Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was still in that car there would have been a tarp over it. There is no way they would have hauled that car away with her body exposed inside, through city streets or down the highway. Plus the loss of any evidence that could have fallen out. MOO MOO MOO

That would make so much more sense. I was half asleep earlier when I was reading and replying. I just couldn’t see how LE would just load up the car with her still inside and send it off down the highway without some sort of covering.

It’s hard for me to believe that local LE weren’t aware of these shipping containers and didn’t search them right away, considering that was in the area her last phone pings were. I am an LE supporter and don’t like to criticize them, but IMO they missed the mark badly here.

Lack of sleep alone can absolutely cause a fugue state and a post-mortem distinction between accidental death and suicide for a person in a fugue state can be pretty meaningless, in my opinion.

I'm having trouble finding the post detailing the final phone call but as I see it now I think that she went into the shipping container looking for a cool, dark place to sleep and she succumbed to carbon monoxide, sleep medication, simple suffocation or some combination thereof.

If you have a loved one you know to be in a state of extreme confusion, go to them or make sure that someone trustworthy is with them.

Woah, just checking into this thread today and totally was not expecting this outcome! Such a strange way for this to end, I am not really intrigued to hear the manor of death, The fact that they don't believe it to be suspicious makes me think they possibly found the car with a hose pipe attached from the exhaust to the window or something.

Youcant close them from inside.
Could one not close one door completely then grab the other door and pull it partially closed from inside the container. I personally believe she searched and found the container, called her husband and mother then began the process of taking her life. This is so incredibly sad. MOO

Please point me in the direction to some good articles or information.

O/T
I have an employee that I believe is suffering from some mental health issues. I never know what kind of mood she will come to work in or what mood she will be in after her lunch break. She has a hard time focusing on long task. She is emotional quite often. I have gently, brought up the idea she should talk to her Doctor about being so emotional. Needless to say, that did not go well. She does’t want to take meds. or does’t need them. Okay!

I would appreciate any information to help educate myself.

Maybe WS has a thread on this topic?

Thank you in advance!

So wonderful you are noticing the need and care and are searching. Here is an article that in many ways spoke to me about what MC could have been dealing with (only MO).

Intervention for Manic Episodes | Dual Diagnosis

From there you may be able to search the site you think may best help. What I really appreciated in the article was the list or steps of how to intervene. Someone can tell you they have a mental health problem but then you’re left wondering what to do, so this is the kind of info that I think helps.

IMO Our American Health Care system treats only from the neck down basically. Ignores the issues dental problems can cause to your heart, Etc... and the lack of good mental health care knowledge. So wish MC had often to her help sooner.

@kalvis, best wishes as you try to understand your employee and she will get the help she needs.

Question about phone pings!
What’s the average radius one may be in reference to where the phone pinged?

From the PC link in post 949, it was said that the phone would be in a 2500 meter radius from the cell tower she last pinged.
What time was it when she purchased the gas at the Shell station in West Memphis?
I know her phone last pinged down the interstate close to the weight scales at 8:02pm.

In the same link it was said that she purchased gas at the Shell station 2 or 3 hours (depending on time stamp) before her last phone call.

Please point me in the direction to some good articles or information.

O/T
I have an employee that I believe is suffering from some mental health issues. I never know what kind of mood she will come to work in or what mood she will be in after her lunch break. She has a hard time focusing on long task. She is emotional quite often. I have gently, brought up the idea she should talk to her Doctor about being so emotional. Needless to say, that did not go well. She does’t want to take meds. or does’t need them. Okay!

I would appreciate any information to help educate myself.

Maybe WS has a thread on this topic?

Thank you in advance!

You can text HOME t0 741741 if you are in the US or Canada (85258 in the UK; 50808 in Ireland) - this is the Crisis Text Line and they will respond and help you figure out what to do. More information is online Crisis Text Line | Text HOME To 741741 free, 24/7 Crisis Counseling

They're also there for anyone dealing with anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, COVID-19 stress, or any other mental health issues.

Thank you for caring about your employee.

Body believed to be missing Kansas pastor's wife found in her car inside a shipping container | Daily Mail Online

32131846-8643231-image-a-2_1597843764368.jpg

32131836-8643231-image-a-10_1597843865132.jpg
I don’t really see those as being “hidden behind tall grass”. I know LE said they saw them and missed it but the hidden part had me wondering how she saw them.

What? From your link
Crittenden County Chief Todd Grooms said Carter’s vehicle appears to have driven into an empty storage container on private property. Carter’s purse and credit cards were found inside the vehicle.

Allen said the property is usually gated. It remains unclear how the driver made it onto the property and into the container.
—-
So they think she opened a gate drive the vehicle to a container - opened the container drove her car inside got out and closed the door ? Then how did she actually die ? I hope this is a full investigation
JMO
I hope there will be a full investigation too! So much doesn’t add up.
They keep mentioning that they found her credit cards and purse with her, but no mention of her cell phone. Wondering if her phone was with her as well...and if not.....then this is very suspicious.

I hope there will be a full investigation too! So much doesn’t add up.
They keep mentioning that they found her credit cards and purse with her, but no mention of her cell phone. Wondering if her phone was with her as well...and if not.....then this is very suspicious.
Agreed.

Such a sad outcome. :(
The family needs answers !

I don’t really see those as being “hidden behind tall grass”. I know LE said they saw them and missed it but the hidden part had me wondering how she saw them.

The DM photos show what looks to me like trampled grass in the foreground and at the sides of the container. It might not be like a dense hedge, otherwise you would think the tire tracks into the storage container would be really obvious.

If it was just patchy tall grass ( looks to be about 2 -2.5 ft tall) then tire tracks might not be so obvious. The other, brown container looks like there is a lot of grass around it.

Lack of sleep alone can absolutely cause a fugue state and a post-mortem distinction between accidental death and suicide for a person in a fugue state can be pretty meaningless, in my opinion.

I'm having trouble finding the post detailing the final phone call but as I see it now I think that she went into the shipping container looking for a cool, dark place to sleep and she succumbed to carbon monoxide, sleep medication, simple suffocation or some combination thereof.

If you have a loved one you know to be in a state of extreme confusion, go to them or make sure that someone trustworthy is with them.

on the Marilane Facebook site that is mentioned in a few above posts , there was a text yesterday from a person in the area that knew she was found And that was earlier in the day And they were sharing that , around noon iirc , the cause of death mentioned by the person in Memphis was not as you describe however, that cause Of death is not in msm thus, is not going to be mentioned and it was removed apparently from that space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha