KY - CP, 13, Leitchfield, 3 Jan 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those statutory rape charges are going to really sting............those are about 15-20 years all by themselves.
Go ahead and stack on a couple of grand theft autos and theft by checks.....that should make it add up to about 30 years all together.

I hope this 18 y.o. didn't make some sort of pact with her in regards to how all of this is going to end. It wouldn't surprise me though. Hopefully the cops can manage to catch them off guard or surprise them so they won't have the opportunity to carry out some kind of suicide pact or attempt a shoot-out. They may be planning to save the last two bullets for themselves.

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/01/15/3642848/dangerous-kentucky-girl-13-and.html

(truck was found abandoned in Georgia)

snipped: Chaffins said the teens ditched a stolen red Toyota pickup they had been driving in Henry County, Ga., south of Atlanta. He said they now might be driving another truck that disappeared in that area about the time the Toyota was left.

The second truck had two handguns in the back when it disappeared, he said. The Toyota also had a gun on board when it was stolen, police have said.

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/01/15/3642848/dangerous-kentucky-girl-13-and.html

(truck was found abandoned in Georgia)

snipped: Chaffins said the teens ditched a stolen red Toyota pickup they had been driving in Henry County, Ga., south of Atlanta. He said they now might be driving another truck that disappeared in that area about the time the Toyota was left.

The second truck had two handguns in the back when it disappeared, he said. The Toyota also had a gun on board when it was stolen, police have said.

So they went from Kentucky, to South Carolina, and then down into Georgia. I guess that pretty much explains why they haven't had much luck tracking them down.....these kids are roaming around all over the place like a busload of Japanese tourists.

I never realized it was so common for people to leave guns in their unoccupied vehicles, now he has TWO handguns. Or, could it be that this 18 y.o. is just lucky in a really bad way ??

Is it a crime if they take a truck that has a gun it? Could the owner file a report of stolen property even if the gun was not used in the crime spree?

sorry for my silly question

Is it a crime if they take a truck that has a gun it? Could the owner file a report of stolen property even if the gun was not used in the crime spree?

sorry for my silly question

Do you mean is it an additional crime?

I would think that as long as they don't use the gun it wouldn't bring additional charges. Think about if there happened to be drugs in the car…if they used them or sold them then, yes, maybe more charges but if they left them alone then I'd think "no harm, no foul".

Do you mean is it an additional crime?

I would think that as long as they don't use the gun it wouldn't bring additional charges. Think about if there happened to be drugs in the car…if they used them or sold them then, yes, maybe more charges but if they left them alone then I'd think "no harm, no foul".

yes, that is what I meant

Unfortunately, social media being what it is, and young people being SO insanely plugged into social media, these two young people know *exactly* what it takes to become "instantly famous" no matter how awful that sounds. I have no idea if they're tracking themselves to see if they're trending anywhere but I would not be surprised AT ALL if they are.

That old "15 minutes of fame" and the new generation being so narcissistic without even realizing they are is an utter recipe for disaster. I only hope LE intercepts them before they decide to go out in a blaze of "glory". :(

From what I've read on C's FB, I can see her looking back in 10 years and thinking "holy carp, what was I thinking?" I'd like to see her living a decent, respectable life 10 years from now.

Unfortunately, social media being what it is, and young people being SO insanely plugged into social media, these two young people know *exactly* what it takes to become "instantly famous" no matter how awful that sounds. I have no idea if they're tracking themselves to see if they're trending anywhere but I would not be surprised AT ALL if they are.

That old "15 minutes of fame" and the new generation being so narcissistic without even realizing they are is an utter recipe for disaster. I only hope LE intercepts them before they decide to go out in a blaze of "glory". :(

From what I've read on C's FB, I can see her looking back in 10 years and thinking "holy carp, what was I thinking?" I'd like to see her living a decent, respectable life 10 years from now.

Does her FB page have a baby sonogram as the background picture?

I've been wondering if these two kids are actually getting help through people on social media.........young teens like themselves egging them on, and possibly even helping to finance their cross country trip.

I don't how it is that they are able to travel so far, eat meals, and find decent lodging at night when all I've heard they have stolen thus far is $40 at a Wal-mart.

Of course, there may have been a lot of theft and stealing that either hasn't been connected to them, hasn't been reported, or hasn't even been noticed yet.

I think little Daisy Mae is going to get burned out on the fugitive lifestyle before too long, if she isn't already. No hot showers, no running water, no makeup, wearing the same clothes for a week, sleeping in a cramped vehicle at night, always looking over your shoulder, plus the fear and anxiety associated with getting caught.

It's not an easy thing for grown men to endure, much less a skinny little teen girl.

Hard to feel sorry for her........ she's 13, she knows right from wrong.

BBM
Wow. She's still a minor with an adult male "bf" - albeit a young adult male. And we don't know how willing she is in any of this. Maybe it started out that she wanted in, then didn't want in, if things changed. IDK. She's 13, not 17 or 18. To me that's a huge difference. I agree kids that age know right from wrong, but they can also be easily manipulated and they can make very dangerous and bad decisions based on "being in lurve." (imo)

IDK, of course, but I doubt she'd be into these illegal ventures without the bf. It's difficult to cover a lot of ground fast, get away, "get things done" etc as a child, a petite one at that, and without a vehicle and or the ability (or license) to drive it.

Mother of missing Grayson County 13-year-old says teens asked for money (WDRB FOX-41, Louisville, KY)

The 13-year-old girl and her 18-year-old boyfriend, Dalton Hayes, asked for $100 in a text message.

"She said, 'We're just going to run'," Peters said. "I said, 'No, you don't need to do this,' because Dalton was supposed to be in court that Monday morning."

Both of Cheyenne's parents say the teen is notorious for lying, and may have told Hayes she was 19 when the relationship began. There are also concerns of a pregnancy.

I "bolded" that as it makes it seem less like this is an older boy taking advantage of a younger girl. That quote was from her parents speaking to the media, not his parents trying to justify why their son did something like this.

BBM
Wow. She's still a minor with an adult male "bf" - albeit a young adult male. And we don't know how willing she is in any of this. Maybe it started out that she wanted in, then didn't want in, if things changed. IDK. She's 13, not 17 or 18. To me that's a huge difference. I agree kids that age know right from wrong, but they can also be easily manipulated and they can make very dangerous and bad decisions based on "being in lurve." (imo)

IDK, of course, but I doubt she'd be into these illegal ventures without the bf. It's difficult to cover a lot of ground fast, get away, "get things done" etc as a child, a petite one at that, and without a vehicle and or the ability (or license) to drive it.

She can chose to call 911 or go to the nearest police station if she chooses to. She is more than a willing participant at this time.

Hell, she can run to the nearest house and ask for help.

She can call mommy and daddy and end all this. She chooses not to.

Now they are breaking into homes. (according to this article).

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/young-couple-wanted-string-crimes/njptB/

I will not feel sorry for them if they end up getting shot/ and or killed because someone is defending their family/home.

jmo

Wow. Just looked through her FB. Cheyenne looks much older. Never in a million years would I have thought that's a kid in 7th grade.

I don't how it is that they are able to travel so far, eat meals, and find decent lodging at night when all I've heard they have stolen thus far is $40 at a Wal-mart.

Even if the stolen truck had a full tank, that wouldn't make it from Leitchfield to Georgia. I don't know if even a "hybrid" with a full tank could do it. Trucks generally eat through more gas than even a big car.

Just watched the video in the above link. Her mom had lost custody, but had been reunited. So, was she living with mom or does someone else have custody?

They are probably getting money by taking it when they break into houses.

The 18 year old had a court date for outstanding burglary and theft charges.

Even if the stolen truck had a full tank, that wouldn't make it from Leitchfield to Georgia. I don't know if even a "hybrid" with a full tank could do it. Trucks generally eat through more gas than even a big car.

They ditched the car they were driving from kentucky in south carolina and stole a truck there and then drove down to georgia where they stole another truck.

Grayson sheriff fears missing teens' situation could get 'dangerous' (Lexington Herald-Leader, Lexington KY)

Authorities confirmed that the Kentucky teens were seen in Manning, S.C., on Monday, driving the red Toyota, which had been stolen from Kentucky.

Manning Police Chief Blair Shaffer told The State newspaper in South Carolina on Thursday that Hayes and Phillips apparently bought some mints at a Wal-Mart there, using stolen checks. They wrote two separate checks for $20 each over the amount, taking a total of $40 in cash, Shaffer said.

He told The State that the pair probably were no longer in the area.

Update: Manning police have ‘no reason to believe’ runaway Kentucky teens are still in town (The State, Columbia, SC)

“If these kids are around and they are reading this story, call us at the police department,” Shaffer said. “These two kids need some help, and I know their parents are worried for them.”

According to Grayson Sheriff Norman Chaffins, a firearm was in the Toyota truck when it was stolen.

Hayes is wanted for custodial interference and other offenses, and both are suspected in at least two felony thefts and other crimes, Chaffins said in an earlier news release. He said the two needed to be found and apprehended "as their behavior is becoming increasingly brazen and dangerous."

They ditched the car they were driving from kentucky in south carolina and stole a truck there and then drove down to georgia where they stole another truck.

From Leitchfield, I'd want a full-tank if I were going to Nashville (just one state south of us). Leitchfield would be about the same distance as from where I live, at least in terms of going south on I-65.

South Carolina and Georgia (or North Carolina or Alabama or Mississippi) definitely fall into the "you'll have to stop for gas at least once" category in relation to Grayson County and most parts of KY.

I am pretty sure that the vehicle stolen close to home was a truck, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn
Back