Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bizarre end to an even stranger case, it's so sad. I have so many questions.

It would seem she stumbled across the shipping container by random chance. If there is no foul play involved which the above articles state they do not believe there is, I just wonder how that all played out. I really do believe MC was struggling with some mental health issues. It's entirely possible this was an accident like in the case of Erin Valenti (which is another bizarre case not too long ago.) There could have been some medical problems unknown as well, which contributed. It's all unfortunate, I was hoping she was hiding out somewhere resting.

What is with all the strange cases lately?!

This is just perplexing all the way around.

I’m wondering if the door was shut? I’m familiar with shipping containers. I import. You can’t shut them closed from the inside.

I'm assuming the container was flat on the ground, without a ramp.
If a family member was able to find the vehicle, my assumption would be that the door was not closed and the vehicle with it's license plate would be visible from the open door.

But it is possible the family member opened the shipping container door if it was closed, as they were clearly out looking in fields in the general area.

I'm assuming the container was flat on the ground, without a ramp.
If a family member was able to find the vehicle, my assumption would be that the door was not closed and the vehicle with it's license plate would be visible from the open door.

But it is possible the family member opened the shipping container door if it was closed, as they were clearly out looking in fields in the general area.

yes - pic posted upthread from reporter's twitter feed

The local news said her uncle stayed back from the larger search party (who returned back to Kansas). He wanted to do one last sweep of the area where her phone was last heard from. He approached this specific shipping container and noticed it wasn’t closed. He was able to open it further and call the authorities. They say her vehicle, purse, credit cards and a body matching her description sadly were found.

Rest In Peace Marilane.

if it was closed somewhat then someone else had to have done it right? Very strange to be open enough for her to drive in but not open enough for people to see in.

where did you see the uncle found the vehicle? Do you have a link?

MOO If she was sleepy and also seeking mental health care I can imagine she was confused. It looked like the road was gravel/dirt next to a field of tall green plants. The container was shown on its side. It’s not a facility she drove into, but a large storage/garbage type bin that was open and on its side on someone’s property. Not like a suburban neighborhood but a large area with crops surrounding. There are many fields along the roads in AR.

MOO it was an accident. News up thread reporting not criminal.

if it was closed somewhat then someone else had to have done it right? Very strange to be open enough for her to drive in but not open enough for people to see in.

where did you see the uncle found the vehicle? Do you have a link?
I live in the Memphis area and was watching the local coverage at 5pm. WREG channel 3. All good questions. Hopefully time will tell.

MOO If she was sleepy and also seeking mental health care I can imagine she was confused. It looked like the road was gravel/dirt next to a field of tall green plants. The container was shown on its side. It’s not a facility she drove into, but a large storage/garbage type bin that was open and on its side on someone’s property. Not like a suburban neighborhood but a large area with crops surrounding. There are many fields along the roads in AR.

MOO it was an accident. News up thread reporting not criminal.

I don’t know how driving into a storage container could be an accident. It was barely big enough for her car. Maybe she was looking for a place to commit suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13