KY - CP, 13, Leitchfield, 3 Jan 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://news.yahoo.com/teen-crime-spree-abusive-family-motive-running-152358179.html

"I don't have anything against him. I'm not upset with this boy. He's a boy. And apparently he thinks something of my daughter. He's just not thinking clearly," Shawn Phillips told The Associated Press

"Shawn Phillips said he and his wife divorced before CPwas born. "
."

Well, this makes more sense. Smh. Dad says he has no hard feelings. He knocked up her mom at 15 when he was 25. Her parents had no problem with it, becausethe age difference is half theirs. I wouldn't be surprised if it started when she was 13 and he was 23.

ETA- read the article more. He divorced her before c was born? Her mom was divorced at 15? I'm assuming that means her parents signed off on her marrying that young to a man 10 years older?

."

Well, this makes more sense. Smh. Dad says he has no hard feelings. He knocked up her mom at 15 when he was 25. Her parents had no problem with it, becausethe age difference is half theirs. I wouldn't be surprised if it started when she was 13 and he was 23.

ETA- read the article more. He divorced her before c was born? Her mom was divorced at 15? I'm assuming that means her parents signed off on her marrying that young to a man 10 years older?

I know...WTH? He divorced a pregnant 15 yr old? ok....?

."

bbm

Yes, True North, that's what it sounds like... Surely parents of a 15 y/o would have to give their permission, even back in 1987 or so. The yahoo article states:

Shawn Phillips said he and his wife divorced before CP was born. He said he and his grandparents have raised her since she was 3 on their farm near Clarkson, where he said C had everything she could ever want.

from: http://news.yahoo.com/teen-crime-spree-abusive-family-motive-running-152358179.html

Was she with her mother after she was born until she was 3 years old? Dunno, but I guess so. So how did her father & his grandparents get custody when C was three?

This is just nutz.

Are we SURE her mom is 28 and it wasn't a misprint? This says C has 2 older siblings. 3 kids at 15?

I noticed that too -- one of those situations has to be wrong, seems to me: either she was older than 15 when she gave birth to C, or C's brothers were not born of C's mother (and if not, where did they originate?)... unless Peters had the first child of the three of them when she was 12 or 13 years old.

Nutz. Just Nutz.

I don't even know where it came from that mom is 28. I never did see that in any msm link but I suppose it's possible. She sure as heck doesn't look 28. I'd be inclined to guess 48, easy. I once knew a girl who was 14, had a 1 year old baby and her mother (the grandmother) was 28. Yeah... I know. :(

A girl in my young mom's group, way back when, got pregnant at 13, baby at 14. Her 2nd was born when she was 16. That's super young. That's why I was thinking 3 at 15 is crazy!

34, as north dakota posted, makes more sense. Though, divorced with 3 kids at 21 is still sad.

I hate saying this, but I believe him. I don't think he's a bright guy and absolutely should have known, but I don't think he did.

I hate saying this, but I believe him. I don't think he's a bright guy and absolutely should have known, but I don't think he did.

I would too, except this makes me think he found out before they left.

Martin said the couple had been dating for about three months. She said the girl portrayed herself as being 19. By the time her son realized she was only 13, "he was already done in love with her," Martin said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-crime-spree-teen-motive-20150120-story.html

Kaydence, I believe him too. I only say this because he apparently was very welcomed by C's mother into her home and knew about the relationship. An 18 y/o would understand why "daddy's girl" wouldn't want her to date or be in a relationship, so that was easy for C to explain away. But MOM, on the other hand, had no qualms with her dating this boy, and I am 90% sure she knew his age/C's lying about her's for "lurve."

ETA: The fact that MOM was arrested and charged further bolsters my feelings. She knew it was inappropriate and LE knew she knew it was inappropriate and yet fostered the relationship anyway.

I guess the key question is, when exactly did he find out she was 13? When they were on the run? If it was before that, then I have zero sympathy for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back