Found Safe KY - Charlee Campbell, 2, *autistic* & Pitbull Terrier Named Penny, Bullitt County, 7 Jun 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am absolutely positive that Penny kept Charlee safe and warm, and led her back home. What a dog.

I'm worried now with CPS stepping in that Charlee is going to be taken away from everyone she knows *and her Penny*, and end up in the system. Maybe this is a wake up call to Grandma and Grandpa to remind them, you have to watch a 2 year old every second of every day. No excuses!
I really hope she isn’t put into the system and the grandparents are able to realize what Charlee’s needs are. I think it’ll turn out ok for them. I have no question about whether this girl is loved or not. Shoot, my lil sister ran off down the street butt naked so many times as a toddler, if we had lived in a rural area she would’ve gotten lost too. But what is so beautiful is Penny not leaving her sight. Just such a beautiful tick-ridden ending! The mom needs to grow up but yeah so many families are effed up and kids suvive. Me included!

I really hope she isn’t put into the system and the grandparents are able to realize what Charlee’s needs are. I think it’ll turn out ok for them. I have no question about whether this girl is loved or not. Shoot, my lil sister ran off down the street butt naked so many times as a toddler, if we had lived in a rural area she would’ve gotten lost too. But what is so beautiful is Penny not leaving her sight. Just such a beautiful tick-ridden ending! The mom needs to grow up but yeah so many families are effed up and kids suvive. Me included!

I am hoping the grandparents can get some parenting assistance. After seeing both grandma and grandpa with Charlee I feel that they really do love her.

Probably they didn’t think that they would be raising a two year old at this stage of their lives.

I don’t know what resources are available in their county but if they could get some assistance I think it would be best to keep them together with Charlee and Penny. Even little things, like help with childproofing their home, maybe a preschool or head start program a few days or every morning.

It seems that the only stability Charlee has in her life is her grandparents and her dog.

I could be wrong, let me double check real quick before you run with my thoughts :)

I’m sorry. I should have been more specific when I answered a previous post regarding a cadaver dog alerting on blood. The dog will DEFINITELY alert on blood that came from a decomposing body, but not blood from something like a cut knee or a nose bleed from a living person.

I still wonder what the cadaver dogs were interested in at the pool. Four different dogs independently hit on the pool, one fog even jumped in

When that was reported I was absolutely sick, and just certain this wouldn’t end well.

Extremely happy that everything turned out the way it did, Charlee and Penny are safe.

But still........what is up with that pool?
Right? I hope LE goes back to take a second look just to rule out anything nefarious.

Grandpa seems to really care. I hope she feels love in her life.

Grandma's shirt.... nobody asked you. Well, ok. True, but plenty of people were hoping and helping, without being asked.

I'm going to let my brain believe that this event might have saved her life. We have seen so many cases with a child who is killed. And now, cps is stepping in for a live child. Now let's hope the (very broken) system works like it should for this baby. She's been through enough.

Grandpa seems to really care. I hope she feels love in her life.

Grandma's shirt.... nobody asked you. Well, ok. True, but plenty of people were hoping and helping, without being asked.

I'm going to let my brain believe that this event might have saved her life. We have seen so many cases with a child who is killed. And now, cps is stepping in for a live child. Now let's hope the (very broken) system works like it should for this baby. She's been through enough.
Yes, but how often do we see that they are not safe in foster homes, either. I can't really see what these grandparents have done that was that bad.
Yes, grandma overslept, but that is hardly a crime. Careless, yes, but not done with intent to harm.

I’m sorry. I should have been more specific when I answered a previous post regarding a cadaver dog alerting on blood. The dog will DEFINITELY alert on blood that came from a decomposing body, but not blood from something like a cut knee or a nose bleed from a living person.
Yes, that was what I meant as well. That they won’t alert of blood from a person that is alive.

Yes, but how often do we see that they are not safe in foster homes, either. I can't really see what these grandparents have done that was that bad.
Yes, grandma overslept, but that is hardly a crime. Careless, yes, but not done with intent to harm.
They aren't safe in foster! Many times. Such a broken system! I think it's bigger than this 1 incident. My hope is she stays with her grandparents with cps oversight. Or maybe grandpa can be around more. He really does seem to care. He's obviously somewhat responsible, going to work at 530am. Now they need to keep felons out.

