KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! His number one concern should be finding Crystal, finding mommy for his child and her children. He can deal with clearing his name later!

Their relationship wasn't doing well. Sounds like they were with each other more out of inertia and for the child. I don't see why he should bend over backwards to find her, since he certainly doesn't claim to love her.

http://m.kystandard.com/kystandard/db_321818/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=zHKAB39d

Rogers’ mother, Sherry Ballard, said Monday Houck has “Eli” in his custody.

“He’s with his daddy, and his daddy won’t let me see him,” she said.

Very telling to me and also says a lot about his character IMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If my husband went missing, and his family were pointing their finger at me and accusing me of having had something to do with it, you can bet I wouldn't let my kids see them either. Last thing I need is them filling their heads with the idea that mommy hurt daddy.

Can someone pull up real estate listings? I wonder how many rentals and where? In both of their names? Looking at BH's truck, he does construction.

Love her or not, she is the mother of his child!!!! On the prayer fb page, her estranged husband is looking for her!!! If you love your children then you should have some respect or compassion when their mommy is missing. JMO

Anyone know if the bodies of water near where the car was found have been searched?

Love her or not, she is the mother of his child!!!! On the prayer fb page, her estranged husband is looking for her!!! If you love your children then you should have some respect or compassion when their mommy is missing. JMO

Not when you might go to jail for something you didn't do. In many cases, even when it is love between spouses, the threat of a life sentence kicks in your survival instinct pretty fast.

Of course, the ex husband is more engaged in finding her. He is not a suspect.

I tend to think they did visit his relative's home. Why place others in the position of providing a phony alibi. Assuming they would be willing to lie, it's very risky. Even when telling the truth, people sometimes mix up details when interviewed by LE. A person lying for another is much more likely to get confused and go off script.

The same goes for the "showing the property" story. That can be checked out, and he knows it. It makes no sense to add it unnecessarily. Instead, (IF he's lying), I'd think he would have come up with a more detailed picture of a lovely, quiet evening at home with just the toddler there with them.

As for the route from his family's property to home, the car's location is in the opposite direction. Also, her dad told NG that there would be no reason for Crystal to be on the road where the car was found.

Yes I agree why bring others into it.

So building our own timeline perhaps they arrived at the party, get together around 6 or 7 and she turned off the phone. Or maybe the battery did die and that's why she didn't return her daughters 6pm phone call and another one at 9. I believe those are the times Crystals daughter told grandma she could not reach her mother.

I would love to hear somebody from the farm party speak and say what time they arrived and left.

I missed that about the location of the car being in a place Crystal would not go. Looking at the map it did seem a bit out of the way but sometimes it is but it also is main highways people like to use.

Where are you Crystal?

He isn't looking for her bc he is guilty. Hate or not you show some sort of endearment. You can't pump a 2 1/2 yr olds head. If roles were reversed would he want her to keep the baby from his family? Reverse roles? LuLu4 have you heard this guy on Nancy Grace? I think he had all day Saturday to get rid of the body

Yes I agree why bring others into it.

So building our own timeline perhaps they arrived at the party, get together around 6 or 7 and she turned off the phone. Strange she didn't return her daughters 6pm phone call and another one at 9. I believe those are the times Crystals daughter told grandma she could not reach her mother.

I would love to hear somebody from the farm party speak and say what time they arrived and left.

I missed that about the location of the car being in a place Crystal would not go. Looking at the map it did seem a bit out of the way but sometimes it is but it also is main highways people like to use.

Where are you Crystal?

I have family that live in Elizabethtown and whenever I'm out there, if I'm not connected to their wifi, then I have no signal on my phone. I wonder if the daughter was trying to get a hold of her while they were at the relatives get together. Usually, the only time my phone has any signal out in that area is when I'm on the bluegrass parkway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He isn't looking for her bc he is guilty. Hate or not you show some sort of endearment. You can't pump a 2 1/2 yr olds head. If roles were reversed would he want her to keep the baby from his family? Reverse roles? LuLu4 have you heard this guy on Nancy Grace? I think he had all day Saturday to get rid of the body

If he were guilty, perhaps he would fake caring.

My point is that his reactions are very human. To me they indicate neither guilt, nor innocence. You simply don't know how you react in such a situation. No one is a saint.

Very human? His common law wife/live-in girlfriend/mother of his child is missing and he's not allowing her family to see the child, he's not involved in any of the searches, he's not expressed any concern for where she might be, he's not used his time on Nancy Grace to plead for her safe return (like her parents have), he's done jack-*****. These are not normal human reactions to the mysterious disappearance of one's partner, under any circumstance. *smh*

If he were guilty, perhaps he would fake caring.

My point is that his reactions are very human. To me they indicate neither guilt, nor innocence. You simply don't know how you react in such a situation. No one is a saint.

Every one is entitled to their own opinion. Thank you LayzeeDayzee ! For having common sense. Your child's mother is missing.. You care enough for your child to not have a mommy.

Timeline- Wednesday last time mom sees daughter
Friday-Goes to Walmart with kids Takes two kids to ex house
Brings two home to bf
Shows rental
Home after 5
Ate dinner at home
7:30 headed to family farm
Return home last seen up playing on phone at 12 am with a 2 yr old running lose through home.
Saturday 4th- bf wakes up, crystal gone.
Bf said he called in morning and around lunch
Bf goes to 4th event without gf just two yr old.
5th-Sunday mom can't get in touch with crystal since Friday knows goes to the police
Dad And brother find car
PLEASe add in times if known and other info if anyone knows more. Let's get our own timeline

Very human? His common law wife/live-in girlfriend/mother of his child is missing and he's not allowing her family to see the child, he's not involved in any of the searches, he's not expressed any concern for where she might be, he's not used his time on Nancy Grace to plead for her safe return (like her parents have), he's done jack-*****. These are not normal human reactions to the mysterious disappearance of one's partner, under any circumstance. *smh*

Like I said, his actions are perfectly understandable.

No, I would not let my kids spend time with people who think I murdered their mother. Would you?

Yes, I would spend the time defending myself when I am made out to be the prime suspect in a murder case.

Can you imagine what the comments here would be if he had pleaded for her safe return/helped with the searches? "Psychopath, liar, double crossed, he has a lot of guts coming on national tv and asking for her return, when he knows all alone where she is" and so on and so forth. No matter what he does, he is roasted. So he might as well spend his time making sure his kid isn't left without a mother and a father.

I lived in Hardin County (just outside of E-town city limits) near Bluegrass Parkway for 3 years & we never had an issue with cell service. Our service there was great.

I lived in Hardin County (just outside of E-town city limits) near Bluegrass Parkway for 3 years & we never had an issue with cell service. Our service there was great.

Where I live, which is just a county east from Nelson, my service is good in my neighborhood and usually driving down the highways. It's usually when i get to roads that are further out that I have trouble with my service. It's the same for when I'm in etown. Once I'm farther outside of city limits, my service is sketchy once I'm not on any highways. Most of my family have houses that sit on a lot of land and I have to connect to wifi because I have no signal. My parents have a lake house in Grayson and it's even spottier out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes, Grayson county especially near Rough River has terrible cell service!!!

There's one detail about this case that keeps gnawing at me, but I haven't seen it addressed much.

It seems rather likely that Crystal wasn't driving her car when it got a nail in the tire and went flat out on that stretch of highway. Granted, all of her stuff was in there, but I don't think she was. The flat tire was a big surprise and an unpredicted obstacle in the attempt to cover up and hide this crime. It appears that the car was being taken to a different location in an attempt to create a buffer zone from where the crime occurred to where her vehicle would ultimately be found. This would have transferred the search zone over 25 miles away from Bardstown, and possibly a lot further.

Now, where would this car have been headed ? Elizabethtown ? Some other small town ? Close to an ex-boyfriends house ?

The person that was transporting the vehicle, how did he/she plan on getting back to Bardstown after the car was abandoned ?

I think I may have the answer. Two people involved, one driving her vehicle, one following behind.
When Crystals car got an unexpected flat tire, the person following simply pulled over, stopped, and picked up the driver right there on the side of the road. It would have been too risky to put on a spare tire there on the shoulder, since a highway patrol could come along at any minute.

Even though planting her car in another town and staging a crime scene was part of the plan, it turned out to be a huge failure, so that part of the plan was abandoned. Either way, the person driving her car was going to have to make it back to Bardstown.

It seems like to me that at least two people have to be involved in this caper. They need to look very seriously into any women that Houck may have known and communicated with. To me, this almost screams out a female helping a male get rid of his troublesome girlfriend.

Motive? Well, maybe he wanted sole custody of their child. Maybe he didn't want to be saddled with child support payments for the rest of his life. Maybe he just liked this other woman better and wanted to start up a family with her instead. IF it turns out that Houck is behind this, then it appears to be premeditated and planned out in advance, but I still think he had an accomplice, simply due to the attempt to move her car far away from the scene of the crime. Somebody picked up the person driving that car when it got a flat tire, and even if it hadn't gotten a flat tire, that same person was going to give him a ride back home to Bardstown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB