KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/29651686/lmpd-dive-team-searching-nelson-county-lake
Members of the Nelson County Sheriff's Department were at the scene, along with the father of Crystal Rogers, but the family had not been told if the search was related to her disappearance.

??? OK that is a bit confusing.

They interviewed the dad on the news tonight and he said that his search team was at McDonalds this morning and saw all the LE cars go by there. He said they jumped in the car and followed them there. Sad he had to find out that way.

They interviewed the dad on the news tonight and he said that his search team was at McDonalds this morning and saw all the LE cars go by there. He said they jumped in the car and followed them there. Sad he had to find out that way.
Wow, her poor family :( how heart wrenching

Maybe they didn't want it to leak out to MSM or members of the "H" family.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

R
Question. Are search areas guarded between searches? Like they left that cone and stuff but someone could come and move it and evidence hey may find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my guess, but I would hope the area is guarded. It may depend, though, on the jurisdiction, its protocols and resources. I live in a different state, but a friend of mine was surprised walking in the park late one night with his dog. He apparently wandered too close to an area under surveillance by LE. Friend said the officer appeared out of no where, shined a flashlight in his eyes, requested his ID, jotted notes, questioned him a bit then told him to move along. Friend found out later that LE was there earlier in the day searching for a gun that may have been ditched following a robbery. In that case, it was clear the searched area, while not cordoned off, was being watched. Never heard whether the weapon was found. Hoping they have eyes on the search investigators visited today in their search for Crystal.

Edited to correct typo.

R

Just my guess, but I would hope the area is guarded. It may depend, though, on the jurisdiction, its protocols and resources. I live in a different state, but a friend of mine was surprised walking in the park late one night with his dog. He apparently wandered too close to an area under surveillance by LE. Friend said the officer appeared out of no where, shined a flashlight in his eyes, requested his ID, jotted notes, questioned him a bit then told him to move along. Friend found out later that LE was there earlier in the day searching for a gun that may have been ditched following a robbery. In that case, it was clear the searched area, while not cordoned off, was being watched. Never heard whether the weapon was found. Hoping they have eyes on the search investigators visited today in their search for Crystal.

Edited to correct typo.

it is pretty common to leave someone to secure an area in situation like this. For so many reasons.

I added the new search location to the map.

It is about 1 3/4 miles from the family farm.

It's a pretty good sized body of water, gonna take more than a day to search.

I'll bet anything there is a back road that leads from their family property to the lake, you can zoom in and see what looks like trails winding around in that area.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kK0Fs4Ea0lCI&usp=sharing

I'll bet anything there is a back road that leads from their family property to the lake, you can zoom in and see what looks like trails winding around in that area.

I had a good look around on Google Maps earlier looking for trails that might lead to Melody Lake from where Paschal Ballard Road comes to a dead end. You can zoom in much closer on Google Earth too. Attached image showing distance as the crow flies from end of Paschal Ballard Road to edge of lake.

Google Map: https://goo.gl/GNtBC3

SHOW TRANSCRIPT: "...Melody Lake ranges from 4 feet to 15 feet deep and it is between 30 and 40 acres.."
http://www.wlky.com/news/Dive-team-...+Kentucky&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

Attachments

• Capture_Distance.JPG
    Capture_Distance.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 228
I had a good look around on Google Maps earlier looking for trails that might lead to Melody Lake from where Paschal Ballard Road comes to a dead end. You can zoom in much closer on Google Earth too. Attached image showing distance as the crow flies from end of Paschal Ballard Road to edge of lake.

Yeah, a little over a 1/2 mile from the cul-de-sac. That would be easy access as well with an ATV, as long as there aren't any fences along the way.

I'm a little surprised they haven't already searched that lake anyway, I mean, it's right there close to the last place she was reported to have been. I don't think they are going to find anything there, personally. I have a feeling she is buried somewhere.......deep......say like the area that is marked Monks Creek. Heavily wooded, no witnesses, private property, primitive road access.

