facility to report a patient is safe and in treatment so everything remains anonymous. That way if this person is holed up somewhere then there would be no need for the resources to be used trying to locate. I think it's just ridiculous that someone can create all this concern for no reason if they are in treatment. MOO.
ITA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member