KY KY - Bowling Green, off I-65 NB, WhtFem 12-20, UP102, Red Levi Pants, Jul'84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@TmmEye that would be great! It’s always good to get a feel for what the actual scene was like. It certainly can’t hurt. If you’re willing and able, I say go for it!

I’m still with you on the Lorie Blevins theory, BTW...I think if we put our heads together and really dig deep, we could come up with something more concrete. IMO

From the Namus file "Found along the northbound lanes of Interstate 65". Is it safe to say she was traveling from south to north and dumped out of a car traveling north (the most logical site of the Interstate). Of course it would have looked different in the 80's then nowadays. Maybe she hitchhiked from Tennessee going to xx ? @TmmEye It's an interesting note that everybody knows each other in Bowling Green so she is probably not from there, but was traveling through.

Checked again into the hypoplasia of her lower teeth. There is a big chance her two bottom middle teeth were discolored/yellow colored.

From the Namus file "Found along the northbound lanes of Interstate 65". Is it safe to say she was traveling from south to north and dumped out of a car traveling north (the most logical site of the Interstate). Of course it would have looked different in the 80's then nowadays. Maybe she hitchhiked from Tennessee going to xx ? @TmmEye It's an interesting note that everybody knows each other in Bowling Green so she is probably not from there, but was traveling through.

Checked again into the hypoplasia of her lower teeth. There is a big chance her two bottom middle teeth were discolored/yellow colored.
I actually drove out there last night, and the site was a highway with Hardee’s next to it. I’ll take more photos from there tomorrow.

I actually drove out there last night, and the site was a highway with Hardee’s next to it. I’ll take more photos from there tomorrow.

If you already have photo's post them.

If you already have photo's post them.
I didn’t get the chance to take them, as it was very dark and the glare of my window wouldn’t be good. I’ll drive out today/tomorrow. I just have some thing dot do, so I’m a little busy..

Two new exclusions (bolded) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Jackie Boyer
Mary Jo Burnette
Tracy Byrd
Christina Carter
Mindi Chambers
Carla Corley
Melinda Creech
Ann Gotlib
Gina Hall
Raylene Helsley
Charlotte Kinsey
Elizabeth Maggard
Sherry Marier
Deborah McCall
Teresa McDonald
Launa Merritt
Barbara Monaco
Julie Moseley
Cinda Pallett
Dean Pyle Peters
Shannon Potter
Lisa Wilson
Caren Wurst

The thought hadn’t occurred to me until now, but could this possibly be Tammy Sue Clements? She disappeared from Nebraska “sometime in 1980”... or was it from Michigan in May 1981? No one can say for certain!!

I spent awhile researching her case and a lot of the details are all over the place. Comparing their photos just now I saw a pretty good resemblance....
D2236B7F-BFF1-4C29-A764-2C8287335215.jpeg 1B436386-BBC2-4AE3-AE14-2D01A93C62F2.jpeg
409E8FCC-7EFF-44B0-948E-1210E07323FE.jpeg 0CC647F3-22E0-463A-A1CC-560BD75BE49A.jpeg

Attachments

• 1680286E-88E3-47DA-BB06-DCAC93E76963.jpeg
    1680286E-88E3-47DA-BB06-DCAC93E76963.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 10
I found a good potential match here! (IMO obviously)
Valerie Ann Smith
7BEC15A3-EA57-45CF-A49B-51D9230A818B.jpeg FC38E8EA-7093-4953-A808-7722F40D14F8.jpeg 865E6D70-D23F-4EE7-944B-5BF14AA8AC43.jpeg 203C36DA-B48E-419D-AA9B-F7E3EED2457D.jpeg EF265731-3F07-4AD3-BD64-5955B1C56D36.jpeg 7B4DB460-EFED-430F-B8C0-3E6A1C2051CF.jpeg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
3961DFNY - Valerie Ann Smith
Mossing from Long Island City, NY since March 1981
- 20 years old, 5’0”, 100 lbs., brown hair and eyes
- She was depressed and stated to her father that “she I might as well jump off a bridge”
- I have no clue how she’d have ended up in Kentucky, there isn’t much detail on her MP profiles... but she fits the physical profile pretty well IMO.
0053C028-F27D-4AF6-9D47-2B297325F3C6.jpeg
16285B90-3E48-4B90-BAE7-814D0389AB46.jpeg
6FFBE92F-1515-4E32-9F1D-8913772852C4.jpeg
0A973F07-78EC-4497-BE0E-BB8E5BD58B80.jpeg
(these aren’t great side by sides but I think it makes it easier to compare when you can see them on the same screen at one time...)

Her facials features all seem pretty close, but her brow bone/ridge (or lack thereof) is what I was looking at most. She doesn’t have a “flat face”? I guess it’s that none of her features protrude outward significantly. There are undoubtedly more technical terms for what I’m trying to describe, but they elude me :p

I know her name has been mentioned in the previous page of this thread, but I would like to second that Emma Lorene Vaughn seems like a reasonable match for Bowling Green Jane.

