Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify,as you see below, the door to the one her car was in was OPEN. So sad. She was so close all that time. The dirt road like she told her mom, right by where she got gas. Devastated for the family. It sounds like they didn't realize the extent of her mental health issues. She may have had a break and things deteriorated very quickly. So sad.

This is just perplexing all the way around.

I’m wondering if the door was shut? I’m familiar with shipping containers. I import. You can’t shut them closed from the inside.

edited to add— I see the door was open.
Crittenden County authorities find body, vehicle matching missing Kansas woman
Tuesday morning he was driving and walking around the area where Carter’s phone was last pinged. He stumbled upon three big containers in a field, and the door on one of the containers was opened, authities said.

He looked inside and found a vehicle matching the description of Carter’s vehicle, they said. He also found a body inside the car.

He then called the Crittenden County Sheriff’s Department.

Law enforcement confirm they had searched this field previously and had even seen the shipping containers, but it never occurred to them Carter’s vehicle would be inside.
@3onyourside

https://twitter.com/LukeJonesTV/status/1295859715231158277
I am not surprised since they never suspected anything criminal. I bet they were mainly looking for a vehicle. Sad they didn’t look though. If they had been looking for a body surely they would’ve looked there.

I feel so sorry for this lady - no matter how she died or what led up to it, she must've been in severe anguish. It's also a reminder to keep an open mind when people go missing. Still though, many questions. I trust there will be a coroners inquiry into her death.

"Later on Sunday, Carter fueled up at a Shell Station in West Memphis....."
This leads me to believe Marilane was not intending self harm (though one never knows I guess). I think it's possible that she may have gone into a sort of fugue state, or break with reality, given her mental health issues.
It's also possible, perhaps, that she there was something organically wrong physically..as in a slow growing brain tumor that at this point took over her ability to reason....imo. The severe insomnia may have been a preliminary symptom. I dunno.
My heart is with her loved ones, it's devastating.

This leads me to believe Marilane was not intending self harm (though one never knows I guess). I think it's possible that she may have gone into a sort of fugue state, or break with reality, given her mental health issues.
It's also possible, perhaps, that she there was something organically wrong physically..as in a slow growing brain tumor that at this point took over her ability to reason....imo. The severe insomnia may have been a preliminary symptom. I dunno.
All possible. The gas also could be to insure her car ran long enough. When I was talking about search history earlier, would be interesting to see if this method was discovered before or spur of moment, or a break from total reality. So so sad.

Law enforcement confirm they had searched this field previously and had even seen the shipping containers, but it never occurred to them Carter’s vehicle would be inside.
@3onyourside

https://twitter.com/LukeJonesTV/status/1295859715231158277

Makes you wonder how long she had been there. I'm sure the decomp would have been detected, right? Sorry to have to even type that.

I am not surprised since they never suspected anything criminal. I bet they were mainly looking for a vehicle. Sad they didn’t look though. If they had been looking for a body surely they would’ve looked there.

It's really a miracle she was found at all, her uncle is a hero in my book for going with his inner voice to look one last time.

I hope the autopsy will reveal if there was something physical going on but it may be impossible to determine actual COD.

I'm so sad. I can't imagine how devastated her family is, espcially her husband and mother knowing they talked to her and the condition she was in when they did.

Im sorry but:
In the era of Todd Kolhepps, nobody including LE thought to check shipping containers?
Thank God for her Uncle..
Questions that LE should answer for themselves:
Where did the container come from?
Is there recent sale of, or any missimg containers?
Who delivered the container?
Were ALL of the shipping containers on that property checked AFTER finding her?

Was this the ONLY container with partially open doors? Is yes, Why? What made it special?

Did LE check nearby ring cameras or other surveillance in the area just to be sure she pulled into tht container alone and of her free will?

Can they seize the other shipping containers until medical examiner offers a conclusive cause & manner of death?

Can they question ppl who may be connected to the property?

Last edited:
How could someone possibly locate & drive into a shipping container not much wider than her vehicle? Then the extremely heavy doors are partly closed? Yet LE does not suspect foul play? I suspect their conclusion.
It does seem difficult perhaps impossible that she was able to (while confused, disoriented as per family) drive into such a tight spot. Then somehow figure out a way that doesn’t appear possible to close the doors behind you to the degree they seem closed until her uncle decides to check further. I truly wish the simplest of answers for marilane and her family yet I’m confused. I hope there isn’t a rush to judgement.

Someone gave her $10-$20 to buy that gasoline.

She had credit cards. We don't know if she had cash, but the today's report says her purse and ID were in the vehicle when found, so she could have paid for the gas herself.

It sounds like something was wrong with her when she was at that gas station.

Do we know how far the gas station was from the shipping container?

How could someone possibly locate & drive into a shipping container not much wider than her vehicle? Then the extremely heavy doors are partly closed? Yet LE does not suspect foul play? I suspect their conclusion.

It would have difficult for someone else to have driven the car with her in it into the shipping container, moved her to the front seat (assuming that's where she was found) and then exited the vehicle.

It looks like a normal adult would have a lot of trouble getting out through one of the doors or even one of the windows, and would have to have left the vehicle by the rear door.

Not impossible, but more effort than your usual criminal.

Someone gave her $10-$20 to buy that gasoline.

She had credit cards. We don't know if she had cash, but the today's report says her purse and ID were in the vehicle when found, so she could have paid for the gas herself.

It sounds like something was wrong with her when she was at that gas station.

Do we know how far the gas station was from the shipping container?
Within a few miles.

These have been the longest weeks of our lives as we tried to cling to the hope that Marilane was still alive.

Thank you to all who have offered words of encouragement, prayers, tips, help, and support during this very difficult time. We experienced firsthand the extreme love of family, friends, and strangers ... from a young woman who posted Marilane’s picture in truck stops all the way in Florida, to those who participated in prayer vigils, to those who volunteered to help us do sonar searches, to those who showed up at our door with meals.

Marilane was dearly loved by family and friends. The all-out effort to find her is a testimony to that.

The objective of this page was to mobilize an army of people to help us find Marilane. This was accomplished. We are extremely grieved by the outcome.

If you would like to hear more about her story, please visit her website www.FindMarilane.com, which will have more information posted tomorrow. ❤️
Find Marilane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member