KY KY - Bowling Green, off I-65 NB, WhtFem 12-20, UP102, Red Levi Pants, Jul'84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FYI, WS users outside the US/non-US citizens do not have access to the NamUs ruleout list.
Thanks for telling me I wasn't aware of that I will post the list of names here for everyone. After reviewing the list again I found that some of the names were entered twice so the list is a little shorter than originally thought.

Launa Merrit
Mary Burnett
Melinda Creech
Raylene Helsley
Cindy Pallett
Charlotte Kinsey
Ann Gotlib
Gina Hall
Barbara Monaco
Mindi Chambers
Kimberly Doss
Lisa Wilson
Julie Moseley
Caren Wurst
Jackie Boyer
Christina Carter
Sherry Marler
Shannon Potter
Elizabeth Maggard
Debra McCall
Teresa McDonald
Tracy Byrd
Dean Pyle Peters
Carla Corley

Also when you're looking at the exclusions on Namus, you can sort on any of the columns up or down by clicking on the header. So you can put it in alphabetical order to make it quicker to search for a particular name, or sort by county to see which cases in an area have been compared, etc. etc.

Back when comments were still allowed on there, people on Unidentified Wiki suggested a potential match between this UID and Katie Worsky of Virginia. Katie was twelve when she went missing about two years before the UID's remains were found. I'm not too familiar with the case, but it sounds like Katie's mom's ex-boyfriend has been convicted of murdering Katie, but her remains have never been located.

Also, not sure if this is worth mentioning, but several other women were found murdered in and around Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee in the years surrounding the discovery of this particular UID, including former UIDs Tina Farmer, Elizabeth Lamotte, and Espy Pilgrim. There was also another still-unidentified lady who was found murdered in West Virginia in '83. Tina's murder is the only one that has been solved, to my knowledge; the guy who killed her is dead, and I'm not sure if they have linked him to any other crimes.

However, I don't think that this was a random crime (assuming the UID was murdered), since this kid was really young to have not been reported missing (seemingly). I think that there's a good chance that this was a domestic thing. She could have met with foul play at the hands of caregivers or had gotten married very young to someone who was abusive. It would have been easy for someone to say that she just ran off; I've heard that such behavior was not uncommon among young women and girls in that time period. Also, she did have healed blunt force trauma to the back of her head, the cause of which could range anywhere from an innocent childhood bang-up to a violent intentional assault.

Hey All! I am new to this. I cam across her on the doe network and definitely thought that she could be Ann Gotlib. Afterwards I was scrolling this forum and saw many people commenting that she was ruled out, even after following some of the links I was still unable to find this info. For future reference can anyone tell me how to find out if a person has been ruled out via an online resource? Thanks!

Hey All! I am new to this. I cam across her on the doe network and definitely thought that she could be Ann Gotlib. Afterwards I was scrolling this forum and saw many people commenting that she was ruled out, even after following some of the links I was still unable to find this info. For future reference can anyone tell me how to find out if a person has been ruled out via an online resource? Thanks!

Hi...the rule outs are mostly found on Namus (although sometimes not made public or partly made public), but you can only see them when you register. If you can't, because you're not an American citizen and from another country, you have to relay on other members posting the rule outs, like up this thread in post #107. You can see that Ann Gotlib is ruled out, being this Jane Doe.

If rule outs are not made public in Namus: Sometimes members had personal contact with LE or the coroner's office to submit or discuss a certain potential match and then come to know about a rule out...most of them share this info here.

If others have suggestions, please add.

Hi...the rule outs are mostly found on Namus (although sometimes not made public or partly made public), but you can only see them when you register. If you can't, because you're not an American citizen and from another country, you have to relay on other members posting the rule outs, like up this thread in post #107. You can see that Ann Gotlib is ruled out, being this Jane Doe.

If rule outs are not made public in Namus: Sometimes members had personal contact with LE or the coroner's office to submit or discuss a certain potential match and then come to know about a rule out...most of them share this info here.

If others have suggestions, please add.

Thanks for the info. I will register an account with nameu

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member