KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For days now, I've focused on the flat tire and the knowledge that when one picks up a nail it could stay in the tire for days or even weeks without leaking enough air to be noticeable. And in one instance the sheriff stated that the head of the nail was scratched up real good. He also said it was obvious that the car had been driven on the shoulder after the tire had already gone flat. So I thought that it was not possible for him to follow her and wait till it went flat. So it appears to be an unforeseen incident in which either Crystal got stranded or someone who did something to Crystal was going to hide the car and got stranded.

Then it hit me. If I want it to look like Crystal got stranded, I intentionally run over a nail knowing it isn't likely to go flat right then. Then I drive onto Bluegrass Pkwy. If it goes flat on the way, fine. If not, then I get to my spot on the Pkwy and let the air out of the tire via the valve. I then get back in the car and drive it for several hundred yards to a quarter of a mile on the shoulder on the rim. The rim could tear the tire up so bad that you might not be able to tell that I let the air out, but rather the nail APPEARED to be the cause. And if I pick the right spot, I can pull a mountain bike out of the car and go cross country back home. I would have to lift the bike over several fences, but I bet I make the 10-12 miles back home without anyone seeing me as long as I stay off the road. I don't know the roads there, but back where I grew up and where my grandmother lived I could do it. I crossed fences on her farm in the Midwest and could be miles from home.

For days now, I've focused on the flat tire and the knowledge that when one picks up a nail it could stay in the tire for days or even weeks without leaking enough air to be noticeable. And in one instance the sheriff stated that the head of the nail was scratched up real good. He also said it was obvious that the car had been driven on the shoulder after the tire had already gone flat. So I thought that it was not possible for him to follow her and wait till it went flat. So it appears to be an unforeseen incident in which either Crystal got stranded or someone who did something to Crystal was going to hide the car and got stranded.

Then it hit me. If I want it to look like Crystal got stranded, I intentionally run over a nail knowing it isn't likely to go flat right then. Then I drive onto Bluegrass Pkwy. If it goes flat on the way, fine. If not, then I get to my spot on the Pkwy and let the air out of the tire via the valve. I then get back in the car and drive it for several hundred yards to a quarter of a mile on the shoulder on the rim. The rim could tear the tire up so bad that you might not be able to tell that I let the air out, but rather the nail APPEARED to be the cause. And if I pick the right spot, I can pull a mountain bike out of the car and go cross country back home. I would have to lift the bike over several fences, but I bet I make the 10-12 miles back home without anyone seeing me as long as I stay off the road. I don't know the roads there, but back where I grew up and where my grandmother lived I could do it. I crossed fences on her farm in the Midwest and could be miles from home.

Maybe? I don't know about staying off the road though because there are pretty big creeks and mostly just wooded areas a long the parkway. Bardstown isn't huge but it's not really what I would consider rural either. Farther out in the county is where you would run into the big farm houses on a lot of land but there off the exits you run into the city and there's a big Walmart and shopping centers and it's more suburban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe? I don't know about staying off the road though because there are pretty big creeks and mostly just wooded areas a long the parkway. Bardstown isn't huge but it's not really what I would consider rural either. Farther out in the county is where you would run into the big farm houses on a lot of land but there off the exits you run into the city and there's a big Walmart and shopping centers and it's more suburban

Granted, I don't know the area. But my grandmother lived near a creek that I had to cross. In the summer I knew where I could cross it. On the other side there was a town about 2-3 miles away, but I always went to the west of it. I crossed many fences and went for miles in daylight. I didn't go near the farm houses or barns. To the best of my knowledge no one ever saw me and if they did I was so far away I wouldn't be identified. And I was carrying a .22 rifle. If someone saw me and reported me I could have been arrested for trespassing or at least warned, but I did it for years and avoided people. Even in the marshy country of Louisiana where I grew up I knew where I could do this on the main divided highway because I had duck hunted in that area. (Yeah, I know I was a bit of an outlaw hunting on other folks property without permission. That was in my wilder days.) Going 10-12 miles home from there would not be difficult at night. Even though it was overcast that night, there would be enough moonlight to ride through woods and cross creeks.

Come to think of it, I find it somewhat of a coincidence that this was done on a night when there was supposed to be a full moon or close to it. Good planning, if you have to make your way through the dark.

That was the night they went to his moms farm house so maybe nobody else was there besides the the two of them and the baby?
That's the biggest question for me right now, as far as the timeline. Who were the last people to see her besides or in addition to BH? Law enforcement hasn't said. BH himself hasn't said.

I live in a small town next to Nelson and there are spots in my county, further out, where I have spotty phone service so I wonder if maybe she just wasn't getting the texts or calls from her daughter around that time. I have to connect to wi-fi when I'm at my in-laws because I have no service. My phone works along the parkway but it gets sportier when I turn off on the exits.
Totally. And also, for the sake of eliminating confusion, a la "I have service in that area." "Well I don't have ANY service in that area." -- That could just be due to different carriers. I was surprised to learn how much the carriers vary, when I looked into it. But they do.

I have T-Mobile, a major carrier. It's fine in cities, but the coverage in small-town areas or farmland (hardly wilderness!) in southern OH and much of KY is very poor. Passing cell towers, I'd still have no coverage, I presume because they weren't T-Mobile towers. So I think coverage (thus pings) would be highly dependent on the carrier.

Come to think of it, I find it somewhat of a coincidence that this was done on a night when there was supposed to be a full moon or close to it. Good planning, if you have to make your way through the dark.
Unless it's cloudy/rainy, which it was. And often is in this area in the summer, esp June and July. You couldn't possibly count on the full moon helping you home. But, you wouldn't need to. If you had the foresight to bring along a mountain bike, you'd probably bring a flashlight too.

That's the biggest question for me right now, as far as the timeline. Who were the last people to see her besides or in addition to BH? Law enforcement hasn't said. BH himself hasn't said.

Totally. And also, for the sake of eliminating confusion, a la "I have service in that area." "Well I don't have ANY service in that area." -- That could just be due to different carriers. I was surprised to learn how much the carriers vary, when I looked into it. But they do.

I have T-Mobile, a major carrier. It's fine in cities, but the coverage in small-town areas or farmland (hardly wilderness!) in southern OH and much of KY is very poor. Passing cell towers, I'd still have no coverage, I presume because they weren't T-Mobile towers. So I think coverage (thus pings) would be highly dependent on the carrier.

Yeah i agree. I have ATT and my phone works in a lot of places that my husband's doesn't. It's just that area I guess. I can drive down to Gatlinburg, TN and not lose service at all until I'm actually in the mountains.

This case is starting to remind me of Carrie Culberson (SW Ohio, 1990s). I was not studying crime stuff at the time, yet, so I may be off on the details. Folks who know this case, please step in with corrections.

Carrie vanished after a possible fight with her boyfriend, whose family seems to have covered for him to a greater or lesser extent. (One family member was actually convicted and served time for obstruction of justice.)

I think the bf's family even had a connection to law enforcement. And there was a search in an area where a concrete slab, I think the floor of a carport maybe? was poured after her disappearance. Nothing was found, though.

The good news is, even though Carrie's body was never found, her boyfriend was convicted anyway and is serving a life sentence. It's infrequent, but it happens.

Apparently Crystal's family organizing another search this weekend. imo she is not in the areas searched and wont be found. But I understand and respect the cause. If it were my family at this point, I'd gather everyone and sit ... aka...stand in protest at police headquarters demanding some answers.

Speaking of pouring concrete wasn't that one theory on what happened to Natalie Holloway. She went missing and they poured concrete at one of the hotels a man said he saw them at.

I think they had some kind of dog or special equipment they brought in to see if there were remains under that concrete.

Hummm.

Is this a case of going silent until everyone just goes away and forgets? There is a strategy at play here. I just dont know what or by whom or why. I betcha the brothers have lawyered up real good by now. If this happened in nj...the media would be all over it...inside, upside, and backwards. .......we've gotta sleuth these guys deep. Dont give up websleuthers! Five children have lost their mother.

google it. dun and bradstreet listed. guess what they do? equipment rentals. hmmm.

Sitting here realizing I have nothing to add but feeling perplexed, angry, and frustrated! That poor woman's family and friends down there organizing another search and for what? She's never going to be found unless LE battens down the hatches and asks the right questions. Why on earth haven't search warrants been delivered on the places where people said cement was poured right after CR disappeared? Why don't we know anything more about BH's obviously false narrative of the Friday night? Why don't we know what the other kids have said? We still don't even know whether she was at the farm Fri. night, do we? Why the heck is BH's family refusing to cooperate in any way with CR's family, if not to hide stuff? GAHHHHH :tantrum:

I feel your frustration!! BTW, just found something interesting. If you go to the sheriffs dept facebook page...look at posts by peeps...scroll down to one made on july 9 ...it shows text sent to police by woman claiming to have seen c that night. Anyone?

I feel your frustration!! BTW, just found something interesting. If you go to the sheriffs dept facebook page...look at posts by peeps...scroll down to one made on july 9 ...it shows text sent to police by woman claiming to have seen c that night. Anyone?
It was discounted. Her sister confirmed that the girl was making it up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I read that, but I read earlier on the family's FB search page that that woman lied. Why anyone would do that, I don't know. I can only hope that at least it was checked out, but given what appears to be a lacklustre performance on the part of LE, I'm not confident of much

It just hit me, after these past 3 weeks, the daughter who also lived with CR was staying at paternal grandmothers & sent texts and/or calls to CR in the late afternoon but didn't get any response. Around 6pm or 6:30pm she began texting & calling maternal grandmother trelling her she couldn't get a response. Having rehashed all of that, the daughter who lived with CR probably had the closest bond with her, hence her intuition told her to contact her mother at the time she did & when she didn't get a response, her instincts were telling her something wasnt quite right. I'm thinking that whatever happened to CR probably happened when her daughter was trying to reach out to her, NOT later in the evening as BH would have us believe. The energy in the universe, the mother-daughter bond along with daughters intuition doesn't lie.

I keep praying that someone is guided to where CR is. Her little daughter must have felt so helpless that night thinking something wasn't quite right with her mom but being so young not being able to do anything about it but tell an adult or keep texting & calling.

This case is starting to remind me of Carrie Culberson (SW Ohio, 1990s). I was not studying crime stuff at the time, yet, so I may be off on the details. Folks who know this case, please step in with corrections.

Carrie vanished after a possible fight with her boyfriend, whose family seems to have covered for him to a greater or lesser extent. (One family member was actually convicted and served time for obstruction of justice.)

I think the bf's family even had a connection to law enforcement. And there was a search in an area where a concrete slab, I think the floor of a carport maybe? was poured after her disappearance. Nothing was found, though.

The good news is, even though Carrie's body was never found, her boyfriend was convicted anyway and is serving a life sentence. It's infrequent, but it happens.

http://www.findcarrieculberson.com/quickfacts.html

According to the article this guy showed his true colours to his gf but she still went to visit him in jail and based on another incident it seems she was trapped in a violent relationship and when she finally tried to get out...he made up his mind...so sad. 2 years ago they offered this guy parole if he would tell them where Carrie's body was...wow!

Is this a case of going silent until everyone just goes away and forgets? There is a strategy at play here. I just dont know what or by whom or why. I betcha the brothers have lawyered up real good by now. If this happened in nj...the media would be all over it...inside, upside, and backwards. .......we've gotta sleuth these guys deep. Dont give up websleuthers! Five children have lost their mother.

It's really frustrating. I'm hoping they're just doing stuff silently behind the scenes....but I had the same hopes after Ofc Ellis's murder and then after the Netherland's murders. Nelson co isn't somewhere I'd want to be if something bad happened to me, that's for sure.

I keep checking in, hoping they have found her and much to my chagrin, CR remains missing. My heart breaks for her children, who are already living in a seemingly disjointed environment. I can't imagine having to have your children split up amongst family members because of a man, circumstances or choices. I really hope they find her soon as this is agonizing for her family and friends.

Thanks for all the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member