Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone who has been around the block with cases, can you educate me?

Overland Park is lead and they have support from all these other agencies including the fbi. My understanding is that the Overland Park Police will just ask assistance from them with things they can’t do.

So, realistically, what is being done?
- waiting on the possible search warrant from Arkansas and then FBI will analyze?
- from this article below, I wonder if that has been completed?
Marilane Carter: Police release details of missing pastor’s wife
Forensic cellular experts are working with the Overland Park Police Department to determine more about her last calls to family and her last location.

Then my questions—
and these are not being asked to aide in finding anyone other than Marilane responsible for being missing although they regularly would be done when a crime is suspected. My thoughts with these questions are that the info found could identify a place she could be. Do her searches reveal an illness she thought she had? Did she search for ways to disappear, heal your mind, escape for awhile? I just can’t imagine the following things being gone because it’s “not a crime”, yet they’d possibly be helpful in locating her.

1. Does anyone analyze their cell phone bill or credit card charges in past months in the meantime?
... did she plan this and begin purchasing things she would need?
...unusual purchases?

2. Are there any searches of computer equipment at the home?
... so very many possibilities here. Search history, google history, chrome history, activity on Facebook, Instagram, unknown groups she may have participated in online, Reddit profiles, dm’s, follows, connected apps, etc.
... I feel like if that isn’t being done by authorities that the family could easily miss clues by not knowing how or what to search for. Logins could auto populate when logged into a shared google account or chrome and accessing her Facebook could show her activity and so much more. Even locations.

3. Router history- how many of you know that this is even possible? Has it been looked at to see if she has an unknown device that’s connected to WiFi at home? Sites visited here?

4. Banking.
... Has it been analyzed to see if she was siphoning money?

5. Apple ID- is it shared? Do both have access? Search history can be seen, last calls, etc. Did her device auto back up each night? If so, could it have backed up in the hotel and then be accessed from her Apple ID or iTunes account?

6. Phone bill- many don’t show usage but all you have to do is ask for it in chat and they give it. I have sprint, and have done that twice now.

7. Have all her email addresses, and user names been tried to find hidden accounts?

———

My rambling thoughts of the day. Hoping she’s found safe and sound..

Those are some really great rambling thoughts, and extra bonus for the router data. Most people never think of that. I never did until the Liknes/O'Brien case in Alberta a few years back.

Missing Kansas woman’s vehicle found in Crittenden County with body inside

This article says the SUV was driven into a storage container...

"Crittenden County Chief Todd Grooms said Carter’s vehicle appears to have driven into an empty storage container on private property.

Allen said the property is usually gated. It remains unclear how the driver made it onto the property and into the container."

Luke Jones
@LukeJonesTV

Investigators made the discovery in a field off I-55 near the Mississippi River. Also in the SUV was a credit card with Marilane Carter’s name on it.
@3onyourside
Efu8NRXXoAUOSf6

https://twitter.com/LukeJonesTV/status/1295836259823366145
An an abandoned shipping container on a dirt road in a field? what on earth? The whole vehicle was inside?

By WMCActionNews5.com Staff | August 18, 2020 at 4:49 PM CDT - Updated August 18 at 5:05 PM
CRITTENDEN COUNTY, Ark. (WMC) - The Crittenden County Sheriff’s Office says they have located the vehicle of a missing Kansas woman with the body of a female inside.

Sheriff Mike Allen says a family member searching the area for Marilane Carter discovered the vehicle around 11 a.m. Tuesday. The vehicle was hidden from view and inside was a female body.

Allen confirms it was Carter’s vehicle but could not confirm the identity of the body.

The medical examiner will determine the body’s identity, cause and manner of death, though Allen said it does not appear suspicious.

Crittenden County Chief Todd Grooms said Carter’s vehicle appears to have driven into an empty storage container on private property. Carter’s purse and credit cards were found inside the vehicle.

Allen said the property is usually gated. It remains unclear how the driver made it onto the property and into the container.

By WMCActionNews5.com Staff | August 18, 2020 at 4:49 PM CDT - Updated August 18 at 5:05 PM
CRITTENDEN COUNTY, Ark. (WMC) - The Crittenden County Sheriff’s Office says they have located the vehicle of a missing Kansas woman with the body of a female inside.

Sheriff Mike Allen says a family member searching the area for Marilane Carter discovered the vehicle around 11 a.m. Tuesday. The vehicle was hidden from view and inside was a female body.

Allen confirms it was Carter’s vehicle but could not confirm the identity of the body.

The medical examiner will determine the body’s identity, cause and manner of death, though Allen said it does not appear suspicious.

Crittenden County Chief Todd Grooms said Carter’s vehicle appears to have driven into an empty storage container on private property. Carter’s purse and credit cards were found inside the vehicle.

Allen said the property is usually gated. It remains unclear how the driver made it onto the property and into the container.

This is so unimaginable!

It is fairly standard in an estate plan - however, I do find it curious they sent the POA rather than a health care POA/Surrogate document. I'm not sure a POA would give them access to medical records because of HIPAA? Our lawyers routinely prepare Heath Care Surrogate Designation that includes release of medical records. Would be interesting to see what they are sending IMO

I have seen both specific healthcare POA forms (which designates someone who can make medical decisions on your behalf but can't, for example, access your bank accounts or engage in transactions on your behalf) and all-purpose POA forms, which designate a person to handle all aspects of your life should you become incapacitated. IMO, it's a great idea for everyone to have one of these, regardless of their age.

This is absolutely devastating. My heart breaks for her family. :(

Oh my goodness, I'm so very sorry to hear this news. It seems extremely unlikely, IMO, that she decided to drive her car into a storage facility and subsequently to end her life--but stranger things have happened. My thoughts are with her loved ones, and I hope MC herself is now at peace.

Edited to add: I now wonder if perhaps she checked into that motel with the intention of ending her life, but had a change of heart (maybe she considered the trauma of the people who'd find her body) which could explain why she fled so suddenly. It would also stand to reason, then, that she might have sought a more isolated place to end her life--a storage container would certainly fit that bill... (the preceding is purely speculation).

Ok so I just watched the local news coverage and they specifically stated “no foul play expected”. She must have had a break. Perhaps she was looking for a place to “hide”. Time will tell how she died. Absolutely tragic. This area appears to be the area down by the big river crossing right off the interstate. On a dirt road as she reported to her mom. Goodness.

For anyone not local, Memphis WREG channel 3 was the station on the scene. They reported directly in front of the actual shipping container. More to come on the 10pm news. Absolutely tragic. My heart sinks thinking she was down there for 2+ weeks. I’m glad her family stayed in town to continue to look for her. It was her uncle who located her vehicle and he called Crittenden county AR authorities.

Find Marilane

With a heavy heart we share this update with everyone.

Today Marilane's vehicle was found in West Memphis, AR, in Crittenden County. A female was found deceased in the vehicle. Law enforcement says that foul play is not suspected.

The family asks for your thoughts and prayers right now and in the upcoming days. ❤️

This is just perplexing all the way around.

I’m wondering if the door was shut? I’m familiar with shipping containers. I import. You can’t shut them closed from the inside.

edited to add— I see the door was open.
Crittenden County authorities find body, vehicle matching missing Kansas woman
Tuesday morning he was driving and walking around the area where Carter’s phone was last pinged. He stumbled upon three big containers in a field, and the door on one of the containers was opened, authities said.

He looked inside and found a vehicle matching the description of Carter’s vehicle, they said. He also found a body inside the car.

He then called the Crittenden County Sheriff’s Department.

Last edited:
Ok so I just watched the local news coverage and they specifically stated “no foul play expected”. She must have had a break. Perhaps she was looking for a place to “hide”. Time will tell how she died. Absolutely tragic. This area appears to be the area down by the big river crossing right off the interstate. On a dirt road as she reported to her mom. Goodness.

For anyone not local, Memphis WREG channel 3 was the station on the scene. They reported directly in front of the actual shipping container. More to come on the 10pm news. Absolutely tragic. My heart sinks thinking she was down there for 2+ weeks. I’m glad her family stayed in town to continue to look for her. It was her uncle who located her vehicle and he called Crittenden county AR authorities.

What type of shipping container? I'm confused and why would one be sitting in a field.

This is just perplexing all the way around.

I’m wondering if the door was shut? I’m familiar with shipping containers. I import. You can’t shut them closed from the inside.
The local news said her uncle stayed back from the larger search party (who returned back to Kansas). He wanted to do one last sweep of the area where her phone was last heard from. He approached this specific shipping container and noticed it wasn’t closed. He was able to open it further and call the authorities. They say her vehicle, purse, credit cards and a body matching her description sadly were found.

Rest In Peace Marilane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member