KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this story online and had to come see what was happening.
I wonder if she was upset because she was loosing her house or because she got news she didn't get a job or because she was being sued for custody of her kids. All this to say that the reason for her being upset can vary in many degrees. It can dictate whether to look with friends or look in trees/water etc.
I hope she's found soon. Her kids and family need her home.

Were all these things happening to her? I mean, I read/heard from news reports she recently lost her job but... I had no idea about custody, losing her home, etc.

I noticed that they uploaded pics from the search today and they’re down by the river. That makes me a little nervous. I wonder if they have some type of info that’s putting them down there.
They had some from yesterday also.
I noticed the change to the river. I think they are spreading out search area's.
JMO
No boats that I could see searching water. Just River banks and tall grass. MOO
This is getting gut wrenching for her family, searchers and loved ones.
I am sure her boys are missing their mommy. They all love and miss her.
Her info is going national.
I do not see her running off being gone with this much out there.
I suspect she is not able for unknown reason at this time. JMO

Were all these things happening to her? I mean, I read/heard from news reports she recently lost her job but... I had no idea about custody, losing her home, etc.

The only things we have heard is that her car was totalled and she was laid off from her job.

We do not know the reason why she was so upset.

And there has been nothing about custody or loosing her home in media reports.

Louisville mom Andrea Knabel dedicated to finding missing people has disappeared

“Andrea Michelle Knabel, 37, was last seen around 1 a.m. on August 13, 2019, walking in the area of the 4000 block of Fincastle Road near her home in Louisville’s Audubon Park neighborhood, Andrea’s sister, Erin Knabel told Dateline.

“We talk daily, or every other day,” said Erin, who lives a few blocks away from her sister.”

Kentucky mom who volunteered to help find missing people vanishes

“She left her sister's house upset and was last seen talking on her cell phone, walking toward her mother's house about a half-mile away.”
————-

•Andrea leaves her sister’s house who lives somewhere in the vicinity of the 4000 block of Fincastle Road.
•Andrea lives a few blocks away from her sister.
•Andrea’s mother’s house is a half-mile away.

Why would Andrea go to her mothers house and not to her own place since it was close?

Did Andrea tell her sister she was going to their mother’s house?

How did they know Andrea did not go to her house and then back out again?

I’ve only started following cases within the past few years. Usually I have a feeling one way or another right off the bat. And they aren’t always correct. But this one is throwing me for a loop. I can’t put my finger on anything with this case.

Where are her parents? I haven’t seemed to have heard anything from them. I find it strange that the sister won’t talk about their disagreement. I feel she seems defensive about it. She has two children, I haven’t seen the father of either child say anything publicly. I saw someone mention the search photos earlier. I find them odd. Having a lot of photog friends, they have a “staged” feel to me. Maybe I’m missing clues or articles, but the lack of information and the defensiveness surrounding possible information gives me a weird vibe.

I’m also confused about the living arrangements. She was unemployed and didn’t have a car. Was she living with her mom? Or family? Was she living on her own? It sounds like Andrea, her mom, and her sister all had separate residences fairly close to one another? Unless I’m reading that wrong. If she was living on her own and unemployed how was she affording to do so?

I’m also confused about the living arrangements. She was unemployed and didn’t have a car. Was she living with her mom? Or family? Was she living on her own? It sounds like Andrea, her mom, and her sister all had separate residences fairly close to one another? Unless I’m reading that wrong. If she was living on her own and unemployed how was she affording to do so?

I watched one of the segments done on her today and it looks like she had also lost her house. That was new to me and I’m not sure where she was living. It’s possible she was staying with her parents back in Audubon park, I guess- but they haven’t said.

They had some from yesterday also.
I noticed the change to the river. I think they are spreading out search area's.
JMO
No boats that I could see searching water. Just River banks and tall grass. MOO
This is getting gut wrenching for her family, searchers and loved ones.
I am sure her boys are missing their mommy. They all love and miss her.
Her info is going national.
I do not see her running off being gone with this much out there.
I suspect she is not able for unknown reason at this time. JMO

I think it’s a good idea to search that area, just because there’s a busy TARC line along Poplar Level that runs from there to downtown. I just wonder if there was anything credible that led them there.

I looked again and it looks like they’re searching just east of the walking bridge, downtown.

I’ve only started following cases within the past few years. Usually I have a feeling one way or another right off the bat. And they aren’t always correct. But this one is throwing me for a loop. I can’t put my finger on anything with this case.

Where are her parents? I haven’t seemed to have heard anything from them. I find it strange that the sister won’t talk about their disagreement. I feel she seems defensive about it. She has two children, I haven’t seen the father of either child say anything publicly. I saw someone mention the search photos earlier. I find them odd. Having a lot of photog friends, they have a “staged” feel to me. Maybe I’m missing clues or articles, but the lack of information and the defensiveness surrounding possible information gives me a weird vibe.

Her dad has been talking to the media

The least I can do for you folks is draw you a picture of your speculations. Sorry to hear this person has gone missing.

View attachment 200971 (Map with area marked)

Google Maps
If she was walking to Chickadee it is very possible that she took the sidewalk between the building that then crosses a pedestrian bridge to Nightingale as it saves quite a bit of walking time.

Google Maps

Police Searching For Kentucky Mom Who Helps Locate Missing People | NewsRadio KFBK

Her sister says Andrea has been going through a rough period over the past year. She was laid off from her job at Humana and was involved in a hit-and-run car accident.

She always keeps in touch with all of us, especially her children," Erin told Dateline. "Even if she's visiting friends."
Anyone with information on Andrea Knabel's whereabouts is asked to contact investigator Tracy Leonard at 502-618-9337 or the Louisville Metro Police Department at 502-574-LMPD.

They are requesting CCTV in area last known. Search team continues.

Would be nice to have a VI in this case.
Most current info coming in from PI on FB live.
I am in both groups on FB. Private and open.
I know they are busy with boots on ground. A few leads but not voicing leads yet. No MSM with leads.
Trying to remain positive no stone unturned that we could get lead on yet.
I keep thinking of the country club?
Was she forced in a vehicle she approached thinking it was a uber?
An accident hurt somewhere?
Going on 3 weeks. Not good Not Good JMO

was she physically injured in the hit and run? does she take medication aka opiates for injuries?

moo. sorry to be such a negative nancy, and i'm not implying she was hooked on drugs, but to say this is not a possibility would be naive. our country has been ravaged by prescription medications that get people hooked very fast, and puts them in desperate and dangerous situations when they run out of their scripts. it's an epidemic that cannot be denied. :(

so, having said that, could she have been looking for something like that, and that's why this is so hush hush? (which i totally understand, by the way.) MOO!

I am also getting the same weird vibe about the lack of info and defensiveness. I think the argument with her sister was about something the family considers unflattering (I.e. drugs).

I hope the family is working with LE as closely as they are with Missing in America. I major side eye that “organization” and get the feeling they are itching to be the ones to “solve the case” instead of LE.

I watched one of the segments done on her today and it looks like she had also lost her house. That was new to me and I’m not sure where she was living. It’s possible she was staying with her parents back in Audubon park, I guess- but they haven’t said.
I always had the feeling she had lost her residence. Maybe I just assumed it was a possibility since she lost her job after she lost her car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana