KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding water, some of our family boated down the Delaware river and came up w/ nothing. KHP told us that the helicopter was our best chance at searching ponds, etc., they flew on an overcast day and said they were able to see into a lot of the water because of that.

I am certain that someone recognizes that money clip and probably the hat too. they just are not talking. I am glad that a reward has been offered, I just mentioned yesterday that I was shocked that one had not been offered yet.

The pick up truck had dual back wheels -- can't the law enforcement get the records from the counties surrounding and see who has these trucks registered? You know it is all there - they know what we all own -- you know so they can tax us every year on it!

Also, I heard of a person who had approached her in a parking lot recently. He drives a truck like this but he lives a ways away. I heard that they don't believe he is involved after visiting with him. Have they looked a it further. I find it very interesting that he was upset with her - actually approached her in a public place and drives a truck like the one in question -- and obviously knows where she lives. I would look closer at him.

Anyone that they suspect could be involved -- have they looked at their bank records? Has anyone withdrawn any sizeable amounts of money (pay out for a "hit" so to speak)
Has anyone deposited any extra money (after being paid off?)

These are all probably things that you have all already asked but I just thought I would put my 2 cents in. I personally don't know the family - but I feel like I do - through my brother who is there every weekend.

Kimmi family - You ALL are in our prayers every day - all day long! I cannot imagine what you are going through. I know that the only one who has an answer is the Lord and he will walk with you through this time.

Some of our decisions are based on evidence and what LE directs us to do, which is why a reward was not offered sooner. Bank records, computer, and phone are all being searched - we haven't been told any results yet.

As for someone approaching Mom in a parking lot, I'm not for sure what that is about - there was an individual who waited for her in a parking lot to just say "Hi" and we let LE know and that individual was someone who had worked on her house, was checked and cleared. If there is someone else who actually asked her out or whatever, please let me know more about it because I was not aware of it. Mom told us almost every detail of her life so I would be surprised if something like that happened and she didn't tell me.

Vehicle records - I don't know about that. I will check.

Eyestowardheaven,
Please know that near and far, we are all praying for your families and your mom. I know your mom from two web groups, and she is a lovely lady. You have her strength to get through this. I am glad that you and your brothers are joined together on this - and those of us in the web community are here to help you. She is always in our prayers and our thoughts.
Dee

Someone posted that my brothers still work at the sawmill which I'm sure was an honest mistake - they do not. They left when the cheating started.

Everything in Little_Pony's post is correct except that none of us boys work at the sawmill anymore. Also, 11-8 was the anniversary of her granddaughter's unexpected death.

Yes sorry sometimes keeping things straight in my mind over the years gets a little cloudy so I appologize for the mistake in date and I knew the mill was family owned and opperated but when Pat speaks of her family it is more in praise and pride of her children and grandchildren. You guys hang the stars in her sky.

Some of our decisions are based on evidence and what LE directs us to do, which is why a reward was not offered sooner. Bank records, computer, and phone are all being searched - we haven't been told any results yet.

I can remark on one instance of thoroughness; when my group was first alerted we had a member call to confirm. That incoming call was followed up by LE and the person professionally drilled on relationships and purpose. We're glad to see the level of detail in following leads shown by instances like this.

How I would love to tell everyone here how low the both of them are and what happened on the Mother's day weekend that us kids gave Mom a trip to see her friends...

And how we cherished having her "along for the ride" as she loved to quip. Your mom is as special and beloved soul as you describe, Rita. For those who have known her, she has truly been a joy to have for a friend. Her missing presence has left wholehearted grief in our small group. We are at a loss how this could have possibly ever have happened to Pat.

Actually no...no sense at all to me, because I, being a normal human being, love my children more than life itself, and my mother just as much. I would do ANYTHING for my kids. Our Mom has been brutally abducted from her home, beaten, and who knows what else. DO YOU HAVE ANY FREAKING CLUE what we are going thru right now??????????????????????????????????? Mom raised us to tell the truth, believe in the truth, and to speak the truth. That's the way we raise our kids. If you are innocent and you tell the truth, you have nothing to fear. All he has to do is take the polygraph and quit wasting precious time by LE looking into him. But no, not one word from him to his kids or grandkids saying he's sorry this has happened.

So to any of you who live around here or know our family, do us a favor and don't post false or misleading information. His girlfriend is just a "friend", bowmancabin? Some people just don't have a clue. You KNOW better than that. How stupid do you think we are? He threw away everything, his family, a good business, his reputation, for a girlfriend and neither of them have any morals. How I would love to tell everyone here how low the both of them are and what happened on the Mother's day weekend that us kids gave Mom a trip to see her friends...but I won't and from here on out, I'm not discussing the past, it is obviously pointless even after all this time. THIS IS ABOUT OUR MOM - SHE IS MISSING - WE HAVE TO FIND HER. If our "father" is unwilling to clear his name, then I say he brings upon himself the investigation and speculation that come along with it. This is obviously a personal crime, not random - we have looked into the very few other possiblities of people that worked on her house, etc. - they were all cleared. Where else do you SUGGEST we look???? WE ARE DESPERATE, can you tell? She is everything to us. From the earliest times I can remember, I would pray for God to keep her safe, because we would not have made it without her - she was our Mom AND our Dad. Someone deliberately planned this and carried it out. How SICK is that?? Who would do this to another human being?? Our lives are upside down right now, along with our precious kids, and people are worried about HIM...I guess that shouldn't come as such a surprise.

Thank you so much for clarifying things, as others with false or incorrect information have been just meddling into this case here. I will go by what you say only from now on. I also agree with you about people who are telling the truth having nothing to fear.

Ex-husband does have a 'friend' and she is probably about age 50 more or less.
This 'friend' has children & grandchildren & is divorced.
LE interviewed the 'friend' & some of her family.

I'm no longer going to believe any information unless it is straight from eyestowardheaven or LE.

Of course, LE looked at her ex first and I was told that they wanted him to come in for a polygraph. He made an appointment to do that. (so I was told) As the days went by, and it was more obvious that this was not going to be a simple search and rescue ... and knowing that the ex was an obvious suspect - his friends convinced him to get a lawyer. I also know very little about lawyers - but it makes sense about the polygraph. While it is not admissable in court - and many would think - "just go ahead and DO it to clear yourself."

They aren't alwyas accurate. What would happen if it said you were lying and you weren't? What would happen if it said you were truthful when in fact you just got lucky and beat it?

With the thought in mind that someday a trial could occur -- the news of polygraph results could taint any potential jurors.

Does that make any sense at all?

No it makes no sense. If one truly has nothing to hide, then they shouldn't fail a polygraph or VSA.
If the mother of my children went missing (ex wife or not) i would do everything in my power to help find out what happened, especially for the sake of the children and grandchildren.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COPY AND PASTE INTO ANY THREAD, E-MAIL OR FORUM

While most of us are probabaly already thinking about our Thanksgiving Day menu, and a few of you have even shared that you have a bountiful "Black Friday" shopping spree planned complete with hot chocolate and the family in tow, in the small town of Horton, Kansas, a lone modular log cabin stands bare against the night sky. It's once cheerful windows are dark, and the sounds of joyful laughter and the smells of supper on the stove are not wafting on the wind. Instead, it stands desolate against the cold night air, awaiting it's robust and cheerful owner to come home and re-claim what is rightfully hers.
On the evening of November 6th, my friend Pat was forcefully abducted from her home, and taken away from all who loved her and held her dear. She had a busy day planned the next morning-shopping with friends, a chili supper, and several phone calls theroughout the day from her large and extended family. The day never dawned for Pat...not the way she planned it, at any rate.
Her sons and daughters lie awake at night, trying very hard to make ANY sense of this terrible turn of events. They have lives to lead, jobs to show up to, children to bathe and dress and feed, and yet, every move is made with one ear always listening for the telephone to ring...and when it does, the combination of dread and hope saps whatever little energy they may have sustained from a half hour of uneasy slumber, or a few hasty bites of food that now tastes like cardboard, no matter how thoughtfully prepared, or lovingly bestowed.
There are no real leads.....there is hope that flares briefly, then is doused like a bad wooden match. The days march on endlessly, and the end is nowhere in sight. The realization that the Holidays are fast approaching is like a knife in the heart to this loving family. The 12 Grandchildren have not been told too many details as to where "Grandma Nin" is, and the hours are slipping away relentlessly, as Thanksgiving approaches, and Christmas looms in the not too distant future. So many happy years...so many wonderful cherished family memories.....could this REALLY be the beginning of the end of hope and reality as this family know it?
The Kimmi family has something very rare and shining about them. They have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Not the kind of faith you hear about where they go to church on Sundays and do as they please Monday through Friday, but a deep, deep love and trust that encompasses the whole clan, and they have what Christians call "The Peace that passes all understanding". God bless them..... it is the only thing holding them up right now. They still believe God is in control, and although they do not even pretend to begin to understand why this has happened, they just know that it has, and they continue to go out and search high and low with the hundreds of friends and volunteers that have come to help, and they continue to spread the message that "God is love", because that is what Pat would have wanted them to do. When the night sky begins to turn purple with clouds, and the lght begins to fail, the search is over for the day, and the friends and volunteers go home to their families and their warm cheerful kitchens, and the Kimmis stand silently and pray for the strength to do this over again tomorrow. And the next day. And the next....until they have an answer to the only question they want answered right now:
WHERE.....IS......SHE???????

My friends, would youi PLEASE do something for the Kimmi family right now? Would you give them the precious gift of a 30 second prayer? Would you ask the Lord to bless them with patience, peace, and a sense of direction? Would you ask the Lord to help the volunteers and the authorities find Pat and bring her home to her family? One way or the other...they need to KNOW. Please do not let Christmas come to Horton without Grandma Nin. Lord. I beseech you. In His name, who taught uis to pray...we ask for you to have mercy on the Kimmi family. Bring her home, either way, Lord.

Beth Phillips
November 17, 2009

No it makes no sense. If one truly has nothing to hide, then they shouldn't fail a polygraph or VSA.
If the mother of my children went missing (ex wife or not) i would do everything in my power to help find out what happened, especially for the sake of the children and grandchildren.

Thank you for that - many people around us have commented the same way. My brother is also posting on here as MindonMom - he and I and our other 2 brothers are united in opinion on the details that we know so far. We feel like she HAD to know the person who came to the door, but there is still that tiny lingering doubt about whether someone faked an injury or car accident and walked up to the door - maybe she would have opened the door to a woman who said she was hurt? I would bet my own life that she would not open the door to a strange man, regardless of circumstances, not at least without bringing her phone to the door.

But if she knows the person, WHO is it??? She leads a pretty simple life: work, grocery store, Walmart, church, home. Who would randomly target a 58yo woman just for kicks? Things I don't want to think about but I'll put out there: if it was a sex crime, why didn't they just stay at the house? Down the road, when she struggled, if they were a stranger, why not just let her go and get out of the area after someone sees your vehicle? We keep coming back to "they had to HAVE HER" for some reason. Sitting in her office last night, my husband drove down her driveway. The roadway and the turnoff into her driveway are all completely visible from her house, but not from her closed curtain as I had thought. The curtain is lined, HOWEVER, I could hear his truck coming almost all the way down the driveway and as he got the entrance of the circle drive, even if I had not heard the truck itself, you could plainly hear the tires on the gravel. So she was not surprised by someone driving up quietly w/ their lights off.

I cannot stress enough how cautious she was, in all areas of her life. She didn't even like to stay out after dark - she didn't want to come home to a dark house. I don't know what went wrong out there. Sorry if I've repeated the same thoughts/information. None of us are sleeping and are not thinking straight.

Thank you for that - many people around us have commented the same way. My brother is also posting on here as MindonMom - he and I and our other 2 brothers are united in opinion on the details that we know so far. We feel like she HAD to know the person who came to the door, but there is still that tiny lingering doubt about whether someone faked an injury or car accident and walked up to the door - maybe she would have opened the door to a woman who said she was hurt? I would bet my own life that she would not open the door to a strange man, regardless of circumstances, not at least without bringing her phone to the door.

