GUILTY KS - Zayden Jaynesahkluah, 2, suspicious death, Wichita, 31 May 2019 *Mom arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Autopsy: 2-year-old boy found unresponsive in S. Wichita motel died of 'methadone toxicity'

[....] Gorrill noted that because he did not know how the boy got the narcotic his manner of death is undetermined.

Toxicology results show a juice bottle containing red liquid and a cigarette butt both tested positive for methadone and nicotine. A can of Coke containing a cigarette butt and cigarette ashes also tested positive for methadone, nicotine and caffeine.

[....]
I'm sickened and I'm saddened, but I'm not surprised. What a disgusting excuse for a mother. Poor Zayden, he deserved so much better. :( MOO

Autopsy: 2-year-old boy found unresponsive in S. Wichita motel died of 'methadone toxicity'

[....] Gorrill noted that because he did not know how the boy got the narcotic his manner of death is undetermined.

Toxicology results show a juice bottle containing red liquid and a cigarette butt both tested positive for methadone and nicotine. A can of Coke containing a cigarette butt and cigarette ashes also tested positive for methadone, nicotine and caffeine.

[....]
Crap. :oops: Mother of the year. She lied straight up and her whining about people being "jealous" of her makes me sick.

I hope LE can make the charges stick since her boyfriend was present at the time too and Zayden was treated for a viral infection earlier in the month. IOW I hope the charges don't get downgraded from first-degree murder if LE can't make a direct link to her actions. If I understand correctly, in Kansas felony murder is the same as first-degree.

So the next burning question is whether or not her boyfriend will also be charged?

My heart aches for this little guy whose last few weeks on earth included a viral infection, seizures, hospitalization, no electricity, a seedy hotel room with mom and her bf, cups and cans with cigarette butts, ashes, methadone, Lord knows what other kind of abuse/neglect, and finally, death.

Fgs, what in the &%$# is wrong with people?! MOO

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article234487822.html

My heart aches for this little guy whose last few weeks on earth included a viral infection, seizures, hospitalization, no electricity, a seedy hotel room with mom and her bf, cups and cans with cigarette butts, ashes, methadone, Lord knows what other kind of abuse/neglect, and finally, death.

Fgs, what in the &%$# is wrong with people?! MOO

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article234487822.html

It is heartbreaking and no life for a sweet little toddler. She shouldn't have had those kids with her living that lifestyle.

OMG, she's clueless! What kind of mother doesn't get that it is her responsibility to protect her children from things like getting into her drugs (legal or illegal) while she's sleeping?! :eek::mad:
Why, why, why was he left with her? :mad::(:mad:

The agency says the initial reports in December 2018 and January 2019 were about neglect and lack of supervision. Later, the agency received reports that Compass' then-partner was physically abusive, and more that Compass was neglectful.

Although the reports weren't substantiated, Compass received a mental health referral. The agency says a service provider attempted to contact her on May 31, the day Zayden was found dead at a motel.

#$%&!!!

Wow, I watched the video and her demeanor is more like what I would expect from someone talking about a fender bender, not like someone whose child died needlessly and horrifically. She's so freakin' worried about passing the blame on to whoever, whatever - the other man in the motel room saying Zayden might have "gotten into" her methadone - and she's *still* upset over what others, even strangers, think of her. IMO she's twisted.

I will stay here every day until (there) is justice for my son, knowing that I didn't do anything to my son and that I never would, or (to) my daughter," Compass says.

Well, she got that right; she'll be staying there (in jail) until there is justice for Zayden.

I'm with you there ! The more this broad blabs the more her true colors show
OMG, she's clueless! What kind of mother doesn't get that it is her responsibility to protect her children from things like getting into her drugs (legal or illegal) while she's sleeping?! :eek::mad:

Why, why, why was he left with her? :mad::(:mad:

The agency says the initial reports in December 2018 and January 2019 were about neglect and lack of supervision. Later, the agency received reports that Compass' then-partner was physically abusive, and more that Compass was neglectful.

Although the reports weren't substantiated, Compass received a mental health referral. The agency says a service provider attempted to contact her on May 31, the day Zayden was found dead at a motel.

#$%&!!!

Wow, I watched the video and her demeanor is more like what I would expect from someone talking about a fender bender, not like someone whose child died needlessly and horrifically. She's so freakin' worried about passing the blame on to whoever, whatever - the other man in the motel room saying Zayden might have "gotten into" her methadone - and she's *still* upset over what others, even strangers, think of her. IMO she's twisted.

Well, she got that right; she'll be staying there (in jail) until there is justice for Zayden.
I caught that too & had to laugh. Like she has any choice in the matter.

From your link:

The affidavit says Compass said she had checked her vehicle for her methadone medication to see if Zayden had taken any. She said he hadn't.

A search of Compass' vehicle unveiled an unlocked Avengers pencil box in the back seat. Inside that box were three bottles of methadone. The affidavit says one bottle was empty and two others had small amounts inside. That methadone was liquid and bright pink in color.

On June 3, a few days after Zayden's death Compass said he had about a cup of red Jungle Juice at the motel room. She denied that Zayden took her medicine and denied being involved in giving him any methadone.
Affidavit: Methadone in 2-year-old boy's system enough to kill opioid-addicted adult

IMO she's a lying liar. C'mon, just admit it.

From your link:

The affidavit says Compass said she had checked her vehicle for her methadone medication to see if Zayden had taken any. She said he hadn't.

A search of Compass' vehicle unveiled an unlocked Avengers pencil box in the back seat. Inside that box were three bottles of methadone. The affidavit says one bottle was empty and two others had small amounts inside. That methadone was liquid and bright pink in color.

On June 3, a few days after Zayden's death Compass said he had about a cup of red Jungle Juice at the motel room. She denied that Zayden took her medicine and denied being involved in giving him any methadone.
Affidavit: Methadone in 2-year-old boy's system enough to kill opioid-addicted adult

I.just.can't.with.this.woman. Grrrrrrr! No words. :mad::mad::mad:

From your link:

Oh my Dear Lord, this poor child. :mad:

Mother denies abuse amid investigation into 2-year-old son's death

zayden+mother+speaks.JPG

I keep trying to figure out what to copy and paste and really, it is too hard to decide. I will say, this picture of Zayden says everything the mother left out in her excuses and attempt at reasoning. Also, I would like to know just what we are all jealous of about her that makes us not believe this baby was not abused. (I am so livid I don't know if I am even making sense.)
If that is the best photo she had of this poor child, I am afraid to say more.

[....]
Maybe this woman had to go out and left Zayden by himself and he got thirsty... Is she a working girl?

An earlier post here had an article with an interview about about the mother asking her friend to keep Zayden for a few hours. Her friend said it turned into days. She must have been working hard at something to have to be away for that long.
-----------------------
Here's another Wichita article about another child's death and the mother's sentencing for it. It's over and done so I did not create a new thread because I just could not do it right now. Just too many, too many.
Mother sentenced in beating death of toddler who wouldn’t eat hot dog
Mother sentenced in beating death of toddler who wouldn’t eat hot dog
Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article235796407.html#storylink=cpy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879
Back