GUILTY KY - AF, 15, found alive, taken by Daniel York, 50, Monticello,14 Mar 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Alleged abductor caught in Pulaski County

I want to hear more about the charge of incest of victim under 12 or with serious physical injury. Could it be in regard to A from 2016? Did he molest another child? Ugh, seems like either is possible from this disgusting man.

And I hope we'll hear more about Rossely.

No, the under 12 charge wouldn't relate to A. It doesn't just involve her. More pain all around.

<snip>

Daniel Paul Photography
<snip>
His last 'regular' post, showing some photos from a specific shoot, was Sep 12, 2016. The next and last post was a reference to a change in phone number for his business, posted January 27, 2017. The page currently says that the business is based in Somerset KY.

I believe that DPY has a sibling in Shopville KY, less than 10 miles NE of Somerset. AF disappeared from her foster home in Monticello, about 20 miles SW of Somerset. DPY also posted a positive review in August 2017 of an attorney in Somerset. I presume it was because he was trying to gain legal custody of the kids.

So do any of these people know where he is?

DPY was found at a place on KY 461. That road isn't super long and it doesn't make it all the way to Somerset, but it does end in....Shopville. Just sayin.

What are the chances that DPY was found not far from Shopville and that his nearby relatives didn't know? Is there a chance that accessory charges will be filed?

Having said that, LE did say they received a tip. I wonder who the tip was from.

Last edited:
This updated article has details that I don't want to post on this forum. :(

But here are some other developments noted:

Later in the day, charges of kidnapping a minor and unlawful transaction with a minor appeard on his PCDC information.

“$215,000?” York responded incredulously when Judge Slone asked if he had any questions. “What happens now?”

York is next scheduled to appear for a preliminary hearing on June 6.

On Friday afternoon, after the two extra charges appeared on York’s record, it appeared that York’s bond had been upped to $1 million.

Man faces kidnapping, rape charges

DPY was found at a place on KY 461. That road isn't super long and it doesn't make it all the way to Somerset, but it does end in....Shopville. Just sayin.

What are the chances that DPY was found not far from Shopville and that his nearby relatives didn't know? Is there a chance that accessory charges will be filed?

Having said that, LE did say they received a tip. I wonder who the tip was from.
You are on to something! Yes, he had a brother in KY listed on FB (entry is gone now).

Unfortunately, I can‘t open the article (not accessible in the EU) but I am sure DPY is capable of whatever I cannot read right now.

Slim to none

According to a citation connected to the case involving the two incest charges and first-degree rape, a KSP Detective said the charges came after two separate interviews with two juveniles. One was a Feb. 9 interview with a 15-year-old female where the detective said the girl stated she and York had engaged in sexual intercourse on three different occasions.

A second interview took place on March 26 between a younger female and a therapist, in which the younger girl told the therapist that York had sex with her on multiple occasions while in Somerset. The incidents took place between January 2017 and early February 2018, when the girl was between ages 10 and 11.

The citation states that York was a step-father to both girls at the time.

According to a citation connected to the case involving the two incest charges and first-degree rape, a KSP Detective said the charges came after two separate interviews with two juveniles. One was a Feb. 9 interview with a 15-year-old female where the detective said the girl stated she and York had engaged in sexual intercourse on three different occasions.

A second interview took place on March 26 between a younger female and a therapist, in which the younger girl told the therapist that York had sex with her on multiple occasions while in Somerset. The incidents took place between January 2017 and early February 2018, when the girl was between ages 10 and 11.

The citation states that York was a step-father to both girls at the time.

You know, I was trying to avoid posting these details on a public forum. I know it's an article out there in the public, but I worry about these kids and these kind of details being published. Just my opinion.

You know, I was trying to avoid posting these details on a public forum. I know it's an article out there in the public, but I worry about these kids and these kind of details being published. Just my opinion.

I understand. But quoting an article doesn't changed what happened. I am always of the opinion that abusers need to be fully exposed and victims need to be fully supported without any hint of shame that what happened TO them is any of their fault. This was a crime. I choose to recognize the horror they endured and stand witness with them. If it is hard to read, I cannot imagine how hard it was to live. Anyone who feels differently is welcome to move on past it. I will not treat it as shameful for the victim, as it only creates more shame. I want to acknowledge the number of victims and just how young they were when this monster chose to rob them of their innocence. Its the way I choose to honor and support those (especially children ) who are harmed by adults.

Furthermore, I think it is important for "good" adults to realize the kind of people who are out there, ready to prey on your children. My mom always tells me I don't know what I'm talking about. Alas, here are children that prove otherwise.

Amazing news! I'm sitting here crying for her-- both happy she is safe and sad tears for what she must have gone through. I hope she will get all the counseling help she will need after this. I hope her and her siblings are able to stay together.
Same here. Been following this quietly and don't even know how I missed this news but the tears are flowing for sure.

He shows up here: Pulaski County Detention Center Inmates

InmateImg052018ZZZ2009044680_05312018194237.jpg
Wow! They just picked him up yesterday! Just by a sleuther checking in on this thread, LOL! That's SOME sleuthing!

I understand. But quoting an article doesn't changed what happened. I am always of the opinion that abusers need to be fully exposed and victims need to be fully supported without any hint of shame that what happened TO them is any of their fault. This was a crime. I choose to recognize the horror they endured and stand witness with them. If it is hard to read, I cannot imagine how hard it was to live. Anyone who feels differently is welcome to move on past it. I will not treat it as shameful for the victim, as it only creates more shame. I want to acknowledge the number of victims and just how young they were when this monster chose to rob them of their innocence. Its the way I choose to honor and support those (especially children ) who are harmed by adults.

Furthermore, I think it is important for "good" adults to realize the kind of people who are out there, ready to prey on your children. My mom always tells me I don't know what I'm talking about. Alas, here are children that prove otherwise.

I absolutely agree that these children have no reason to be ashamed. But these kids don't get a chance to decide what information is out there about them. It was already easy enough to read between the lines without posting the specifics. I think all of your goals mentioned above could have been achieved (and already were) without the specifics posted.

Just my opinion. We'll just have to agree to disagree and there's always more than one approach to consider.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree that these children have no reason to be ashamed. But these kids don't get a chance to decide what information is out there about them. It was already easy enough to read between the lines without posting the specifics. I think all of your goals mentioned above could have been achieved (and already were) without the specifics posted.

Just my opinion. We'll just have to agree to disagree and there's always more than one approach to consider.

I have not had any issues with your approach. I had no idea anyone would have issues with mine. We have been speculating what those charges were for and why they were listed for a timeline prior to her missing for an age that didn't match hers since they were listed yesterday. So, I dont think it was a situation of "easy enough to read between the lines". We were confused. I was posting to clear it up. I'm not sure why it seems like it was personal or why this is even a discussion. I am definitely the "to each his own" kinda girl. I am a Counselor and have stood next to children who need an advocate more times than I ever hoped would be needed. So, my opinion of minimizing shame and standing up with the tiny victims won't be changed soon.

While the details are distressing to read and I understand it's uncomfortable to put them out there, I appreciate @mpnola summarising the news article. Due to GDRP, those of us in Europe are unable to access the Somerset-Kentucky news site so we really are reading between the lines (and missing info) in this case.

While the details are distressing to read and I understand it's uncomfortable to put them out there, I appreciate @mpnola summarising the news article. Due to GDRP, those of us in Europe are unable to access the Somerset-Kentucky news site so we really are reading between the lines (and missing info) in this case.

Duly noted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8