Found Safe KY - AC 16, & Noah 3, w/uncle Jacob Clare, Beaver Dam, car fnd in CA, 5/6 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I ran the case by my husband and his reaction was…he’s heading to Canada. The proximity to Mexico is to get people to look South, while he heads north.
I agree. He knows if he parks the car in that area everyone is going to bet on them heading to Mexico. He's going to head north. He may even try to get back to MI where he has ties.

Thank you.

It wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility for him to walk down to Dana Point Harbor (the closest "marina" to San Clemente) about 5 miles north of the Outlets. It is a rather small harbor compared to those in San Diego, Newport and Los Angeles.
Yes, it’s small and busy this time of year - today they turn on the holiday lights and people will be out decorating their boats.

How is he doing that though with no car? That’s a long way to bum a ride.
Good question. I’m wondering about a network of people helping him? He’s into motivational speaking and participates in various new age/conspiracy theory discussions on social media. Could he have people convinced that society is trying to take his son away and needs to be ‘rescued’? Or he could be paranoid/delusional and believes himself that he is rescuing his son? That something is out to get them.

Unfortunately, I don't see this guy surrendering, so I'm very fearful for Amber and Noah. (unless he lets them go, if they're cornered....my hope)

Without transport and supplies I don't know how he will manage to stay out of sight.
Stealing car will only work, temporarily, if he kills the driver. Ugh.

eta; unless he's getting help of course

Sounds like he had plan. Go to MI, get seen there, then head off to CA and dump the vehicle. It does seem he may have been forced to dump it without grabbing everything he wanted. I do think he's playing a game, in his mind, and he's got a whole fantasy tied up in having his son and his niece. I also think he's keeping a close eye on what LE are doing to keep ahead of the situation. I agree with you, I think he's headed north. The vehicle dump was meant to throw off authorities. They need to do a nationwide alert because he's had a 5 day head start and they have no idea where he's headed. Going state by state isn't working, by the time they issue the next alert, he'll be days away in another state. This is a powder keg situation and they need to be found quickly.
I bet the teen and the 3 year old are beginning to HATE this "adventure". It's got to be exhausting, cramped, unsanitary. I worry for them a lot as the excitement of being on the run turns into fear, exhaustion, hunger, and worse.

Noah was first reported missing on Nov 7, and the Subaru was already in Arizona on Nov 7. Amber Alert wasn’t issued until Nov 16…
“A sighting of the Subaru the Clares are believed to be traveling in was spotted on Nov. 7 in Arizona, …. License plate readers in Arizona spotted the vehicle traveling on Highway 95, near the Bill Williams Bridge. It showed the Subaru, purchased by Jacob on Facebook Marketplace on Oct. 30, with stickers removed and loaded up with camping gear and clothing.”

I bet the teen and the 3 year old are beginning to HATE this "adventure". It's got to be exhausting, cramped, unsanitary. I worry for them a lot as the excitement of being on the run turns into fear, exhaustion, hunger, and worse.
This is what has me worried. If you’re not used to having a 3 year old with you 24/7 (and even when you are, it’s exhausting) I cannot imagine being able to handle it for weeks, on the run yet!
He is getting a lot of help from her, I’m sure, but even she has to be mighty disillusioned with this adventure by now, and is probably bucking him on some things. I just hope HE doesn’t get to his breaking point before these children are safely away from him.

I was wondering too about how they would get to Canada, since I also think that’s the most likely destination but I couldn’t come up with any good ideas, but yours makes complete sense. My guess is he’s been planning this for awhile.
Someone made a comment that Canada had tight borders which is true, but that border is very long and most of it is not monitored.
I don’t know anything about illegal or casual crossings of the Canadian border, but logically they must happen. As you point out, the border is so long. It’s likely that there are people that can facilitate such a thing. IMO

This is what has me worried. If you’re not used to having a 3 year old with you 24/7 (and even when you are, it’s exhausting) I cannot imagine being able to handle it for weeks, on the run yet!
He is getting a lot of help from her, I’m sure, but even she has to be mighty disillusioned with this adventure by now, and is probably bucking him on some things. I just hope HE doesn’t get to his breaking point before these children are safely away from him.

This has me very worried, too. It’s been 11 days already.

I was wondering too about how they would get to Canada, since I also think that’s the most likely destination but I couldn’t come up with any good ideas, but yours makes complete sense. My guess is he’s been planning this for awhile.
Someone made a comment that Canada had tight borders which is true, but that border is very long and most of it is not monitored.
Without appropriate documentation and COVID vaccination and COVID testing they will not get into Canada via the traditional ways.

The border here is much harder to cross and right now it’s flooded. So he’s not going to be able to cross in WA straight up I5
How long have you been flooded up that way? I'm just wondering what passage would have been like around the 11th - last Thursday when the car was presumed abandoned. Makes me so mad that they have a 5 or 6 day head start.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSP MORSE
Back