GUILTY KS - Three adults & toddler brutally murdered, Ottawa, 6 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2013/jul/08/quadruple-murder-case-ottawa-expected-go-2014-pros/

A Franklin County judge refused today to seal all documents in a May quadruple-murder case and set the course for a long trial process that will continue into 2014.

Franklin County District Judge Thomas H. Sachse is hearing the case of Kyle T. Flack, 27, of Ottawa, who appeared in Franklin County District Court charged in the killings of three adults and one 18-month-old child earlier this year in rural Ottawa.

Sachse set a schedule of pretrial hearings that will stretch for more than seven months and said that some, but not necessarily all, of the documents filed by attorneys could be sealed from public view. The judge said he will issue a ruling later this week on whether prosecutors can order DNA testing that might destroy several potential pieces of evidence in the case.

Thanks KsStormy, the last I posted was they weren't going to court until July 18th. Anyway I can't believe he going to go ahead with this. I thought he might just plead out. Unless he thinks the PT doesn't have enough evidence against him.

I guess time will tell. This trial is close enough to me I would like to attend, if it makes it that far.

A Franklin County judge ordered this week that
DNA testing
can go forward in the capital murder case of a man accused of killing three adults and an 18-month-old child in May in rural Ottawa.

Franklin County District Judge Thomas H. Sachse is hearing the case of Kyle T. Flack, 27, of Ottawa, who faces charges of capital murder, first-degree murder, rape and criminal possession of a firearm in the deaths of Andrew Adam Stout, 30, and Steven Eugene White, 31, Kaylie Kathleen Bailey, 21, and Bailey’s 18-month-old daughter, Lana-Leigh.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2013/jul/31/judge-orders-dna-testing-ottawa-quadruple-murder-c/

A man accused of murder in the slaying of four people, including an 18-month-old girl, at a farm in rural eastern Kansas will face the testimony of dozens of witnesses during a preliminary hearing slated to begin Tuesday.

Kyle Trevor Flack, 28, has been charged with capital murder, first-degree murder and attempted rape in the killings last May. The bodies of Andrew Stout, Steven White and Kaylie Bailey were discovered at Stout's farm in Ottawa, about 50 miles southwest of Kansas City. Investigators found the body of Bailey's toddler, Lana Leigh Bailey, a few days later in neighboring Osage County.

rsbm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/hearing-set-kansas-quadruple-homicide-22856560

Autopsy: All four Franklin county murder victims killed by shotgun

RANKLIN COUNTY, Kan. - The doctor who performed autopsies on all four Franklin County murder victims found last spring said each was killed by shotgun blasts.

The two men, Andrew Stout and Steven White, were each shot multiple times.

Kaylie Bailey and her daughter Lana, forensic pathologist Dr. Eric Mitchell said, were each shot once.

“Do we really know anybody?” asks mother of Kansas man accused of murdering 4 people

Flack’s mother, Tammy McCoy, was in the courtroom as prosecutors presented their evidence.

She listened as each witness testified in support of the prosecutions’ belief that Flack brutally killed Steven White, 31, Andrew Stout, 30, Kaylie Bailey, 21 and Lana Bailey, 18-months old.

snip

“To find out Kyle is accused of it,” she said while remembering the group of friends. “I know my son better than that I think, but do we really know anybody? I don’t know.”

RSBM

http://fox4kc.com/2014/03/12/exclus...er-of-man-accused-of-kansas-quadruple-murder/

White was shot in the head and chest. Stout was killed by five shotgun blasts to the head, neck and back. Kaylie Bailey was raped, bound, gagged and shot in the back of the head and neck.

The baby took a shotgun blast to the back, didn’t die immediately, and was stuffed in a suitcase and dumped in a creek.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/03/12/exclus...er-of-man-accused-of-kansas-quadruple-murder/
What these people suffered is horrible, but the BBM really hurt my heart ...

I usually don't comment on a murderer's family member, in most cases they are also victims. But Flack's Mother is just a real piece of work.

“Do we really know anybody?” asks mother of Kansas man accused of murdering 4 people

RSBM

I am quoting myself here because in no way am I supporting this monster or his family for the crimes that Kyle Flack has been accused of.

In fact I am appalled that this was the headline on the news site!

I wish I could have been in court those few days, it is not that far from where I live. I noticed on the news it looked like standing room only, no one appeared to sit behind the defendant's on that side of the room.

I can't stand for long periods of time which would have left me sitting on the defendants side. What would you do?

Now that's a dilemma Jewels53.

I don't think I would have attended either, if I had to sit somewhere that indicated I was supportive of Flack. But if you do attend, I expect you to report back
icon7.gif

I am quoting myself here because in no way am I supporting this monster or his family for the crimes that Kyle Flack has been accused of.

In fact I am appalled that this was the headline on the news site!

I wish I could have been in court those few days, it is not that far from where I live. I noticed on the news it looked like standing room only, no one appeared to sit behind the defendant's on that side of the room.

I can't stand for long periods of time which would have left me sitting on the defendants side. What would you do?

Be glad you didn't attend. I watched one of the news videos about the hearing and on the courtroom screen (and-in the video!) they showed baby Lana's body in the suitcase after she was found in the creek. :crying:

Be glad you didn't attend. I watched one of the news videos about the hearing and on the courtroom screen (and-in the video!) they showed baby Lana's body in the suitcase after she was found in the creek. :crying:

Really? How disrespectful and unnecessary, whatever news station that is, they should be ashamed.

death is too good for this monster:jail::furious:

i won't speak ill of the other victims...no one deserves the fate they met.....but omg it just breaks my heart when i think of that sweet baby......the lifestyle they all led was up to them but WHERE OH WHERE was someone to look out for lana :(

RIP sweet baby

kyleflack_ottawaherald_1398179681241_4172109_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Aggravating circumstancess listed by prosecutors are:

■ Flack was convicted of attempted second-degree murder in a 2005 case in Franklin County.
■ Flack knowingly or purposely killed more than one person, referring to the Baileys.
■ Flack committed the crime to avoid or prevent lawful arrest or prosecution.
■ Flack committed Kaylie Bailey's slaying in "an especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel manner."
■ Kaylie Bailey was killed because of her expected testimony as a witness in a criminal proceeding.

According to court records, Stout was killed April 29, White was killed between April 20 and 29, and the mother and daughter were killed May 1.
Flack's 2005 attempted murder conviction in "which the defendant inflicted great bodily harm on another" is listed as the sole aggravating circumstance in seeking the Hard 50 sentences, prosecutors wrote.

Flack's jury trial will begin Sept. 21, 2015, with six weeks for jury selection ending Oct. 30, 2015, Godderz said.

http://cjonline.com/news/2014-04-22/prosecutors-seek-death-penalty-kyle-flack-triall

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back