KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM --

I'm trying to figure out what that means -- $120K is a lot of $$....he hasn't been charged yet so was this for some civil action prior to Pat's disappearance?....How could he have racked up $120K in atty fees & hasn't been charged w/ anything (yet) related to Pat? :confused:

If he has a high-powered lawyer @ $300/hr -- that's 400 hours.

I'm assuming the initial retainer for a murder defense is at least $100,000.

LOL! I could call Saylor Insurance and ask them tomorrow! J/K J/K!!! (I think that was the Co. Name)

Would their insurance company deny coverage to her and not pay her medical bills if she refused to sue him? Anybody work in insurance or have knowledge of how that would work?

Typically, the medical insurance company pays the bills & then exercise their rights to subrogation....in a case such as this, their legal team could pursue collecting from the liability insurance of the driver of the vehicle-- or any personal liability one carried -- to recoup their loss....wouldn't surprise me if they went after the insurance company that insured the truck driver's rig.

You've probably filled out insurance claims -- one of the questions always on them is 'was injury due to an accident'....not only is it asked for medical reasons, it's because insurance companies want to know what happened & who else may be liable to pay all/some of the claim.

I actually had this happen to me last year when I had a bad fall & went to the E.R....my insurance co. paid my bills, then a 3rd party sent me a letter wanting to know alllllll the details of where I was when I fell.....I sensed that they wanted to sue the homeowner (I fell in my DBF's dad's front yard)....did some googling & found this company was outed for being crooks a couple years ago....I tossed the 3 letters they sent me because I wasn't going to be a part of them suing my future FIL. ;) They went away & I haven't heard anything from *my* insurance company.

But anyways, even legit insurance companies want to get their $$ back.

BBM --

I'm trying to figure out what that means -- $120K is a lot of $$....he hasn't been charged yet so was this for some civil action prior to Pat's disappearance?....How could he have racked up $120K in atty fees & hasn't been charged w/ anything (yet) related to Pat? :confused:

If he has a high-powered lawyer @ $300/hr -- that's 400 hours.

$120K is a lot!...but expect the attorney has put in some time but wants a retainer paid in advance....and the fee might be reasonable considering there is one arrest & trial pending + the potential of a second arrest & second trial?

$120K is a lot!...but expect the attorney has put in some time but wants a retainer paid in advance....and the fee might be reasonable considering there is one arrest & trial pending + the potential of a second arrest & second trial?

It does seem reasonable for what RoHo is facing now.

I guess I wouldn't have thought much about the $120K if the "Kimmi matter" wasn't mentioned...maybe LE is considering the attempted murder of ReHo as part of the Kimmi matter since these 2 crimes seem to be tightly intertwined.

Tangled webs, deceiving & all that. <<sigh>>

Would their insurance company deny coverage to her and not pay her medical bills if she refused to sue him? Anybody work in insurance or have knowledge of how that would work?

The insurance company would cover most or all of the medical bills since they insured the driver and the car in this case....however, if she wants additional money for continued care for her injuries over the next few months or years, rehabilitation, etc PLUS the old "pain and suffering" reimbursement, she will have to file suit to attempt to get those additional amounts. Most people would not ever believe the number of lawsuits filed for the most ridiculous kinds of injuries in simple scratch the paint fender benders......with massive injuries like this, she is probably wanting some MAJOR money.

jmoo

just a thought but isn't it possible that LE won't even be interested in ReHo assuming her injuries were extremely severe, regardless of the degree of any possible participation in Pat's disappearance? Wouldn't her on-going medical expenses then fall on the state to pay if she were arrested and convicted? I presume thats part of the reason RoHo wasn't arrested until after he was discharged from the hospital. On the other hand, if she played a major role in Pat's disappearance, I honestly don't think the state would even hesitate to prosecute to the fullest extent.

ReHo is going for the JUGUAL FOLKS! It WONT BE LONG... Hang in there Kimmi kids!

ETA I meant JUGULAR! She is going tell it all.... and it might not be much.. but enough to nail these SoB's that did this to Pat (moo)

further eta.... I got so excited seeing that Reba is going to testify/sue that I completely lost my spelling ability~! Wow! So sorry for anything that sounded like I was born in a cardboard box and raised there as well. I truly wasn't. I promise.

jane, just my opinion at this point... but I don't think Reba had a freaking clue what was going on. Only that her husband perhaps wasn't "around" on the night that Pat went missing... than searches come up at her home and she starts further wondering... and the seal on it is her subpoena to the inquisition hearing the day before her husband tries to kill her in the car. It is just my feeling that this woman tries to think the best and ignores a lot of the rest. Now she is figuring it out... we are hearing this in her own words and RECENTLY IN HER OWN ACTIONS! She is suing! My gosh... this is so telling to me.. especially after growing up in Amish country in Ohio.

If you can read this or hear this ReH.. do the RIGHT THING. Tell all of what you know. And help Pat's children find her and find the justice they DESERVE.

goodnight friends (there are so many here I have made in this journey to find Pat). You guys are like family. Bless you all

jane, just my opinion at this point... but I don't think Reba had a freaking clue what was going on. Only that her husband perhaps wasn't "around" on the night that Pat went missing... than searches come up at her home and she starts further wondering... and the seal on it is her subpoena to the inquisition hearing the day before her husband tries to kill her in the car. It is just my feeling that this woman tries to think the best and ignores a lot of the rest. Now she is figuring it out... we are hearing this in her own words and RECENTLY IN HER OWN ACTIONS! She is suing! My gosh... this is so telling to me.. especially after growing up in Amish country in Ohio.

If you can read this or hear this ReH.. do the RIGHT THING. Tell all of what you know. And help Pat's children find her and find the justice they DESERVE.

I guess that time will tell on a lot of this speculation, but I think that ReH was involved in some way in the early part of this whole situation. I have nothing to pinpoint my feeling, but just think that she isn't as innocent as some people think. She may have been abused and beat down, but she surely wasn't chained to a fence and in RoH's sight every minute of every day. She had to have been able to contact LE at some point and given some information to them. She could have done it without giving her name. In the early stages of the search for Pat, I would think that LE would have followed up on ANY lead.
This is all just my opinion and like I said, time will tell. Today was filled with so much new information that my head is still swimming. Good night all.
Lord, please keep all of this WS group, Pat and her kids, grandkids and friends wrapped in your love and care. Amen

I don't see how or why their insurance would cover a deliberate criminal accident....JMO

insurance companies do not cover accidents where a person was drunk
why would they cover this??

JMO that is why ReHo is suing HER hubby

yes, he is her husband and she choose to stick with him all this while

I can't think of her as innocent...she had to have known the cap, the money clip...she knew his involvement with EK....she had to have heard the description of the vehicle...and where was she when the truck in question was dismantled and being buried on the property where she lived??

I hope all their assets are taken by the Kimmi kids in a civil suit frankly

Kimmi case 'very close' to arrest
Court document alleges person of interest 'has acknowledged his involvement in the Kimmi matter'

By James Carlson
Created March 23, 2010 at 10:25pm
Updated March 24, 2010 at 12:04am

<snip>

On Tuesday, Atchison County Sheriff John Calhoon said his office was "very close" to making an arrest.

"It wouldn't surprise me if the prosecutor walked into my office tomorrow and said to make an arrest," he said before adding, "or it could be a month."

The decision to go ahead with arrests is up to Hill, Calhoon said, but "there's no question in my mind we'll make an arrest. The question is when."

He said the case was the most complex he has been involved with in his 26 years in law enforcement.

more here

http://cjonline.com/news/state/2010-03-23/kimmi_case_very_close_to_arrest

I was just looking at my 'auto insurance policy'...
EXCLUSIONS
we (the insurance company) do not provide liability coverage for any 'insured'
WHO INTENTIONALLY CAUSES BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE
we (the insurance company) do not provide Personal Injury Protection Coverage for 'bodily injury sustained by
ANY INSURED IF SUCH INJURY WAS INTENTIONALLY CAUSED BY THAT INSURED

Kimmi case 'very close' to arrest
Court document alleges person of interest 'has acknowledged his involvement in the Kimmi matter'

By James Carlson
Created March 23, 2010 at 10:25pm
Updated March 24, 2010 at 12:04am

<snip>

On Tuesday, Atchison County Sheriff John Calhoon said his office was "very close" to making an arrest.

"It wouldn't surprise me if the prosecutor walked into my office tomorrow and said to make an arrest," he said before adding, "or it could be a month."

The decision to go ahead with arrests is up to Hill, Calhoon said, but "there's no question in my mind we'll make an arrest. The question is when."

He said the case was the most complex he has been involved with in his 26 years in law enforcement.

more here

http://cjonline.com/news/state/2010-03-23/kimmi_case_very_close_to_arrest

I don't quite understand..'arrests is up to Hill, Calhoon said'
Calhoon is the Atchison County Sheriff
Hill is the Brown County Attorney

I was just looking at my 'auto insurance policy'...
EXCLUSIONS
we (the insurance company) do not provide liability coverage for any 'insured'
WHO INTENTIONALLY CAUSES BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE
we (the insurance company) do not provide Personal Injury Protection Coverage for 'bodily injury sustained by
ANY INSURED IF SUCH INJURY WAS INTENTIONALLY CAUSED BY THAT INSURED

So...looks like RoHo is up a creek w/o insurance (although at this point that is the least of his problems) ....but what about ReHo? She didn't intentionally cause her injuries...although if it is a joint policy maybe that muddies the waters....?

But...this is just the auto policy (and provided theirs has the same clause as your company does)....not regular medical insurance. (I didn't even realize auto policies paid medical stuff! I thought they just covered your car if you had a wreck....mercy, sometimes I wonder if I've just recently fallen off the turnip truck.)

His/their auto insurance is not going to cover either of them

because this was intentional, criminal

She will have to sue him for anything above their medical coverage

I also hope the family will sue him/her and get any assets these jerks have before they sell off everything....

I think the courts should freeze their assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member