KY KY - Ann Gotlib, 12, Louisville, 1 June 1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Never heard this before. This tells me Ann wasnt the one who placed the bike against the pillar.

"Lyudmila Gotlib said she'd called her freckle-faced daughter home for dinner from a friend's house less than a mile away, but Ann never arrived. The friend said they'd split up at what was then Bashford Manor Mall, so Lyudmila went looking for her.

Outside the mall, she found Ann's bicycle, but noticed something. The kickstand was down.

That was odd. Ann would have known the kickstand didn't work.

After a frantic search for her daughter inside the mall, Lyudmila called police."

Source:

http://archive.courier-journal.com/...ed+police+to+reassess+their+cold-case+methods

Found some new things.

In the spring of 1983, Greg Oakley moved in with Virginia Bailey (either on Liverpool lane or windy willow drive-I'm seeing conflicting reports). They met while working at Fischer Packing Co in Louisville at 9300 shelbyville road Louisville ky 40222

He moved out in July of 1983.

I also found this article talking about his previous convictions in talladega, al
c7608c4a802e625185475747c09a1822.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is frustrating when such sightings are included as "fact" when they could indeed have been mistakes or even fabrications. It can throw an investigation off trying to make things fit. As to her home address, I do not know that, but you could probably go into newspaper archives (microfilm section of any large library) to look up press coverage at the time. Sometimes they mention the names of parents and might even state the address. You can also look up the parents names in old phone or city directories of that time frame (also to be found in larger libraries).

The eyewitness that saw her riding her bike home, I bet, was her friend Tanya. She was the granddaughter of the woman, Ester, who the scent dog traced Anns scent to 3 days after she went missing.

Tanya and Ann were playing at the Jewish Community Center that day and then went back to Tanya's house. I do not know where she was living at that point in time. Anns mother called Tanya's house and told Ann that she needed to come home because they had plans that evening. This call was about 515. Tanya accompanied Ann to bashford mall on their bikes and that's where Tanya turned around about 530 and went home. Anns bike was found at bashford mall and that's the last anyone ever saw her.

I'm sure the police interviewed Tanya and that's where this "eyewitness account" came from. (I'm purely speculating)

I found tanya and wrote to her just to say I was familiar with the case and sorry for what she went through. If she shows interest and replies, maybe I will ask her if she would be willing to tell me her side of the story. If not, I will obviously respect that and leave it alone.

I have also sent an open records request to Jefferson county pd for the ann gotlib case files so I hope to have those by the end of the month.

Thanks for all of this information Addysmom7610! This case sticks out to me as well, and hope more answers are found. I am from Kentucky as well, so this one is close to home (I read so many cases on The Charley Project and this is maybe only the 3rd one in KY that I came across, but stands out the most). Interested in hearing if you get a reply from Tanya or Jefferson County PD. How did you locate Tanya?

I found her on facebook. I've also made a fb page for Ann. I should be receiving the files very soon-within the next week or so. There are 5 boxes of case files and each box contains about 1500 pages so it's A LOT!

Well apparently I won't be receiving the case files as it's an open investigation. But I've been put in touch with the homicide detective in charge of the case. I will let you know if and when he responds. Still no response from Tanya.

Unidentified Fingerprint found on the bike.....makes you wonder if it would be matched to anyone if ran through the databases again....

It's been 32 years today since you've been gone. We will find you, Ann. Someway, somehow.

I have read somewhere that a (now) deceased person confessed and LE believes he is the killer. Just so odd she was ever found.

I found her on facebook. I've also made a fb page for Ann. I should be receiving the files very soon-within the next week or so. There are 5 boxes of case files and each box contains about 1500 pages so it's A LOT!

Care to share?

I was not given the files because it's still an open case.

Bumping for Ann
Where are you??

33 years today since you went missing, Ann - we pray that someday you will be found and that you rest in peace.
:heartbeat:

I rememember this case, so many different theories on what happened to her. I lived in Hardin County, 50 miles south of Jefferson when she was abducted, and years later worked within a mile of the mall in question. She needs to be found.

Broken archive link to The Courier-Journal article posted 12-28-2014. :thinking:

[video=youtube;i9ML78d6nE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9ML78d6nE0[/video]

I still think Greg oakleys girlfriend at the time knows more than she is saying. I think she's afraid of being charged as an accessory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back