GUILTY KY - Alex Johnson, 32, Lexington, 20 December 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't gotten through the entire thread so if this has been asked/answered/discussed (you get what I mean) I am really sorry.

Does anyone know if his computer has been gone through? Emails? Browser history? To me it sounds like he knew the person that came to the door, left willingly and expected to be back shortly. My first thought was either drug deal or romantic meeting. Or something that he kept to himself otherwise why wouldn't he have said to his GF "Oh honey, Bill is here, let me call you tomorrow." Just thinking out loud and I feel kind of bad about thinking of the poor guy that way.

I sent the link to the news article (where the person commented asking about a red truck (below) to the admin of the Find Alex facebook page and (with their permission of course) I can tell you that they have messaged the poster several times with no answer. I also asked if they had looked at his browser history and they said that the police have the computer so they weren't able to look themselves. I invited them to Websleuths and gave them the web addy. They thanked us for all of out hard work.

http://www.lex18.com/news/lexington-police-search-for-missing-man/

I'm so glad that they are looking through his computer! I hope they find something!!!

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/54016982/

A body was found in a storage unit in Lexington. Investigators are not releasing whether the victim is male or female at this point but someone has attempted to conceal the body. An autopsy is planned for Thursday (today). They stated the body had been there for some time, but no word on exactly how long.

I hope this isn't Alex.

After reading through several different articles about the body found in the storage unit, I noticed that the Social Security Administration is involved in the investigation.....so I think this is not Alex. I think its an elderly person and someone hid the body to collect their Soc Sec benefits. Just my theory. I can't imagine how hard this must be for Alex's family and girlfrend to know a body was found butvnot know if its him or not. My heart goes out to them.

Just a thought, Has no one suspected the girlfriend? It is not uncommon for the last person that spoke to the missing person, to be involved. I would like to see if they have confirmed that the gf was in fact out of state, or if it was all a ploy. I also live in Lexington and have heard that Alex sold marijuana, which is tame.. but possibly a drug robbery? I am still not sold on the gf's story. Her name remained a mystery until this past Wednesday when she decided to do a news interview? I dunno something doesn't feel right there.

Just a thought, Has no one suspected the girlfriend? It is not uncommon for the last person that spoke to the missing person, to be involved. I would like to see if they have confirmed that the gf was in fact out of state, or if it was all a ploy. I also live in Lexington and have heard that Alex sold marijuana, which is tame.. but possibly a drug robbery? I am still not sold on the gf's story. Her name remained a mystery until this past Wednesday when she decided to do a news interview? I dunno something doesn't feel right there.

Good points. I personally considered the drug theory as well. Something like drug deal gone bad.

I live 15 minutes out of Lexington. My hubs works there (near campus dorms) and we do alot of our shopping there.
I have done searches before and would be willing to go on searches for Alex. I can come hang posters too. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

After reading through several different articles about the body found in the storage unit, I noticed that the Social Security Administration is involved in the investigation.....so I think this is not Alex. I think its an elderly person and someone hid the body to collect their Soc Sec benefits. Just my theory. I can't imagine how hard this must be for Alex's family and girlfrend to know a body was found butvnot know if its him or not. My heart goes out to them.

I would venture to say it's likely an elderly person too. Or could it possibly be someone (of any age) who's receiving disability checks or something? I think Social Security also handles disability claims in many states. Maybe this person was claiming disability and receiving checks and Social Security received a tip that this person wasn't really disabled? I've heard of that happening before, and they will definitely come after you to try and recoup the money they paid out. Maybe they wanted to see what was in the storage unit that might be of value?

yes, very. where are you, Alex? what happened?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

There was a post on his fb missing page from a woman who claimed to have seen him in Albuquerque, NM, she stated that she had been in in contact with the police. I hope something breaks soon, I don't understand the secrecy and lack of searches for Alex... Something doesn't feel right to me :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAA
Back