Emma Lorene Vaughn – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I find it especially interesting that she may have traveled to TN after her disappearance and was possibly on the run with someone else before they separated. I think her and BGJD share a decent resemblance too.
She does! And the dental work. It doesn’t say that BGJD was missing a front tooth, but it also doesn’t say she wasn’t. Emma’s brow area also looks like what I was trying to describe above...
Eta: I added Emma to our list for Amy :D

Attachments

• 0DA73076-9E27-4EDA-86E6-38B0BD7E5716.jpeg
    0DA73076-9E27-4EDA-86E6-38B0BD7E5716.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 18
She does! And the dental work. It doesn’t say that BGJD was missing a front tooth, but it also doesn’t say she wasn’t. Emma’s brow area also looks like what I was trying to describe above...
Eta: I added Emma to our list for Amy :D
Thanks for adding her to the list! I do feel like she definitely could be BGJD, but who knows yet.

BGJD's dentals are basically just saying that she had some dental work and incomplete development on 2 of her bottom teeth, so it's possible that something like a chip in a tooth, such as what Emma had, wouldn't have been noticed or noted on NamUs/DoeNet. Also, no idea what the standard for "extensive dental work" is, but that shows that at least they both had some dental work.

I guess one of the issues is that Emma had given birth presumably not long before her disappearance; if there was signs of previous pregnancy on BGJD, I imagine that would've definitely been noted. But, again, who knows?

The photo on the bottom row of Emma reminds me of BGJD the most by far. She does seem to have the same sort of face as BGJD there, as opposed to a more rugged face with pronounced features (also don't know the terminology, lol). Not sure when that specific picture was taken, though.

This is based on nothing more than looking at the reconstructions, but she looks closer to the 12 end of the age range than the 16 end in the reconstructions, so I've been looking a bit more at younger potentials (of course, not ruling out or marking older possibilities as necessarily unlikely, just a hunch).

I’m glad we’re both lacking in proper terminology :p I know what you mean though about the photos though! I actually lowered the age parameters when I was looking yesterday, so I don’t know how I came across Valerie :confused: but at least it helped when trying to describe the brow area and what I thought it would look like on a MP.

I guess it was presumptuous of me to say I had added her to “our list”, even though for my intents and purposes I do consider this our project. So maybe I should ask; do you mind if I add Emma to the list as a possible match for this UID - a list of all Kentucky UID that Amy Burrows-Beckham, M.D. has access to and will be checking in order to make successful matches? :D

Eta: screenshot

Attachments

• 456BA62B-8D95-4B08-9A64-510E3001390C.jpeg
    456BA62B-8D95-4B08-9A64-510E3001390C.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 9
I’m glad we’re both lacking in proper terminology :p I know what you mean though about the photos though! I actually lowered the age parameters when I was looking yesterday, so I don’t know how I came across Valerie :confused: but at least it helped when trying to describe the brow area and what I thought it would look like on a MP.

I guess it was presumptuous of me to say I had added her to “our list”, even though for my intents and purposes I do consider this our project. So maybe I should ask; do you mind if I add Emma to the list as a possible match for this UID - a list of all Kentucky UID that Amy Burrows-Beckham, M.D. has access to and will be checking in order to make successful matches? :D

Eta: screenshot
Oh, of course not! Feel free to add anything I'm suggesting. Hopefully eventually our collective records sleuthing could get us somewhere here. Though, for Emma Lorene Vaughn, I think the credit would lie more toward theshadow45; I found her missing person listing before I really looked through this thread and saw that she was suggested before, but they beat me to it!

:) I personally don’t worry about receiving “credit” when it comes to these cases, but I just wanted to show that I’m in no way trying to claim credit for any matches we make! Some people desire the credit though and that’s perfectly ok. Either way, I always think it’s nice to acknowledge those who went the extra mile! ;)

Nevertheless, she is on the list (which is publicly accessible) and we will at least know one way or the other if she is our Doe! And both girls will be one step closer to being found or getting their name back! That’s all that matters to me :)

:) I personally don’t worry about receiving “credit” when it comes to these cases, but I just wanted to show that I’m in no way trying to claim credit for any matches we make! Some people desire the credit though and that’s perfectly ok. Either way, I always think it’s nice to acknowledge those who went the extra mile! ;)

Nevertheless, she is on the list (which is publicly accessible) and we will at least know one way or the other if she is our Doe! And both girls will be one step closer to being found or getting their name back! That’s all that matters to me :)
That's fair! Thank you again for compiling these lists and reaching out; I've always been pretty shy and hesitant to send stuff in, especially by phone, so I tend not to do it too often.

That's fair! Thank you again for compiling these lists and reaching out; I've always been pretty shy and hesitant to send stuff in, especially by phone, so I tend not to do it too often.
You’re welcome! :) I’m barely beginning to come out of my shell, so this part is new to me. But hopefully we can take advantage of one another’s strengths and collectively help solve some of these Kentucky cases! (for starters ;))

You’re welcome! :) I’m barely beginning to come out of my shell, so this part is new to me. But hopefully we can take advantage of one another’s strengths and collectively help solve some of these Kentucky cases! (for starters ;))

And I have bad hearing which makes calling difficult :p But I'm pretty good at bookkeeping kinds of stuff. Lists, links, that sort of thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back