Just trying to think what I would do...If I wanted to use Melody Lake, I would only drive to the end of PB road since whatever dirt path or road may have been available to use for the next km, this stretch was possible slightly muddy or wet due to rainfall so I would not want to have my vehicle noticeably dirty when I get back or left my tire tracks. Then from end of PB road I would use a sled or something similar to pull what I am needing to hide at the lake.

But now thinking about the abandoned car, if I was the one who planted it there in that direction, I would for sure hide a body in the opposite direction at least 20+ miles away. Based on what info LE was able to retrieve from cell phone records they might have a window of time they think CR went missing and when BH was first witnessed being close to home Saturday morning. If the small gathering Friday night was a rouse and the stories sound fishy, then they may have a 12 - 13 hour window. If the gathering checks out and CR was there with BH and was safe and sound,then LE would be looking at a 7-9 hour window. BH could have pulled over on side of road shortly after leaving family farm, argued with CR, strangled her while 2.5 yr old is sleeping or crying in the back seat. He then has 90 min to 2 hours max to cover up what he did then rush home to make sure CR's phone is pinging at midnight to show his story matches. Then sometime after midnight and before 4am BH abandons her car on side of the road. Either he left his son home sleeping and acted alone and walked home, or he contacted someone for help so he had a ride home because he didn't want to leave his son home alone.

Thank you so much for taking the time to keep the map with the updates. They say 'a picture is worth a thousand words' and yours certainly does.

Does anyone know how what % of the lake they managed to search the first day? I am wondering how many days this may take. Also, is this still making the national news? Or is it just the local media covering it now?

Also, I know there is the unsolved murder of the police officer off the parkway. But does anyone have a link to the other unsolved murder of a woman in Nelson County? I didn't follow that one because we were in the process of trying to move out of state. I lived one county over for 15 years. I actually picked up a female hitchhiker on BG Parkway a few years back on my way back from Nashville and took her home in the opposite direction, adding an hour and a half to my trip because I was extremely concerned about her safety on that stretch of road. I had only encountered two vehicles on it that Sunday, and rarely ever saw police on the parkway in all my years traveling it to get to Lexington. (I know that was stupid on my part, but I decided I could not live with myself if a woman traveling from Lexington to Elizabethtown ended up on the news as being missing in the next few days.)

I actually believe they may have something but small towns will call have all kinds of random tips. A really good detective should come in and give them new light on the case. One not from that area and is neutral to both parties. No ties to anyone. They are being type lipped bc one thing detectives will say is keep it on the down low so if they charge this guy the defense attorney cant try to get a mistrial over a small errors. In small towns word gets around quick. I think they are gathering as much as they can to arrest him. Her own dad didnt know about a search until LE sped past him. It keeps us waitinh and guessing but I feel they know he did it just getting evidence to charge him.

I actually believe they may have something but small towns will call have all kinds of random tips. A really good detective should come in and give them new light on the case. One not from that area and is neutral to both parties. No ties to anyone. They are being type lipped bc one thing detectives will say is keep it on the down low so if they charge this guy the defense attorney cant try to get a mistrial over a small errors. In small towns word gets around quick. I think they are gathering as much as they can to arrest him. Her own dad didnt know about a search until LE sped past him. It keeps us waitinh and guessing but I feel they know he did it just getting evidence to charge him.
Great post. I wholeheartedly agree. IMO LE didn't want anyone to know about search including media. But I can definitely understand why not Crystal's family. If she is recovered from that lake its something her family does not need to see .

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The odd thing is, someone brought up the surviving daughter's name from the above case in a comment on the Crystal Rogers case on Facebook, referencing Houck and her in some photo that has been taken down. But now I can't find the comment. There are 4 Facebook pages I keep checking for info: Pray for Crystal, PLG 13, The Kentucky Standard, and the Bourbon City something. I will try to search again tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper