Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she did convert to Catholicism, certainly she was known to the head office there. Not only that, but wouldn't she have to have a sponsor in order to convert? Wouldn't there have been questions and interviews? Sorry, but I see tons of problems with this and it's hard for me to think the Catholic Church would have been okay with this?! Maybe I'm way off on this but navigating the path must have been extremely difficult on all fronts. There has to be someone who knows her and who helped her her along this path and would have a good deal of insight into what was/is going on with her at the time.

To my knowledge the catholic conversion hasn’t been acknowledged by family or LE. No questions were asked about that specifically at the press conference.

I agree whomever her sponsor is, they certainly would have valuable information to lend to the efforts to find Marilane.

So anyone who has been around the block with cases, can you educate me?

Overland Park is lead and they have support from all these other agencies including the fbi. My understanding is that the Overland Park Police will just ask assistance from them with things they can’t do.

So, realistically, what is being done?
- waiting on the possible search warrant from Arkansas and then FBI will analyze?
- from this article below, I wonder if that has been completed?
Marilane Carter: Police release details of missing pastor’s wife
Forensic cellular experts are working with the Overland Park Police Department to determine more about her last calls to family and her last location.

Then my questions—
and these are not being asked to aide in finding anyone other than Marilane responsible for being missing although they regularly would be done when a crime is suspected. My thoughts with these questions are that the info found could identify a place she could be. Do her searches reveal an illness she thought she had? Did she search for ways to disappear, heal your mind, escape for awhile? I just can’t imagine the following things being gone because it’s “not a crime”, yet they’d possibly be helpful in locating her.

1. Does anyone analyze their cell phone bill or credit card charges in past months in the meantime?
... did she plan this and begin purchasing things she would need?
...unusual purchases?

2. Are there any searches of computer equipment at the home?
... so very many possibilities here. Search history, google history, chrome history, activity on Facebook, Instagram, unknown groups she may have participated in online, Reddit profiles, dm’s, follows, connected apps, etc.
... I feel like if that isn’t being done by authorities that the family could easily miss clues by not knowing how or what to search for. Logins could auto populate when logged into a shared google account or chrome and accessing her Facebook could show her activity and so much more. Even locations.

3. Router history- how many of you know that this is even possible? Has it been looked at to see if she has an unknown device that’s connected to WiFi at home? Sites visited here?

4. Banking.
... Has it been analyzed to see if she was siphoning money?

5. Apple ID- is it shared? Do both have access? Search history can be seen, last calls, etc. Did her device auto back up each night? If so, could it have backed up in the hotel and then be accessed from her Apple ID or iTunes account?

6. Phone bill- many don’t show usage but all you have to do is ask for it in chat and they give it. I have sprint, and have done that twice now.

7. Have all her email addresses, and user names been tried to find hidden accounts?

———

My rambling thoughts of the day. Hoping she’s found safe and sound..

https://www.al.com/news/2020/08/marilane-carter-police-release-details-of-missing-pastors-wife.html

With all due respect, I don't believe anyone here said it's impossible or unheard of, for the wife of a Baptist pastor to convert to Roman Catholicism. Speaking for myself only, I have said that it's extraordinarily rare, and that is based entirely on my own subjective experience. <modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped>

We all bring different experiences to the forum and to the cases we discuss, and that's a very good thing.

jmo

Agree @Ontario Mom

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at this in the beginning too. I saw a comment where someone thought this was a person loading newspapers. I tend to agree. Would be helpful to know if there actually was a newspaper stand there. I looked on google earth and didn’t see one. I did see a box with a sign on it that someone else suggested was a possibility. I don’t think she was being followed personally.
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth
If you have the time - relook at this. I wanted to say someone brought this up originally as well. About 10 seconds remaining into the video a car leaves the route which would take it directly in front of and past Marilanes car. Instead it pulls off that road, takes a quick turn behind her and then along side her in the turning lane.

it is odd. Maybe she was being followed. Maybe a reason as to why she had to leave the hotel abruptly.

Any others thoughts?

If she did convert to Catholicism, certainly she was known to the head office there. Not only that, but wouldn't she have to have a sponsor in order to convert? Wouldn't there have been questions and interviews? Sorry, but I see tons of problems with this and it's hard for me to think the Catholic Church would have been okay with this?! Maybe I'm way off on this but navigating the path must have been extremely difficult on all fronts. There has to be someone who knows her and who helped her her along this path and would have a good deal of insight into what was/is going on with her at the time.

It’s common for adults to be given a sponsor from the Church Parish. She doesn’t have to have someone that knows her to help her along this path. IMO

So anyone who has been around the block with cases, can you educate me?

Overland Park is lead and they have support from all these other agencies including the fbi. My understanding is that the Overland Park Police will just ask assistance from them with things they can’t do.

So, realistically, what is being done?
- waiting on the possible search warrant from Arkansas and then FBI will analyze?
- from this article below, I wonder if that has been completed?
Forensic cellular experts are working with the Overland Park Police Department to determine more about her last calls to family and her last location.

Then my questions—
and these are not being asked to aide in finding anyone other than Marilane responsible for being missing although they regularly would be done when a crime is suspected. My thoughts with these questions are that the info found could identify a place she could be. Do her searches reveal an illness she thought she had? Did she search for ways to disappear, heal your mind, escape for awhile? I just can’t imagine the following things being gone because it’s “not a crime”, yet they’d possibly be helpful in locating her.

1. Does anyone analyze their cell phone bill or credit card charges in past months in the meantime?
... did she plan this and begin purchasing things she would need?
...unusual purchases?

2. Are there any searches of computer equipment at the home?
... so very many possibilities here. Search history, google history, chrome history, activity on Facebook, Instagram, unknown groups she may have participated in online, Reddit profiles, dm’s, follows, connected apps, etc.
... I feel like if that isn’t being done by authorities that the family could easily miss clues by not knowing how or what to search for. Logins could auto populate when logged into a shared google account or chrome and accessing her Facebook could show her activity and so much more. Even locations.

3. Router history- how many of you know that this is even possible? Has it been looked at to see if she has an unknown device that’s connected to WiFi at home? Sites visited here?

4. Banking.
... Has it been analyzed to see if she was siphoning money?

5. Apple ID- is it shared? Do both have access? Search history can be seen, last calls, etc. Did her device auto back up each night? If so, could it have backed up in the hotel and then be accessed from her Apple ID or iTunes account?

6. Phone bill- many don’t show usage but all you have to do is ask for it in chat and they give it. I have sprint, and have done that twice now.

7. Have all her email addresses, and user names been tried to find hidden accounts?

———

My rambling thoughts of the day. Hoping she’s found safe and sound..

These are all important to an investigation and one would hope that detectives can obtain access to these sources. I would also insist on knowing what she has been reading and watching on film or video for the past few months.

These are all important to an investigation and one would hope that detectives can obtain access to these sources. I would also insist on knowing what she has been reading and watching on film or video for the past few months.
But see I don’t really know that these are investigated if it is not a criminal case. I’m really curious about that part.

Family also has sent flyers to more than 100 hospitals accompanied with power of attorney documents to try to find out if Carter is, or had been, hospitalized any time since her disappearance.

Is having a POA a normal thing for someone so young and no serious health issues? It's not in my family so I was curious.

Family also has sent flyers to more than 100 hospitals accompanied with power of attorney documents to try to find out if Carter is, or had been, hospitalized any time since her disappearance.

Is having a POA a normal thing for someone so young and no serious health issues? It's not in my family so I was curious.
It is fairly standard in an estate plan - however, I do find it curious they sent the POA rather than a health care POA/Surrogate document. I'm not sure a POA would give them access to medical records because of HIPAA? Our lawyers routinely prepare Heath Care Surrogate Designation that includes release of medical records. Would be interesting to see what they are sending IMO

It is fairly standard in an estate plan - however, I do find it curious they sent the POA rather than a health care POA/Surrogate document. I'm not sure a POA would give them access to medical records because of HIPAA? Our lawyers routinely prepare Heath Care Surrogate Designation that includes release of medical records. Would be interesting to see what they are sending IMO

We discussed this about halfway through the thread but glad it’s being brought up again - there were many concerns. At the time it was brought up initially the family stated her husband had a durable county of attorney. Which set off red flags from many commenters. All I know is from what I’ve read online and in Kansas, it does appear as if DPOA gives healthcare decision authority to someone else.

Last edited:
CRITTENDEN COUNTY, Ark. — The Crittenden County Sheriff Department says it has located a vehicle matching the description of a missing Kansas woman, and a woman’s remains were found inside.

A credit card with Marilane Carter’s name was found in the car, they said.

Carter was last seen more than two weeks ago as she was driving through the Mid-South on the way to Birmingham. Family and law enforcement have been searching the area for days.

The sheriff’s office says positive identification of the body is still pending.

No foul play is suspected, the sheriff’s office said.

This is a developing story.

IMG_4258.jpg

Law enforcement searches a field in Crittenden County on Tuesday

Crittenden County authorities find body, vehicle matching missing Kansas woman

Yes, that's why it's so weird that St. Michael's church released the statement insinuating they knew nothing about MC, and so strange that not even ONE person has spoken up and shed some light on this alleged conversion. How is EVERYONE keeping mum on this when it seems nearly impossible to keep it a secret? Since when do churches have HIPAA-like laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME