KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On January 21st it was the Hollister's farm in rural Nemaha County that authorities searched as part of the investigation into Kimmi's disappearance.

At the time, the Atchison Globe newspaper reported officers seized a Silverado truck and John Deer tractor as evidence in the case.

Kimmi disappeared from her home near Horton November 7, and officials immediately suspected foul play.

The “special inquisition” allows the prosecutor to interview potential witnesses behind closed doors. It's not known whether he spoke to the Hollisters. There's also no word yet on how severely they were injured in today's accident.

http://www.wibw.com/localnews/headlines/85567317.html

This is a totally different (and I'm sure wrong) idea. But....

What if the Hollisters were the 2 key witnesses in the case. They were maybe involved in the kidnapping/murder, but came forward to testify against the main guy in the crime to get a nice plea bargain/deal.

Whoever they were a witness against (we probably know who that is) rigged it so that the Hollisters would lose control of their car and die in a wreck. Then they wouldn't be able to be key witnesses.

What do you think?

Just a thought.

I don't believe that a car was rigged...although I see where you are going. It would just be too much of a coincidence that the car would lose control and hit a semi. (Rumors are that it was a semi with a tanker trailer...anyone else hearing that?)

Ok is anybody else having problems pulling up the link for KQ2 | stjoechannel.com: I can't find the story anywhere on there website. Isn't that kinda strange?
I went there to look as well and I didn't find the earlier crash article... however, I reread this article titled, the search for Pat Kimmi; the final stages and took a lot away from it that I didn't before in light of the recent 'accident' (snip to follow:)

After three months of searching for missing 58-year-old Pat Kimmi, the case has moved from the field into the courtroom.

Atchison County Attorney, Jerry Kuckelman, says the open investigation is now in the "final stages."

He's been pursuing leads since November after Kimmi was believed to be forced from her home just outside Horton, Kansas.

Last week, Kuckelman spent hours in closed door interviews with two key witnesses in the case.

He plans to bring in two more next week.

Kuckelman said the interviews are more serious than initial police questioning, witnesses are summoned by subpoena, then sworn in by a judge.

This is the largest public development in the case since law enforcement raided a home outside of Sabetha in mid-January.

http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=111432

---------------------------------

all that being said, if the crash is related (and not some freak coincidence) they have either (imhoo):

1) been questioned under oath already and know they are going down. This article was posted less than two days before the crash

or

2) they are the two to go "next week" and did something to keep that from happening.

At this point we just don't know enough about them to know if they were witnesses, assistants, or masterminds but this crash.... hinky timing all the way around. (as usual this "bee" my opinion)

ETA: add the selling off of all their livestock to this mix as well... another coincidence? I think not

I suppose it's possible they'll pull an article if they are revising it and need further confirmation of new facts to add to the story.

I don't expect to hear anything soon about their conditions - patient privacy and all that - I am highly surprised that the hospital would even say that they are patients there, privacy act and all that. Lucky me, everyday occurance working in the insurance industry!

My thoughts are with Kimmi family right now, I know you've been waiting a long time now my dears...just wait a wee bit longer. Your mother is with you even if you don't see her - she is there, holding you and loving you.

I suppose it's possible they'll pull an article if they are revising it and need further confirmation of new facts to add to the story.

I don't expect to hear anything soon about their conditions - patient privacy and all that - I am highly surprised that the hospital would even say that they are patients there, privacy act and all that. Lucky me, everyday occurance working in the insurance industry!

My thoughts are with Kimmi family right now, I know you've been waiting a long time now my dears...just wait a wee bit longer. Your mother is with you even if you don't see her - she is there, holding you and loving you.
unless they were admitted as 'confidential patients' anyone could call to see if they are a patient in the hospital. It is part of the admission paperwork. (snip for reference follows):

Does the HIPAA Privacy Rule permit hospitals and other health care facilities to inform visitors or callers about a patient’s location in the facility and general condition?

Yes. Covered hospitals and other covered health care providers can use a facility directory to inform visitors or callers about a patient’s location in the facility and general condition. The Privacy Rule permits a covered hospital or other covered health care provider to maintain in a directory certain information about patients – patient name, location in the facility, health condition expressed in general terms that does not communicate specific medical information about the individual, and religious affiliation. The patient must be informed about the information to be included in the directory, and to whom the information may be released, and must have the opportunity to restrict the information or to whom it is disclosed, or opt out of being included in the directory. The patient may be informed, and make his or her preferences known, orally or in writing. The facility may provide the appropriate directory information – except for religious affiliation – to anyone who asks for the patient by name.
Source(s):
http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/faq…

with all this being said, the fact that they did not give the condition means that the Hollister's requested it as such. With the high profile of their admission, I would not be surprised if the hospital encourged them to go the confidential patient route, but due to a lot of media response (and again the nature of who these patients are) opted to have the hospital director release as little info as possible (only that they are in fact patients at the facility)

I hope that makes sense

What about in the case where they did not or are not goint to make it and they want to contact next of kin first. In the police report it stated that each did not give their next of kin. I would think the police would be able to surpress this information especially when they know they will be hounded about where the case goes from here.

WIBW gets in on the act, updated, with video interview:

Accident Tied To Kimmi Case
Updated: 7:07 PM Feb 26, 2010

An accident in Brown County today could be tied to new developments in the disappearance of Patricia Kimmi in Atchison County last November. (VIDEO INCLUDED)

A day after Atchison County attorney Jerry Kuckelman announced a new special inquisition into the Kimmi case, two persons of interest were involved in a mysterious crash.

The “special inquisition” allows the prosecutor to interview potential witnesses behind closed doors. It's not known whether he spoke to the Hollisters. There's also no word yet on how severely they were injured in today's accident.
---
Watch the web exclusive interview with attorney Jerry Kuckelman for more on the special inquisition.
---

http://www.wibw.com/localnews/headlines/85567317.html

What about in the case where they did not or are not goint to make it and they want to contact next of kin first. In the police report it stated that each did not give their next of kin. I would think the police would be able to surpress this information especially when they know they will be hounded about where the case goes from here.
The next of kin notification on the LE report is in regards to the crash (to notify next of kin of the crash) and is separate entirely from patient confidentiality at a medical facility.

Keeping that in mind there are tons of different scenarios for why such consent wasn't given. For one example they could have been unconscious and unable to give verbal or written consent. Or they were conscious and refused it. Or they could have given specific consent, meaning only family members may know their admission, general status and room number. It can be in any combination of ways.

The only way to really find out what their status is would be to call patient info at KU MED

http://www.kumc.edu/Pulse/howtocontact.html

(snip)

Frequently Called Numbers
Unit name Number
Directory Assistance and Information 913-588-5000
Emergency Repair Service (Facilities Management)
strictly for after hours (between 4:00 pm-7:30 am on weekdays and all day on weekends and holidays) 913-588-7928
Emergency Room 913-588-6500
External Affairs 913-588-5240
Hospital Executive Office 913-588-1270
Human Resources (web site) 913-588-5080
Employment Benefits 913-588-5087
Employment Verification 913-588-5086
Lost and Found (web site - post lost and found items) 913-588-5177
Media Hotline 913-588-5246
Patient Admitting 913-588-5804
Patient Information
(Hospital Information Desk, patient room numbers) 913-588-5800

Physician Referral (web site) 913-588-1227
Registrar's Office (web site) 913-588-7055
Student Services (web site) 913-588-4698
University Police (web site) 913-588-5030

biggest question I have at this point is where were the two of them headed a little after 0700 this morning. Where were they headed at that time of the morning???

I found the site to look up the court docket for Atchison County (where the inquisition hearing is taking place) but have yet to dig in and find out if there were any inquisition hearings on the dockett for today (am still searching to see if that is possible):

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/KS_Atchison.htm

Could they have been headed to court?

0723 in the morning and they are in a car together headed south on 75, he with no belt and she with a belt on, and they not only cross the center line but end up on the berm of the other lane in front of a semi.

Could they have blown a tire to cause the shift that far over the yellow line? Sure. But where were they headed, *together*, at that time of the morning? Did he work? Did she?

So many questions and so few answers.

If court was being held in Atchison they would be going the wrong way...right?

35it4jm.jpg
bumping Amanda's map for lynejo

it could be possible they were on their way to Atchison

I heard (rumor) that their conditions are not life threatening. This is from a pretty good source but of course I must say it is not confirmed by anyone at the hospital

Certainly sounds "wierd" to say the least!! IF RH did this on purpose ....... why would he be halfway off the shoulder to try to commit suicide? It sounds an awful lot like attempted homocide (my opinion only) of his wife!!
Hmmmmmm ????

The Hollisters were never named as suspects, though Atchison County Prosecutor Jerry Kuckleman says they have been questioned during the investigation.

"They have been persons of interest in the case," said Kuckelman.

Kuckelman revealed earlier this week that the investigation into Kimmi's disappearance was entering its final stages. He says the process will move forward as planned.

"I don't see any problem for the investigation with them being in the hospital. We're developing the case and things are being discovered and we're proceeding with that," he said.

http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=111634

On that bit of good new I will same good night to all my websluth friends I don't know how I'd get through all of this with out you. I am good friends with the Kimmis. I grew up in Horton but now I live in Az and it's just so hard to be so far away from all of them and not be able to do anything to help them. You all keep me from going crazy and I just want to thank you. My love and prayers are with the Kimmi family keep them strong in this crazy time.

Night all, thanks again!!!

almost sounds to me like Kuckelman knows their condition, and is sending a sort of message to them in his statement to stjoechannel.

Just my two cents, but I bet they are the two scheduled for the inquisition next week:

Kuckelman: "I don't see any problem for the investigation with them being in the hospital. We're developing the case and things are being discovered and we're proceeding with that"

On that bit of good new I will same good night to all my websluth friends I don't know how I'd get through all of this with out you. I am good friends with the Kimmis. I grew up in Horton but now I live in Az and it's just so hard to be so far away from all of them and not be able to do anything to help them. You all keep me from going crazy and I just want to thank you. My love and prayers are with the Kimmi family keep them strong in this crazy time.

Night all, thanks again!!!
goodnight friend! My thoughts are with you! And I add my prayer to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214