KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a "body" (actually scattered partial skeletal remains) found in southern Rockcastle County recently. I posted something about it on another thread and didn't think there was enough info to start a thread on them.

The story I linked mentions a nearby resident, when trying to think of who this could be, saying "...next thing that came to my mind is that girl who was missing from Berea over there.”
I can only assume he is talking about Ms Farthing.

Human remains found in Rockcastle County creek bed (WKYT, Lexington, KY) 4/24/2015
MOUNT VERNON, Ky. (WKYT) - A man hunting mushrooms stumbled across bones Thursday night.

“It was partial scattered skeletal remains, in a 100 to 150 foot area,” said KSP Trooper Lloyd Cochran
...said Elzia Don who lives near the discovery on Southend Loop, just off US 25 between Mt. Vernon and Livingston.

Don says he knows of no one missing from Rockcastle County, but did recall a recent high-profile missing case just north of him.

“Little bit of everything going through my mind, next thing that came to my mind is that girl who was missing...from Berea over there,” he said.

There was a "body" (actually scattered partial skeletal remains) found in southern Rockcastle County recently. I posted something about it on another thread and didn't think there was enough info to start a thread on them.

The story I linked mentions a nearby resident, when trying to think of who this could be, saying "...next thing that came to my mind is that girl who was missing from Berea over there.”
I can only assume he is talking about Ms Farthing.

Human remains found in Rockcastle County creek bed (WKYT, Lexington, KY) 4/24/2015

LE says they didn't know for sure, but didn't think it was Brooklyn. I wonder what they they are basing that on?

In the ABC news story it says her cell phone is missing and parents said the phone is ringing but no one answers but they haven't been able to track it.. I don't understand how they haven't been able to track it? That should be a BIG priority right now for the police in that area, batteries don't last forever and the information on location is so important! Hoping she is found quickly and safely!

It can take a search warrant and several days or week(s)to track her phone.

LE says they didn't know for sure, but didn't think it was Brooklyn. I wonder what they they are basing that on?

Probably just trying to stop the press from jumping to conclusions.

I have read the thread for Brookleyn. I have a few questions I was hoping someone closer to the case may be able to answer or someone may want to discuss:

1. Was it ever said where "the homeowner" was going to feed or put up his horses? From what I can gather, his story is: Brookleyn was at his place waiting for a ride home from her ex-boy friend when he left in a car/truck to tend to his horses at another location.

2. It's said Brookleyn was texting her ex. who was working the overnight shift. Was the ex's time card (if any) checked to see if he was at work the entire shift? Did other employees verify this.

3. Did any else come to the home Brookleyn was staying at from the party earlier 6 miles away in the early morning hours?

4. If "the homeowner" was a friend of the ex. and someone Brookleyn willing left the party with. Why was she afraid? Was someone else at the house?

5. Does "the homeowner" have a violent past? Has he had problems regarding girls? Did he like Brookleyn for more than a friend?

This is one case that I'm really surprised that the investigation went no where. Seemed they had some relatively solid stuff to get started with, at least as far as these types of cases go.

This is one case that I'm really surprised that the investigation went no where. Seemed they had some relatively solid stuff to get started with, at least as far as these types of cases go.

Agreed, I'm hoping LE is just keeping what they know under raps and the case hasn't gone cold. Many cases with less to go on have been solved. Hoping they are still doing searches throughout the summer and fall months. LE knows the person(s) Brooke was last seen with and her location before her disappearance.

We're the human remains found in Rockcastle County ever identified?

I can't seem to find any MSM from after the initial reports about whether the remains have been identified.

This one states that LE doesn't think it was Brooklyn because the remains have been there for several years...

Human remains found on the banks of Roundstone Creek in Rockcastle County south of Berea are unlikely to be those of Brookelyn Farthing, the Berea teen who has been missing since June 2013.

According to a news release from Kentucky State Police Post 11 in London, “Preliminary investigation reveals the remains appear to have been in that location for several years.”
http://www.richmondregister.com/new...f70-eab1-11e4-bf7e-075a0ad7311f.html?mode=jqm

Also, it turns out that within a few days of discovering the remains, LE actually arrested the man who stumbled across them because he stole one of the bones, though he is not a suspect in the death of whomever he found.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...ockcastle-Co-301608411.html?device=tablet&c=y

Was hoping there would be a break, but sadly no..

I live here in the area and grew up in the county she disappeared in. My husband is a teacher there now. It's sad to see the banners that some businesses hung around town are now fading and torn. There's been very little media coverage in the past year.

I have my own theories about what happened but I DO think that LE is carefully watching the last person she was seen with (the guy whose house she was at), hoping for some kind of slip up or insight. Over the past few years "word on the street" has almost ALL fingers pointed at him.Nobody around here believes he is totally innocent.

This case is rough on so many levels. The fact that it just happened in the backyard (LE actually asked US and the people who live around us to check our property for recently disturbed earth after she was reported missing) makes it even worse. I've been unable to tear myself away from the case and updates. I even ended up writing a book about it. (It's fictionalized and a ghost story, but if you're familiar with the case, it's clear it inspired it.) It helped me work through some of the issues regarding the disappearance.

Somebody knows something. I'd say several "somebodies" know something. Until one of them talk, I don't think her remains will be found. And I do think she is deceased, and almost certainly has been since that night of the party.

On Wednesday, the third anniversary of her disappearance, family and friends gathered outside the home where Brookelyn was last seen - 113 Dillon Court in Berea - to pray and release balloons in her honor.

"It's like I want to go over there and open that door and think that I'm going to see her sitting there," said Shelby Walker, Farthing's mother. "And I know that's not true."

For Walker and her family it has been three years of questions and three years of pain.
http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Mi...hree-years-after-disappearance-384054001.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back