KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/30279253/...own-woman-likely-dead-boyfriend-now-a-suspect

[...]
In a press conference regarding the dismissal of Brooks Houck’s brother Nick Houck from the Bardstown Police Department, Mattingly said Brooks Houck is now a suspect and Nick Houck has been interfering with an ongoing investigation into Rogers' disappearance.

Rogers’ family members have said Brooks Houck has not helped them search for her. In the Order, Royalty wrote that Nick Houck "did not cooperate with (the) ongoing criminal investigation.

From your link:

The mayor said later in July Houck failed a polygraph test administered by the FBI, which was a violation for the city of Bardstown policy and canon of ethics. Royalty said during the time period, Houck continuously claimed he couldn't remember details -- mundane and significant -- even regarding city property, including his take-home police cruiser.

So we have all of these shenanigans going on behind the scenes, we have a failed polygraph, we have lying and impeding an investigation, and all the while we still have a missing mother. The public was totally unaware and uninformed of anything.

Is this what they mean when they refer to "keeping it close to the vest" ? Whatever happened to the concept of the police department being accountable to the public ? This has dragged on for months now.

The end result was simply to announce that Nick Houck has been fired ? How about we go ahead and name him a suspect too, how about that ? See highlighted sections below.

According to the mayor's release, Houck called his brother while the brother was being interviewed by the Nelson County Sheriff's Department as part of the investigation of Rogers' disappearance.

The mayor said Houck knew his brother was being interviewed and the call was enough to be considered interference and put his brother's interests ahead of the public's interest.

In an interview with Kentucky State Police, Houck said he told his brother he "should protect himself" and that "they might be trying to trip him up," which contradicted affidavits by both brothers.

The mayor said later in July Houck failed a polygraph test administered by the FBI, which was a violation for the city of Bardstown policy and canon of ethics. Royalty said during the time period, Houck continuously claimed he couldn't remember details -- mundane and significant -- even regarding city property, including his take-home police cruiser.

http://www.wlky.com/news/bardstown-... Kentucky&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

snip by me
The end result was simply to announce that Nick Houck has been fired ? How about we go ahead and name him a suspect too, how about that ?

They have: "Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly said Friday that he believes brothers Brooks and Nick Houck are connected to the disappearance of Brooks' girlfriend Crystal Rogers, the Bardstown mother of five who's been missing since early July."

http://m.wave3.com/wave/db_336805/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=dzgtnPpA

snip by me

They have: "Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly said Friday that he believes brothers Brooks and Nick Houck are connected to the disappearance of Brooks' girlfriend Crystal Rogers, the Bardstown mother of five who's been missing since early July."

http://m.wave3.com/wave/db_336805/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=dzgtnPpA

Finally, they said it. This is really good news, we now know there's
been a grand jury in the works... and the LE has called the BF a suspect. We might just get an arrest. (But, I doubt these two derelict brothers will ever give up the body)

Check out whas11 they have the story and at the end they have documents from the hearing.
Thanks. That was quite interesting. I can't help but wonder if the cruiser was used in some way in regards to Crystal 's disappearance. I've always thought brother was involved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Thanks. That was quite interesting. I can't help but wonder if the cruiser was used in some way in regards to Crystal 's disappearance. I've always thought brother was involved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

He was probably following Brook when Crystals car got a flat tire. That's how Brook planned on getting back home after he dumped the car off in another town.......his own brother.

I pondered out loud way back in the beginning of this case how the person driving Crystals car planned on getting back home after dumping it. It was pretty obvious all along that she wasn't the person driving it when it got a flat. It seemed as if there almost had to be two people involved due to that alone. Well.....now we know.

Nobody asks any questions when they see a citizen in the company of a police officer.....they just figure it's all legit.
Somebody out there somewhere passed by in the wee hours of the morning while Nick Houck was pulled up behind Brook on that dark stretch of highway. But, due to nothing more than appearances alone, the other motorists or truckers thought nothing of it.

There was a whole lot of information regarding Nick Houck and his relationship to his brother and Crystal posted on the last thread. I think a lot of it was deleted by the mods. He lived on the same street as they did, just a couple of doors down. Shortly after Crystal disappeared, he moved out of that house, kicked some renters out of a rental he owned, and moved in there. There were quite a few suspicious details brought up about his activities around the time she went missing, but I can't remember all of them right now.

I believe that Bardstown Police Department deleted their "open letter" post from Chief McCubbin on their Facebook page, which chastised the public for vocalizing concerns about Nick Houck and a potential conflict of interest. I had spoken up then, about how ridiculously unprofessional it seemed, but mostly he got pats on the back for it. Of course, it was also published in the newspaper so it will never completely disappear. But unless I am just missing it after scrolling through twice, he had the sense to delete it eventually.

There was a whole lot of information regarding Nick Houck and his relationship to his brother and Crystal posted on the last thread. I think a lot of it was deleted by the mods. He lived on the same street as they did, just a couple of doors down. Shortly after Crystal disappeared, he moved out of that house, kicked some renters out of a rental he owned, and moved in there. There were quite a few suspicious details brought up about his activities around the time she went missing, but I can't remember all of them right now.
There was also the illegal fire on the Houck family property.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hopefully now Crystal's parents will get custody of their grandchild that they haven't seen in months.

That poor family :(

Glad they are starting to get answers.

Just for clarification, he had actually informed the renters weeks in advance that they were going to have to move. The mother of one of the tenants informed everyone on another site. There's also a lot of talk about BH pouring concrete in the days following her disappearance. Also, they've had quite a few burn piles at the farm since then. I wish they would find her and give her family some closure but I have a feeling she's not close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully now Crystal's parents will get custody of their grandchild that they haven't seen in months.

That poor family :(

Glad they are starting to get answers.

If the police department was to arrest Brook Houck on suspicion of murder, it would also make it a lot easier for the grandparents to gain custody, or at least partial custody.

Brook Houck is still walking around a free man, Nick Houck has been fired for impeding an investigation.....now what ?

I'd be interested to know if the Rogers family feels like progress is being made, or if this is simply the law enforcement equivalent of putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. I'm sure Brook Houck will keep his brother employed through his contracting business, if he hasn't already been doing it since Nick's suspension. This is going to allow the two brothers to bond together even tighter now that those pesky police investigators have been removed from the equation.

The county sheriffs comments yesterday regarding his suspicion that the brothers are connected to her disappearance was interesting, but all that's going to result in is the two of them lawyering up and refusing to talk any further. Hopefully LE has a trail of breadcrumbs that provides enough evidence to form a picture of what happened to Crystal during that weekend. It's going to have to be strong enough to convince a grand jury as well as a seated jury if this case ever goes to trial.

Murders in this community appear to go largely unsolved, for reasons that aren't very clear.

If the police department was to arrest Brook Houck on suspicion of murder, it would also make it a lot easier for the grandparents to gain custody, or at least partial custody.

Brook Houck is still walking around a free man, Nick Houck has been fired for impeding an investigation.....now what ?

I'd be interested to know if the Rogers family feels like progress is being made, or if this is simply the law enforcement equivalent of putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. I'm sure Brook Houck will keep his brother employed through his contracting business, if he hasn't already been doing it since Nick's suspension. This is going to allow the two brothers to bond together even tighter now that those pesky police investigators have been removed from the equation.

The county sheriffs comments yesterday regarding his suspicion that the brothers are connected to her disappearance was interesting, but all that's going to result in is the two of them lawyering up and refusing to talk any further. Hopefully LE has a trail of breadcrumbs that provides enough evidence to form a picture of what happened to Crystal during that weekend. It's going to have to be strong enough to convince a grand jury as well as a seated jury if this case ever goes to trial.

Murders in this community appear to go largely unsolved, for reasons that aren't very clear.
If NH's squad car was used the night Crystal went missing could there will be some sort of electronic trail via GPS?

I lost my husband and my mother within 6 months of each other a few years back. I know that literal heart break that brings you to your knee's. I know the feeling of having a loved one gone, but NOT KNOWING when their beautiful daughter took her last breath or even where she is?? I cannot even imagine their pain. Sending prayers of love and hope to the Ballard family. May you somehow find peace

For Crystal Roger's dad, Tommy Ballard, this is day 105 of searching alongside neighbors, friends, and dogs through the woods, weeds and water.

http://www.whas11.com/videos/news/3690804929001/4563084101001/

I lost my husband and my mother within 6 months of each other a few years back. I know that literal heart break that brings you to your knee's. I know the feeling of having a loved one gone, but NOT KNOWING when their beautiful daughter took her last breath or even where she is?? I cannot even imagine their pain. Sending prayers of love and hope to the Ballard family. May you somehow find peace

For Crystal Roger's dad, Tommy Ballard, this is day 105 of searching alongside neighbors, friends, and dogs through the woods, weeds and water.

http://www.whas11.com/videos/news/3690804929001/4563084101001/
I'm so sorry for your loss Dmacky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics