GUILTY KS - Three adults & toddler brutally murdered, Ottawa, 6 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Presumably if they've given media the complaint against Flack it will be published?

Presumably if they've given media the complaint against Flack it will be published?

I would think that they would, the DA guy kept refering to the complaint like the media would be able to find the answers they were seeking in that document. If anyone finds where it is available please throw us a link!! TIA

I actually live close to where all of this happened (10 miles away). I'm glad I joined WS or else I wouldn't have a clue what was going on with this case. Thanks to all of you that have been sharing links and info. My heart breaks for the family/loved ones, especially the grandparents. I hope this <modsnip> reveals where little Lana is so the search can end. :(

Kyle Flack charged in deaths of 4 at rural Ottawa farm
Bond set at $10 million

A criminal complaint says a 27-year-old man arrested earlier this week has been charged in the deaths of a woman and two men whose bodies were found at a rural eastern Kansas farm home.

Kyle Flack also is charged in the death of the woman's young daughter, whose body hasn't been found. Authorities say they presume 18-month-old Lana Leigh Bailey is dead.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-cit.../20101176/-/b4n6ny/-/index.html#ixzz2Svp6iBwG

This dude is a real piece of work and should have never been out of prison in the first place. It makes me sick that this horrible tragedy was preventable.

"Hunting wouldn't confirm that the four were shot, but said a firearm was used in commission of the crimes. He also wouldn't say which victim was raped."

http://www.kctv5.com/story/22216861/search-continues-for-lana-leigh-bailey-sus

The above quote, especially the last sentence seems a bit sensationalistic to me. It seems only logical, unless Flack had homosexual tendencies that the public is not aware of, because the only female body that they have recovered is that of Kaylie. Therefore we can deduce(sp?) that she was the victim of rape in this case.

Unless crime techs have found items belonging to Lana that had Flacks semen on them (I am sick just typing that :sick:).

I actually live close to where all of this happened (10 miles away). I'm glad I joined WS or else I wouldn't have a clue what was going on with this case. Thanks to all of you that have been sharing links and info. My heart breaks for the family/loved ones, especially the grandparents. I hope this <modsnip> reveals where little Lana is so the search can end. :(

:welcome4: :wagon:

SaucyGal, I am glad you decided to join WS!!! You will find that the folks here are always about 3 steps ahead when it comes to finding information, it is amazing how good some of them are.

I agree this tragedy is extremely heartbreaking for the families and I want so bad for little Lana to be found asap. This is about as bad of a case as I have followed on here since I joined.

Whoa, he said at the end of his hearing that the sooner he can see his atty the sooner 'we can wrap this up'. Do you think he hid Lana's body to try to make a plea deal to save him from the death penalty if he reveals where her body is located?

I would put nothing by this sick !!!:furious:

Whoa, he said at the end of his hearing that the sooner he can see his atty the sooner 'we can wrap this up'. Do you think he hid Lana's body to try to make a plea deal to save him from the death penalty if he reveals where her body is located?

I wondered the same thing when I heard that....He said something to the prosecution side but I couldn't make out what it was due to all the noise in the room. Did anyone else catch it?

I wondered the same thing when I heard that....He said something to the prosecution side but I couldn't make out what it was due to all the noise in the room. Did anyone else catch it?

Seemed like he said it would be in their interest to get that lawyer in to see him.

I got the impression that he'd already have been cooperating if he had a lawyer.

Sadly, yes.

Listened over & over...the best that I came up with is something about '...the guy in the chair over there...'

Listened over & over...the best that I came up with is something about '...the guy in the chair over there...'

He said "the sooner I see him (his Attorney), the sooner we can wrap this up. So you sitting over there in the chair, might wanna try and push this thing through".

Clearly this is holding out on Lana's location, in return for some sort of plea. He's no stranger to a deal.

Steve survived the shooting but died a year-and-a-half ago from lung cancer. Flack was convicted of attempted murder for the shooting. He was supposed to spend five years in prison, but only ended up serving a little more than two years.

&#8220;That was a joke,&#8221; Ingram said. &#8220;It was a plea bargain. They said Kyle had no previous record, so the most they could give Kyle was a &#8216;hard five.&#8217;&#8221;
Some of the charging details are coming from forensics, but there are some other details which make me wonder if the two people who were with him when he was arrested talked. Flack seems to want to control, I don't think he gave investigator's any details. But he may have bragged about the murders to others.

If Lana isn't with us, why would he have hidden her body or even transported her away from the farm, while the others were left in a manner anyone could find them without a lot of effort? I'm having a hard time grasping this aspect.

Well, if your prisons are like prisons in the UK, someone who kills a child isn't going to be popular. And it sounds like Lana's family have connections.. he might not get an official death penalty but I doubt prison is going to go well for him.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/22222020/vigil-held-to-remember-victims-in-ottawa-slaying

Posted: May 10, 2013 8:41 PM EDT
Updated: May 10, 2013 9:07 PM EDT
By Laura McCallister, Multimedia Producer
By Stephen Mayer, Multimedia Journalist

OTTAWA, KS (KCTV) -Friends and neighbors in Ottawa, KS will gather on Friday night to remember all the victims of the heinous crime that took place in recent days.

Several hundred people are at the vigil at Forest Park off North Locust Street.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
little red riding hood
Back