KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.wlky.com/news/new-details-... Kentucky&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

The dogs picked up on one of the burn piles according to some of the evidence they released today. I didn't know they could release some of this stuff and the videos if nobody had been charged with anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A surveillance camera on his aunt's nearby home shows him leaving just before midnight. Houck says he had left with Crystal but when he wakes up the next morning he said she was gone.

IIRC on Nancy Grace BH said he went to bed before midnight and Crystal was on her phone while their son ran around. So that was a big fat lie, as we already knew.

So are they referring to the burn pile from the illegal fire police were called to?

http://m.kystandard.com/site?target...&webredirect=true&stopparam=pc&stopvalue=true

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://m.wlky.com/news/new-details-... Kentucky&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

The dogs picked up on one of the burn piles according to some of the evidence they released today. I didn't know they could release some of this stuff and the videos if nobody had been charged with anything yet.

A search dog hits on his police cruiser and the Kentucky State Police Crime Lab, according to investigators, found even more.

"There's a couple spots in your trunk and that blanket lit up like Chernobyl. Why would that be?" an investigator asks of apparent blood splatter discovered in the trunk.

Houck replies there would not be blood in the cruiser's trunk. The investigator presses on, "Okay, bodily fluids."

Houck said, "I don't have a clue."

Wow, not very smart is he? How could he not know that this would be found? SMH

What a "not-smart-person". :facepalm: Both of them. I can't believe they carried on that conversation with the detective sitting right there. He could probably hear what BH was saying on the other end of the call.

But good, let them keep talking themselves into a corner. Sooner or later, I think the brother will break.

I kind of feel like BH will break first, if either of them do. They're both narcissists. It makes me sick. I wonder if NH was aware of what happened from the beginning, or if he wasn't aware until BH found himself with a flat tire driving down the BG.

A surveillance camera on his aunt's nearby home shows him leaving just before midnight. Houck says he had left with Crystal but when he wakes up the next morning he said she was gone.

IIRC on Nancy Grace BH said he went to bed before midnight and Crystal was on her phone while their son ran around. So that was a big fat lie, as we already knew.

So are they referring to the burn pile from the illegal fire police were called to?

http://m.kystandard.com/site?target...&webredirect=true&stopparam=pc&stopvalue=true

I'm thinking maybe it was from the only search that was done on the property. I'm not sure they could really bring the dogs out for the fire that they were cited for unless they'd had a warrant. I could be wrong though.

A search dog hits on his police cruiser and the Kentucky State Police Crime Lab, according to investigators, found even more.

"There's a couple spots in your trunk and that blanket lit up like Chernobyl. Why would that be?" an investigator asks of apparent blood splatter discovered in the trunk.

Houck replies there would not be blood in the cruiser's trunk. The investigator presses on, "Okay, bodily fluids."

Houck said, "I don't have a clue."

Wow, not very smart is he? How could he not know that this would be found? SMH

I think they really thought they'd get away with it. I don't know why someone would be compelled to think that way. They were both so calm and collected in the interviews. It's crazy.

I kind of feel like BH will break first, if either of them do. They're both narcissists. It makes me sick. I wonder if NH was aware of what happened from the beginning, or if he wasn't aware until BH found himself with a flat tire driving down the BG.

The big question is. How long is he going to wait to leave the sinking ship if he wasn't the captain of the ship.

I know that's his brother but dang.

The big question is. How long is he going to wait to leave the sinking ship if he wasn't the captain of the ship.

I know that's his brother but dang.

I definitely think BH was the perpetrator but I wonder if NH took the reigns from there. Who else better to get rid of a body than someone who knows what an investigator would look for? A cop driving around in a cruiser with a body in the trunk is a lot less likely to get pulled over in the middle of the night than someone else. I'm not sure BH is smart enough to think the rest of it through. He's clearly a man of little impulse control.

I definitely think BH was the perpetrator but I wonder if NH took the reigns from there. Who else better to get rid of a body than someone who knows what an investigator would look for? A cop driving around in a cruiser with a body in the trunk is a lot less likely to get pulled over in the middle of the night than someone else. I'm not sure BH is smart enough to think the rest of it through. He's clearly a man of little impulse control.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, I'm pretty sure a burn pile wouldn't get hot enough to get rid of a body so I'm thinking maybe they burned clothes and items like that but her body is still somewhere else.

I wonder if the patrol cars have any type of GPS tracking on them?

Also, I'm pretty sure a burn pile wouldn't get hot enough to get rid of a body so I'm thinking maybe they burned clothes and items like that but her body is still somewhere else.

In a regular bonfire, only bones and teeth will remain. Ugh. Sorry.

Wow, that call during the interview was rather convenient wasn't it?! And a blanket was found during the search? Did I hear that right?

A big enough fire, or a hot enough fire wouldn't leave much behind, and the remains would be pretty easy to move around and hide afterwards. Adding a chimney to a fire will get it hot enough to burn animal bones pretty thoroughly. We burn deer bones quite often in outside fires or the wood furnace to keep the dogs from dragging them in the house and to keep other scavengers out of the yard. I don't know how much difference there is between deer and human bones though. They get brittle enough that tapping them with the fire poker will break them into powdery pieces.

Were there any tracking/scent dogs that were trained to hit on cremains used in this case?

So is everyone thinking Brooks was driving Crystal's car with Crystal (probably already deceased) to dispose of her when the car got an unexpected flat? Brooks then calls Nick to pick him up in a hurry? Or do you think Nick maybe followed Brooks the entire time? I doubt anyone would pull over a car followed by a cruiser. Just like the comment earlier about the unlikeliness of a cruiser getting pulled over at all. I'm curious as to whether Nick knew about it prior to or immediately following the deed or if he was forced into covering up when Brooks got the flat tired. Personal speculation, of course.

I listened to Brooks and his brother and all I could think of was that movie "Dumb and Dumber"

I have a question for all my websluether friends.

Do you think this firing and naming of Brooks as a subject came about through good police work and the system or do you think it came about because this family (Crystal's family) that would not give up?

I have a question for all my websluether friends.

Do you think this firing and naming of Brooks as a subject came about through good police work and the system or do you think it came about because this family (Crystal's family) that would not give up?

Maybe a combination. I think they're getting a lot of heat from the residents for having three pretty high profile murders in the area and none have been solved. The family have done a tremendous job keeping Crystal's name relevant.

Wow, that call during the interview was rather convenient wasn't it?! And a blanket was found during the search? Did I hear that right?

A big enough fire, or a hot enough fire wouldn't leave much behind, and the remains would be pretty easy to move around and hide afterwards. Adding a chimney to a fire will get it hot enough to burn animal bones pretty thoroughly. We burn deer bones quite often in outside fires or the wood furnace to keep the dogs from dragging them in the house and to keep other scavengers out of the yard. I don't know how much difference there is between deer and human bones though. They get brittle enough that tapping them with the fire poker will break them into powdery pieces.

Were there any tracking/scent dogs that were trained to hit on cremains used in this case?

So is everyone thinking Brooks was driving Crystal's car with Crystal (probably already deceased) to dispose of her when the car got an unexpected flat? Brooks then calls Nick to pick him up in a hurry? Or do you think Nick maybe followed Brooks the entire time? I doubt anyone would pull over a car followed by a cruiser. Just like the comment earlier about the unlikeliness of a cruiser getting pulled over at all. I'm curious as to whether Nick knew about it prior to or immediately following the deed or if he was forced into covering up when Brooks got the flat tired. Personal speculation, of course.

I wasn't sold on the idea that the flat wasn't planned at first but I'm thinking maybe there's some validity to it. I wonder too whether NH knew until after the act was committed. I tend to think of him as more of the brains of the whole thing. He'd have the best knowledge as to what to do afterwards. To me, it's kind of telling that he calls mid-interview to tell BH to keep his mouth shut. I think he knew that BH would get caught in lies if he talked too much and that's basically what happened. There are so many other things going on in that county right now that kind of points this whole thing in different directions. I go between it being something that initially happened strictly between BH and Crystal with NH being part of afterwards, to something that NH could've been a part of from the beginning because of some of the other stuff that could all be connected together.

Wow! I'm hoping the grand jury comes back with an indictment for
these two. It would be just SILLY not to.

I just hope they didn't mess up by releasing all of this too early before any charges have been made. I also hope they're have a lot of really good circumstantial evidence because without a body, it's going to be pretty hard to convict unless someone confesses.

For anyone interested, PLG TV13 released the interrogation videos on their YouTube channel. There's about 5 hours worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member