KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just to touch on a couple of the details mentioned in last night's JVM with Brookelyn's stepdad.. First off, IMO they did a great job of getting a lot of the info and details out there nationwide, along with having her step-dad clarify and correct a couple of issues that were incorrect or unclear.. He also states that LE has told them(her family) that they absolutely do have a suspect, but they(LE) are not publicly naming a suspect, nor are they sharing with the family at this point in time what LE believe to have happened in those early morning hours..

Link to 8/23/2013 JVM show transcript:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/23/ijvm.01.html

Respectfully snipped by me...

Thank you SmoothOperator for such and enlightening and informative post! I really appreciate it! :)

Wow its really disturbing that the only recent media attention for Brookelyn is regarding the psychopath loser who was fraudulently collecting monetary donations in the name of Brookelyn's cause!.. Ugh! What sick opportunist thieves there are that live amongst us that take advantage of such a tragic situation ALL FOR THE MONETARY GAIN OF A FEW MEASLEY BUCKS!..again arrggghhh!:furious:

I'm sad to see that Brookelyn is seeming to fall into that all too often seen category of growing cold..her family and loved ones just left to hang in the hellish limbo of just-not-knowing!.. And IMO that is one of the worst hells that especially a parent is left with in these all too often..and all too similar of situations as we have here with Brookelyn.. She's just gone..with no answers as to the how/why/where..I do strongly believe the LE AND the family do "know" the *who* it is that is responsible for taking Brookelyn from them..but as we all know its the issue of "proving" in a court of law what it is that that they "know" about the perpetrator that is responsible for Brookelyn's death(IMO).. Meanwhile all her precious loved ones suffer day in, and day out Just-not-knowing..and therefor clinging to any tiny bit of hope that they can find just to make it through the day..the weeks..and then the weeks that inevitably are turning into months..

Its heartbreaking and its just all too often that we see this same/similar scenario play out time and time again all across this globe, with different victims and their precious loved ones left behind to deal with the life long effects of what the actions of a selfish, sick predator has left for them to deal with..

Its heartbreaking as well as angering!!.. God bless Brookelyn's family, friends, and loved ones.. I pray that the answers and evidence needed is found much sooner rather than later so, that they may bring their beautiful young daughter home to lay to rest as they see fitting and see justice served on behalf of what's been done to her..

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

Really sad case. So little media attention, glad to see the above two ^^ stories.

Snipped from the news -"""""""
Farthing’s family said the teen sent multiple text messages overnight trying to get a ride home from the party....... she texted her ex-fiance to pick her up, but later said she no longer needed a ride and was heading to a party in another county..."""""""

I don't buy her on the one hand wanting a ride home - then saying she no longer needed a ride and was going to another party.....

i live in the area and i can say that very early on LE kind of dropped the ball on this one. i remember when this was first reported and for atleast the first week LE and media said the fire and disappearance were unrelated...they may have stepped it up maybe a week or so later, but i think at first it was treated like a "party girl" situation and not seen as serious...just my thoughts on the media attention around here....sadly...:twocents:

i live in the area and i can say that very early on LE kind of dropped the ball on this one. i remember when this was first reported and for atleast the first week LE and media said the fire and disappearance were unrelated...they may have stepped it up maybe a week or so later, but i think at first it was treated like a "party girl" situation and not seen as serious...just my thoughts on the media attention around here....sadly...:twocents:

That kind of dropping the ball in cases is all to commonplace - good point!

:welcome: to Websleuths, foofusmagee!

Thank you for your post and local perspective on Brookelyn's case. :gthanks:

:welcome: to Websleuths, foofusmagee!

Thank you for your post and local perspective on Brookelyn's case. :gthanks:

Oh, forgive, neverletgo - I missed rolling out the :wagon:

Glad to you are here foofusmagee :welcome:

Oh, forgive, neverletgo - I missed rolling out the :wagon:

Glad to have you hear!

I suppose you can be forgiven, OldSteve, but just this one time! ;)

Do you think that a lot of the locals also feel this way, foofus?

thanks for the welcome guys!!:loveyou:

i can remember when this all went down and i can tell you, it left a bad taste in my mouth, it really seemed like they, (LE) were not that concerned, at first. i know a few people posted some stories that were in the media, but it went from (for me) strange disappearance to "look for fresh dug graves" real fast, with in a week, week and a half, with no real reason why....really hadnt heard much on it lately, except that huff post story which has much more info than i had heard around here....

i can remember when this all went down and i can tell you, it left a bad taste in my mouth, it really seemed like they, (LE) were not that concerned, at first. i know a few people posted some stories that were in the media, but it went from (for me) strange disappearance to "look for fresh dug graves" real fast, with in a week, week and a half, with no real reason why....really hadnt heard much on it lately, except that huff post story which has much more info than i had heard around here....

quoting myself to make sure you guys realize that when i said "more info than around here" i meant here in KY and not on WS ...you guys do great things when you can and i think thats great....i wish i had more on this, but so far nothing...i fear the worst for this girl....if there are anymore KY WSer out there, i would like to hear from you guys, anyone heard anything?

This is a strange case - SO little attention, it's like she did not matter, she wasn't important.... Puff! she's gone and that it. So, so sad.... a young life gone...

Just saw this.....

MADISON COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - Nearly six months after she disappeared state police have resumed the search for a missing Madison County teenager.

Brookelyn Farthing disappeared on June 22. She was last seen at a house on Dillon Court in Berea.

Tuesday morning, investigators returned to a wooded area not far from where she vanished have returned to the area to look for more clues.

Police say there wasn't any particular tip that led them to hilly area where Horse Cove Road dead ends, they're just going over areas they've searched before hoping they'll see something new.

Police tell us with the leaves now down they're hoping they'll see something they hadn't seen before. They also say they wanted to wait until after deer hunting season. They had hoped that a hunter would stumble across something and give them a call, but they say that didn't happen. The search area is only a mile and a half from the place where farthing was last seen at the house on Dillon Court. State police have searched several wooded areas in the surrounding part of the county, but no breaks just yet.

Farthing's family has placed billboards across central Kentucky asking for information about her disappearance.

sad to think they were waiting for hunters to "stumble across something and give them a call"......pretty weak police work there.:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@
Back