KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first NG transcript, an unidentified female stated " the tireS were flat". Also, whoever harmed CR could have left the car on the highway and placed the nail in there, not necessarily driving on the nail. AND...CR (IMO) was not driving or in the car.

So many scenarios. None of them good.

I can't stop thinking about CR.

Also in one of the NG trascripts the sheriff is quoted as saying:

MATTINGLY: First appearance, we will be sending the tire to the lab, but it appears the nail was worn, as if it had been wedged down into the*

tire and driven on. The tracks at the scene also indicate that the car came to the side of the road, driving on the rim.*

You can find that in this earlier post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-Parkway-3-July-2015&p=11913624#post11913624

I think that debunks the theory of the nail being placed in the tire at the side of the road.

JMO

I'm still very curious if the seat was moved back or in the position Crystal would usually sit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
'

Another way to tell if someone else was driving a car is the rear view mirror position. Placing someone the same height as CR into the car and seeing if the mirror is positioned correctly for that person will tell you if someone around the same height, taller or shorter was driving.

'

Another way to tell if someone else was driving a car is the rear view mirror position. Placing someone the same height as CR into the car and seeing if the mirror is positioned correctly for that person will tell you if someone around the same height, taller or shorter was driving.
Excellent point!!!!! Side mirrors too! I wonder if someone else drove the car that they were smart enough to those details.

I know it is probably just coincidence, but Larissa Sam disappeared under similar circumstances, I.e. Flat tire, keys and phone in car, and that happened in Indianapolis, only a few hundred miles away. http://fox59.com/2015/06/25/missing-police-search-for-missing-23-year-old-larissa-sam/

This case is very similar to Karen Swift disappearance also.

Car found along the road with flat tire, only a mile or so from her home. Body found about 30 days later hidden near a cemetery a few miles from home in opposite direction from where the car was. In order to get from the car to where the body was found the killer would have had to drive past Karen's house. Speculation is that someone stopped to give her a ride home but kept on going or that her husband is responsible. They were in the process of getting a divorce but were still living together at the time. To date the case remains unsolved.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?153367-TN-Karen-Swift-44-Dyersburg-30-Oct-2011-1

Excellent point!!!!! Side mirrors too! I wonder if someone else drove the car that they were smart enough to those details.

IMO...I know if I were to jump in a car and I am 8-10 inches taller than the person who drives the car...I technically could squeeze in the seat and just drive hunched over but that would look funny and draw attention so by instinct I would put the seat back a bit but I for sure would not be worrying about adjusting any of the mirrors...I would just lean forward/sideways etc to get the proper angle to see traffic in those mirrors. I wouldn't bother touching any mirrors or buttons or levers for a car I might only be in for 20 to 30 minutes (leaving possible trace DNA/fibres behind if wearing gloves). I assume if someone else was in that car, in this day and age they would remember to put seat back close to original position after watching movies/CSI shows/Law & Order where criminal always forgets to put the seat back haha.

If driver's seat used one of those metal bars or lever under front seat to adjust seat forward or back, it would be interesting to know if it had her finger prints on it or oils (DNA) or if it was smudged or free of any of her traces because that could mean gloves were used to adjust seat or wiped clean after being in the car. All hypothetical of course.

MATTINGLY: First appearance, we will be sending the tire to the lab, but it appears the nail was worn, as if it had been wedged down into the*

tire and driven on. The tracks at the scene also indicate that the car came to the side of the road, driving on the rim.*

You can find that in this earlier post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-Parkway-3-July-2015&p=11913624#post11913624

I think that debunks the theory of the nail being placed in the tire at the side of the road.

JMO

Didn't her parents say if she had gotten a flat she would not have stopped and would have driven on the rim? Had the car gone as far as it could on the rim? Also did I read her cell phone was dead when they found it in the car?

LEX18: "Search Continues For Missing Nelson County Mother - Family and friends of Crystal Rogers are continuing their search for her, 3 weeks after she went missing in Nelson County. Search crews returned to the Beech Fork River Saturday. It's one of several scenes they're searching, and where dogs picked up a scent during a search two week ago."

http://www.lex18.com/story/29632665/search-continues-for-missing-nelson-county-mother

I haven't heard from anyone locally that believes that Crystal was in that car when it broke down. This includes her family.

Same here. Surprisingly, that's about all I've heard though. I wonder how long it takes to get the results from Frankfort concerning the car. They should at least say something even if it comes back clean...right? I would hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have we heard anything from LE regarding the estimated speed, distance and trajectory of the car after it left the roadway? The reason I'm curious is because the one scenario where she "might" have been driving would be if she was attempting to flee from someone. Since it wasn't a blowout there should have been a gradual loss of speed. If she was trying to outrun someone the car would most likely be traveling faster and therefore go further once off the road. jmho

I'd be curious as to what they found when they looked at her cell phone as well. If she was the last person to touch it, it would have her prints and if it's anything like mine, all kinds of smudges on the screen. If it didn't, someone else obviously touched it. I can't see a random murderer touching her cell for any reason. But I could see someone who was with her all evening needing to mess with it to make it appear as though she was playing games on her cell phone at midnight.

Same here. Surprisingly, that's about all I've heard though. I wonder how long it takes to get the results from Frankfort concerning the car. They should at least say something even if it comes back clean...right? I would hope!

Not always. In Another case I'm following, they seized and did forensics testing on 3 vehicles back in January and never said either way what results were. In missing persons cases police tend to keep the information hush hush.

JMO

The only other possible scenario I can think of is if Crystal was driving and the tire went flat, most likely would have gotten out of the car to verify that is was a flat. Someone could have been driving by and snatched her. BUT then why would the engine be turned off? Would think she would have left car running when checked things out and car would have been out of gas when found.

Also you would try to call someone right away. There should have been a record of that on her phone. My guess is that there was not a call made.

Her sister said she would have taken her child with her, would not have left him with Brooks, so that debunks theory of meeting with another guy or visiting cousin.

Someone was trying to place that car far from where Crystal is. Probably in a remote area and got the flat unexpectedly. And then called a family member and asked for help.

JMO MOO.

If the family gathering Friday night included a lot of people and they were spread out around the property, for example, some people inside the house, some in the yard, some in a barn or outbuildings, he may have told people she was there with him when she actually wasn't. "Oh she's out in the barn" or "She went in the house to grab something to drink" etc...everyone assumed she was there but they just didn't see her themselves. Now they've probably all talked amongst themselves and realized no one actually saw her but none of them want to say anything.

How far away is the river from where her car was found and how far from bf home?

How far away is the river from where her car was found and how far from bf home?

The Ohio river is a little farther out but it's maybe a 30 minute drive from the parkway. Salt river would be closer but there's a couple lakes that aren't far and a LOOOOT of ponds and other areas of water. Most of the lakes and rivers had fairly big Fourth of July fireworks that weekend that draw a lot of people.

The Ohio river is a little farther out but it's maybe a 30 minute drive from the parkway. Salt river would be closer but there's a couple lakes that aren't far and a LOOOOT of ponds and other areas of water. Most of the lakes and rivers had fairly big Fourth of July fireworks that weekend that draw a lot of people.

Are there many strip pits in the area? I know there was a lot of mining in Kentucky, but not sure where all in the state. They are scattered throughout southern IN, but more concentrated in some areas. Some are insanely deep and I know I've read before that bodies submerged in deep water may never float to the surface.

Not that I'm aware of. There are probably a lot of older wells out there though and I know they mentioned searching every single one. I don't think she's anywhere near that county though.

This is the case that led me to websleuths. I didn't register until the boys on the boat went missing from the town I lived in for 15 years, but I've been keeping an eye on this thread.

I don't know why this one is sticking with me... I feel terrible for her kids. I have 4 boys myself, and I can't imagine how they would react if I went missing.

The boyfriend seems sketchy as all get out, honestly. I don't trust him at all; he gives me the heebies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member