KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm local to this area and never hear anything on our news. Sad.

So I guess that LE believe she is buried somewhere in the woods. Is it normal for LE to rely on hunters to do their work for them?

So I guess that LE believe she is buried somewhere in the woods. Is it normal for LE to rely on hunters to do their work for them?

that is exactly what i was thinking! i will say that the area that this happened is very rural, and very wooded. if you look at the map i posted, you can see how far back those woods go..(the ones they were searching earlier this week) this whole area has lots of dense woods....i do find it a little disturbing that LE waited through hunting season to see if anything "turned up" :facepalm:

quoting myself to make sure you guys realize that when i said "more info than around here" i meant here in KY and not on WS ...you guys do great things when you can and i think thats great....i wish i had more on this, but so far nothing...i fear the worst for this girl....if there are anymore KY WSer out there, i would like to hear from you guys, anyone heard anything?

I'm in Pike County and I hear ya! Welcome to WS! :seeya:

I'm in Pike County and I hear ya! Welcome to WS! :seeya:

thanks for the welcome!! :tyou:

have you been following the case? (what little info there is) from the first day i heard this case on the news, it didnt sit right. i can remember the fact that, at first, LE said the fire and her disappearing were not related and i couldnt believe that. I really hope, that from the start, they had a POI and were just hoping for info to back it up...

I have not followed this case, and this information may have been posted in anotehr thread, but I found this very interesting.
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Private-investigator-believes-Kentucky-missing-person-cases-may-be-related-239509891.html

I don't put much stock in that, since there was talk about Mickey Shunick being part of that group, though I don't see her mentioned now...

Turns out Mickey was taken by a lone who has been captured.

IMO the commonality here is that these are women, young, and attractive - all the traits look for...

That couch fire to me is the key.

The fact that the home owner states thats where he last saw her, then it catches on fire. To me, I think a crime was committed and the fire was done on purpose to cover it up.

Her being scared was her intuition working. I think she had a good reason to be scared.

I think LE needs to put the pressure on. Something is clearly wrong.

The lack of information is also concerning. Even in some of the other cases like with Hailey Dunn... We knew right away that step dad lied about being at work, then lied about being fired, then lied about where he went that day. Not that it matters if we have the information. Does not see to lead any where else.

But, then the other isssue I have is that she was texting she was scared and then sends that last text "Never mind. I`m OK. I`m going to a party in Rock Castle County."

Who says they are going to a COUNTY to party. That seems odd. According to google maps, its about 22 miles to that county from the home she was in.

I think something happened on that couch in that house. I think the fire was set to destroy evidence and that text about going to another party was sent to keep the ex from coming to get her and lead others to believe she was someplace else to buy time to get rid of the body.

I hope I am wrong. But fires are rare and missing people are rare. Put these 2 together in the same exact spot. The odds are unlikely it was just 2 totally random rare occurances.

I agree with the statement about going to a COUNY party...and leaves times to get rid of her body. I also find it very strange that a young girl who was out parting the night before...would be awake at 6 in the morning...never mind sitting up. Likewise for the guy who was out with his horse. He was at the same party...no matter what his age, it was likely a late night. Also, strange him texting her to return his car after she drops off her friend. Yuck, yuck, yuck..poor girl, she must have been terrified.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:19 PM
http://www.wkyt.com/...-239509891.html

Private investigator: Ky. missing women may be related to other cases

Updated: Fri 12:44 PM, Jan 10, 2014

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A Florida private investigator says he believes more than a dozen missing persons cases from Kentucky and surrounding states may be connected.

The faces of the young women on Bill Warner's blog are similar but behind each smile is a different family searching for answers.

"It just escalated over the last two or three years," Warner said. "It continued, the same profile, young female with long blond hair, same petite size, it just kept happening over and over and over again."

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/3528-missing-girl-brookelyn-farthing-ky-06222013/

Is this the guy that links paige johnson, Kaitlin Markham, Lauren sprier and others together because they are young and petite and along construction routes on the interstates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still no news to report here.....its sad this story has dropped off around here...havent heard a peep. feel so sorry for the family. :anguish:

Another billboard to aid in search of missing Madison County teen

She's been missing for nearly a year, and now, family members of 19-year-old Brookelyn Farthing hope putting up another billboard will help bring about new leads in the case.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/crimetrack...of-missing-Madison-County-teen-260168691.html

Really sad case, I feel like she is not getting enough attention in terms of investigation - seems like without a body, things are in limbo... hope I am wrong...

Really sad case, I feel like she is not getting enough attention in terms of investigation - seems like without a body, things are in limbo... hope I am wrong...

Jmo but it feels like one of those cases, maybe based on socio/economic status, that the media just is not interested in. I think it would be far different if she had been a college student from the suburbs, for example.

Jmo

Jmo but it feels like one of those cases, maybe based on socio/economic status, that the media just is not interested in. I think it would be far different if she had been a college student from the suburbs, for example.

Jmo

Yes, well said, my feeling exactly. Interesting to compare the attention that Holly Bobo's case gets versus this unfortunate young woman...
Holly case even got the state's Governor involved in placing a large reward.. Not begruding any of this for poor Holly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back