Why am I not surprised? Hoping she hasn’t been sexually assaulted. Just sayin.... The sheriff seems to know a lot more than we do and he’s been very skeptical. Either way it’s Very sad. :(

Last edited:
I have seen CPS remove kids simply because one escaped like this. There does not have to be anymore to it. I highly doubt she was sexually assaulted. I'm sure they just want to make sure the home is safe and resources are in place. I will be surprised if Charlee isn't home soon.

When my kids were small they came and woke me up when they got up...there was no "oversleeping" or need to set an alarm. I thought was normal in most families o_O

It may have been the norm in this house, until the day Charlee didn't wake her up. As long as this isn't a regular occurrence I think it can be forgiven and remedied so it doesn't happen again.

I have seen CPS remove kids simply because one escaped like this. There does not have to be anymore to it. I highly doubt she was sexually assaulted. I'm sure they just want to make sure the home is safe and resources are in place. I will be surprised if Charlee isn't home soon.

It may have been the norm in this house, until the day Charlee didn't wake her up. As long as this isn't a regular occurrence I think it can be forgiven and remedied so it doesn't happen again.
Yep. All it may take is that grandpa locks the door when he goes to work.

I pray she hasn’t been harmed in any way. Just not used to seeing CPS take toddlers away from their families just because they escaped the house and got lost while mom or grandma was sleeping. I’m actually used to seeing them wait a little too long before intervening. Either way they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Foster home poses a huge risk. And we don’t know anything about the grandparents. Just because they care for Charlee doesn’t mean they’re fit to take care of her. I really feel for this little girl.

I pray she hasn’t been harmed in any way. Just not used to seeing CPS take toddlers away from their families just because they escaped the house and got lost while mom or grandma was sleeping. I’m actually used to seeing them wait a little too long before intervening. Either way they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Foster home poses a huge risk. And we don’t know anything about the grandparents. Just because they care for Charlee doesn’t mean they’re fit to take care of her. I really feel for this little girl.
I would like to think that CPS are thinking of the child, but they ignore so many obvious cases of abuse, that I think that they are just using this as some kind of PR for them, because it is a high profile and much publicized case.

I would like to think that CPS are thinking of the child, but they ignore so many obvious cases of abuse, that I think that they are just using this as some kind of PR for them.
Sadly possible. I wish government interference actually worked, but it usually doesnt. It's my main reason for not wanting more homeschool oversight. What they already "watch" they can't keep up with. From released prisoners with gps bracelets to child protection. They don't need anything else to claim as theirs and not do well.

I would like to think that CPS are thinking of the child, but they ignore so many obvious cases of abuse, that I think that they are just using this as some kind of PR for them.

I totally agree. It’s disgusting how many children have died because CPS workers weren’t doing their job correctly. For Charlee’s case, I hope they do a thorough check and she ends up wherever she’ll be the happiest and most safe.

CPS seem to remove kids for reasons like this and leave kids for reasons like Lucas etc etc etc. There's really no rhyme or reason with family service agencies, so marking it as there being more to the story or them being negligent or what have you, really seems to place more faith in the system working than it does their usual "where ever the wind blows" approach to doing things.

RBBM. They also let a convicted felon who had an active warrant out for his arrest stay overnight there and "forgot" to tell the police. That may be a factor in the CPS removal as well. I don't think she was removed only because she wandered off, JMO.

A family member, Robert Bailey, was was detained and questioned Friday morning but is no longer considered a person of interest.

Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Bailey was a guest in the home from 11 p.m. on June 6 to 4:30 a.m. on June 7.

Tinnell said the grandmother initially forgot to tell police Bailey was there. He is not a suspect in this case, although Tinnell says he is a convicted felon with an outstanding warrant. He did not say what the warrant was for.
Search continues for missing 2-year-old girl in Bullitt County

I hope whatever happens, it will be what is best for Charlee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back