But if she knows the person, WHO is it??? She leads a pretty simple life: work, grocery store, Walmart, church, home. Who would randomly target a 58yo woman just for kicks? Things I don't want to think about but I'll put out there: if it was a sex crime, why didn't they just stay at the house? Down the road, when she struggled, if they were a stranger, why not just let her go and get out of the area after someone sees your vehicle? We keep coming back to "they had to HAVE HER" for some reason. Sitting in her office last night, my husband drove down her driveway. The roadway and the turnoff into her driveway are all completely visible from her house, but not from her closed curtain as I had thought. The curtain is lined, HOWEVER, I could hear his truck coming almost all the way down the driveway and as he got the entrance of the circle drive, even if I had not heard the truck itself, you could plainly hear the tires on the gravel. So she was not surprised by someone driving up quietly w/ their lights off.

I cannot stress enough how cautious she was, in all areas of her life. She didn't even like to stay out after dark - she didn't want to come home to a dark house. I don't know what went wrong out there. Sorry if I've repeated the same thoughts/information. None of us are sleeping and are not thinking straight.

Just some questions that I have had, if you have time to answer, please. Does her dog bark when someone comes to the door? You said that you were the first to get to the house....and the dog was inside, right? Were there lights on inside, a t.v., radio, had she picked up her mail as she came home? I was just wondering, as the lights would help to narrow down what time it might have been when she was taken from the house. I doubt that anyone would let her turn them off, or even bother with shutting off a t.v. or radio. My thinking here is was she possibly getting ready to leave the house to go to dinner with friends and just walked out to find someone out there?

jmoo

Eyes,
I hate to even ask this question.. but would your Mom open the door to your Dad or was she afraid of him? Scuffle on the porch=she opened the door and went out. Also, how far away from the front door was the scuffle?

Actually no...no sense at all to me, because I, being a normal human being, love my children more than life itself, and my mother just as much. I would do ANYTHING for my kids. Our Mom has been brutally abducted from her home, beaten, and who knows what else. DO YOU HAVE ANY FREAKING CLUE what we are going thru right now??????????????????????????????????? Mom raised us to tell the truth, believe in the truth, and to speak the truth. That's the way we raise our kids. If you are innocent and you tell the truth, you have nothing to fear. All he has to do is take the polygraph and quit wasting precious time by LE looking into him. But no, not one word from him to his kids or grandkids saying he's sorry this has happened.

So to any of you who live around here or know our family, do us a favor and don't post false or misleading information. His girlfriend is just a "friend", bowmancabin? Some people just don't have a clue. You KNOW better than that. How stupid do you think we are? He threw away everything, his family, a good business, his reputation, for a girlfriend and neither of them have any morals. How I would love to tell everyone here how low the both of them are and what happened on the Mother's day weekend that us kids gave Mom a trip to see her friends...but I won't and from here on out, I'm not discussing the past, it is obviously pointless even after all this time. THIS IS ABOUT OUR MOM - SHE IS MISSING - WE HAVE TO FIND HER. If our "father" is unwilling to clear his name, then I say he brings upon himself the investigation and speculation that come along with it. This is obviously a personal crime, not random - we have looked into the very few other possiblities of people that worked on her house, etc. - they were all cleared. Where else do you SUGGEST we look???? WE ARE DESPERATE, can you tell? She is everything to us. From the earliest times I can remember, I would pray for God to keep her safe, because we would not have made it without her - she was our Mom AND our Dad. Someone deliberately planned this and carried it out. How SICK is that?? Who would do this to another human being?? Our lives are upside down right now, along with our precious kids, and people are worried about HIM...I guess that shouldn't come as such a surprise.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you. I used the term 'friend' because 'girlfriend' or 'boyfriend' seems odd to me for anyone who is over 50 years old.

My prayers are with you and your brothers. I know first hand how traumatic these events are on the family. The only advice I can give is keep an open dialog with the Detectives, and keep this in the media as much as you can.

In our case, I knew the reporters from 3 of the 4 television stations and for the first few weeks, I had interviews almost every day. I still keep in touch with several of them.

Actually no...no sense at all to me, because I, being a normal human being, love my children more than life itself, and my mother just as much. I would do ANYTHING for my kids. Our Mom has been brutally abducted from her home, beaten, and who knows what else. DO YOU HAVE ANY FREAKING CLUE what we are going thru right now???????????????????????????????????

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "does that make any sense at all?"

I said that only to explain possibly why lawyers dont want their clients taking polygraphs.

I have never met your father - so sorry that all of the crud happened between your parents in the past -- I am sure that it was tough on all ofyou.

and no, obviously i do not know what you are going thru now. I just wish I could go out the door and magically run into someone who knew what happened to your mother. This is one of the most horrible things I can think of happening to anyone and I am so sorry that it has happened to you.

Just wanted to update information about the flyer we are putting up. I got a call this morning from the sherriff's office that an anonymous person has added $40,000.00 to the reward money. We have no idea who this person is. All I can say is God Bless whoever it is.

I have updated this information on the flyer on my website.

Just wanted to update information about the flyer we are putting up. I got a call this morning from the sherriff's office that an anonymous person has added $40,000.00 to the reward money. We have no idea who this person is. All I can say is God Bless whoever it is.

I have updated this information on the flyer on my website.
that is great news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just some questions that I have had, if you have time to answer, please. Does her dog bark when someone comes to the door? You said that you were the first to get to the house....and the dog was inside, right? Were there lights on inside, a t.v., radio, had she picked up her mail as she came home? I was just wondering, as the lights would help to narrow down what time it might have been when she was taken from the house. I doubt that anyone would let her turn them off, or even bother with shutting off a t.v. or radio. My thinking here is was she possibly getting ready to leave the house to go to dinner with friends and just walked out to find someone out there?

jmoo

The dog did not bark at me at all but did to most men. The light over the kitchen sink was on, two lamps in the living room were on, and the light in the office was on. She had a late lunch w/ friends and was seen on video passing a gas station at 5:40pm - would have arrived home at 5:45pm which would have been pretty dark at that time. Her friend commented that she never liked to go home after dark so she was in a hurry that evening. She probably would have let the dog out for awhile because she had been gone most of the day, but the dog was inside the house.

She would NOT have opened the door to "dad" and would have called one of us if he had ever showed up at her house. I possibly can see her opening the door to a woman saying she's hurt and then a man driving up later in the truck but I still think she would have picked up her phone. Her office looks at though she was on the computer w/ a pop and her cell phone right by the keyboard. Nothing out of place.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "does that make any sense at all?"

I said that only to explain possibly why lawyers dont want their clients taking polygraphs.

I have never met your father - so sorry that all of the crud happened between your parents in the past -- I am sure that it was tough on all ofyou.

and no, obviously i do not know what you are going thru now. I just wish I could go out the door and magically run into someone who knew what happened to your mother. This is one of the most horrible things I can think of happening to anyone and I am so sorry that it has happened to you.

I will never make sense of the fact that he is somehow more worried about himself than he is about his kids and especially his grandkids, but I should know better by now than to be surprised at that. This is just so horrible to all of us, I thought maybe it would be different. He is a very, very lost man.

Thank you for your kind thoughts, the past has been in the past for a long time but this has brought it all back up again, partly due to how "dad" and his supporters act. When you hear garbage like "Pat was probably sick and that plays into her disappearance somehow" (yeah, because she beat HERSELF up?), or "have the police checked into the kids" and "it's a conspiracy to frame "dad" and someone is going to dump her body on his property" then you start thinking that some of these people aren't even human. Some people will say anything to defend him, and I mean anything. That is the LAST thing we need right now.

But then you are reminded of God's goodness when people like the anonymous donor come forward and people from other states are calling to ask when they can come and search and you know there is still hope in this world.

Rita,
great news! I just heard your mom's case on the radio (national public radio)!!! The increased reward is getting the media more interested... take this blessing and run with it! (thank God for that annonymous donor whomever you are!!!)

Rita,
Have you or your sibblings contacted any of those search groups yet? (TES, etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse