KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The vids are insane. Towards the end of BH's, I feel like detective Snow is doing a really good job of not losing his patience when they call the guy who had called around midnight to ask about houses and BH told him he would have to call crystal because she handles all that stuff...even though according to BH, she was right beside him in the truck. Also, after that, the detective mentions that the bloodhounds never picked up her scent in on the BG pkwy and I guess one of the handlers mentions that it's like crystal was never even there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's always been a possibility in my mind too. I am 50/50 on which brother was the initial perpatrator.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I go back and forth. Mostly just because my mind starts going in different directions and wondering if maybe Crystal knew something she wasn't supposed to know. Then I start feeling like I'm a little crazy for thinking something like that lol. It's a possibility though. It was probably something between her and Brooks, but it's difficult to not wonder if it's connected to a couple other cases in the county.

Idk. Hubby story didn't add up from the beginning. It sounds like he is the main culprit that brought his brother along to help out with the after math. I truly think he felt secured; knowing that his brother was a leo. Jmo

"You did not pass the test," an FBI polygraph examiner told Nick Houck in a police interrogation video released on Monday. "It's pretty clear that you haven't told me the complete truth and the questions you are having problems with are questions about Crystal and, in particular, whether or not you know where she is right now."

Houck denied being dishonest with the examiner and said he doubted the validity of the test.

"I don't give a goddam what your f--king computer said," Houck told the examiner, according to the video. "You're calling me a f--king liar [and] I don't like it when people call me a liar."

heriff Ed Mattingly named Brooks Houck a suspect in his girlfriend's disappearance and said authorities suspect Nick Houck knows what happened to her.

Detectives later questioned Nick Houck and told him he was captured on surveillance video visiting his family's farm two hours after police questioned his brother.

"What went on at the farm?" the investigator asked.

"If I knew I'd tell you," Nick Houck replied. "I wish I could give you a detailed written statement, [but] I don't know."

The detective told Nick Houck a neighbor saw him remove something from his police cruiser in the days following Rogers' disappearance. A search dog alerted on the trunk of the vehicle and the state police crime lab found suspicious stains in the trunk, the detective said.

"There's a couple spots in your trunk and that blanket lit up like Chernobyl," the investigator said. "Why would that be?"

Nick Houck denied the presence of blood in the trunk. When the detective said "bodily fluids" were found, Houck replied, "I don't have a clue."

Despite the lengthy and intensive interrogation, Nick Houck maintained he had no information about Rogers' disappearance.

"I don't know anything," he said. "[My brother] has not spoken to me about this."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brother-missing-mom-fails-polygraph_56268a4be4b08589ef493cda

Forget about Brook Houck for just a few minutes, look at the highlighted areas above, which are all in relation to Nick Houck. It's obvious that he is knee deep in this thing.

To me it looks like they're inferring that Nick Houck had Crystals body in the back of his police cruiser for an uncertain amount of time. Apparently they didn't get traces of blood, but instead got traces of other bodily fluids, although it is unclear what those may be ( to me) . It appears to me that this would indicate she was strangled or choked to death, which would result in no blood loss to speak of.

These two guys were in on this thing together, sort of like a Leopold and Loeb team , "Let's commit the perfect crime, and show ourselves and everybody else how smart we are".

I don't know that this was a planned event so much as a domestic violence incident that went terribly wrong, and then the two brothers together worked as a team to cover it up. It's also entirely possible that they were both there when she was killed.

That phone call during the interview appears to be totally staged, with Brook Houck using it as a springboard to once again proclaim his innocence and further complain about the cops harassing him. Nick Houck would've been well aware that his brother was going to be going in for an interview with the investigators, in advance of going. That phone call in the middle of the interview wasn't a mistake, if anything, it was Nick Houcks nerves being on edge because he knew his half-wit brother was sitting down for an interview and he didn't want the threads of deceit to start unraveling.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brother-missing-mom-fails-polygraph_56268a4be4b08589ef493cda

Forget about Brook Houck for just a few minutes, look at the highlighted areas above, which are all in relation to Nick Houck. It's obvious that he is knee deep in this thing.

To me it looks like they're inferring that Nick Houck had Crystals body in the back of his police cruiser for an uncertain amount of time. Apparently they didn't get traces of blood, but instead got traces of other bodily fluids, although it is unclear what those may be ( to me) . It appears to me that this would indicate she was strangled or choked to death, which would result in no blood loss to speak of.

These two guys were in on this thing together, sort of like a Leopold and Loeb team , "Let's commit the perfect crime, and show ourselves and everybody else how smart we are".

I don't know that this was a planned event so much as a domestic violence incident that went terribly wrong, and then the two brothers together worked as a team to cover it up. It's also entirely possible that they were both there when she was killed.

That phone call during the interview appears to be totally staged, with Brook Houck using it as a springboard to once again proclaim his innocence and further complain about the cops harassing him. Nick Houck would've been well aware that his brother was going to be going in for an interview with the investigators, in advance of going. That phone call in the middle of the interview wasn't a mistake, if anything, it was Nick Houcks nerves being on edge because he knew his half-wit brother was sitting down for an interview and he didn't want the threads of deceit to start unraveling.
Good post Steelman!!

I'm just glad to see this case is gaining traction. I've been troubled by Crystal's disappearance ever since I saw signs with her name on them around Labor Day when my husband and I were in Kentucky for a bourbon tour.

Someone needs to spill the beans so Crystal's family can find some kind of peace. Her parents are so tenacious, what strength they have. Her children are lucky to have such wonderful family to surround them with love and support.

So...who will cave first?

I'm just glad to see this case is gaining traction. I've been troubled by Crystal's disappearance ever since I saw signs with her name on them around Labor Day when my husband and I were in Kentucky for a bourbon tour.

Someone needs to spill the beans so Crystal's family can find some kind of peace. Her parents are so tenacious, what strength they have. Her children are lucky to have such wonderful family to surround them with love and support.

So...who will cave first?

Neither one of them is going to cave, that's a big part of the plan. They continue to proclaim their innocence, refuse to hire attorneys, and force the cops to prove that a crime was committed. No body, no crime.

Both of them are aware it's going to be an uphill battle for the D.A. to press charges and get a conviction without a body, a murder weapon, a crime scene, or a motive. Apparently both brothers believe that going out and hiring an attorney is a sign of guilt, and so far both have resisted doing it. That goes back to the talk earlier in the thread about their arrogance. It appears the two brothers are so convinced she isn't going to be found, they really aren't too worried about their words being used against them.

I think the fires at the farm and the other shenanigans they've pulled were simply diversion tactics. Much like what a magician does, watch my right hand while I'm doing something else with my left. Both brothers knew they were being watched. They wanted people to see them burning things and scurrying around the family farm, it pulled all the attention to that location and away from the actual crime scene. It appears to have worked pretty well, the authorities did show up with search warrants in hand....but to no avail. Every time that happens, it appears to fortify their position, and makes LE look silly while running around chasing ghosts and following up on bad leads.

Who's going to cave first ? The D.A., when he makes the decision to try and prosecute without a body.

I am new to this case - saw a news article online yesterday and watched the portions of video of the 'former cop bro' ' and 'the BF bro' ' talking with law enf'. AT THE TIME, I thought, there 2 are both so completely innocent - so open, no lawyers, the 'f u' from the former cop, such patience and cooperation with law enf'. HOWEVER, it was afterward that 'gut feelings' set in on me.

About the 'former cop': I felt utter arrogance, resentment (exactly like one sees in many an active alcoholic btw...) - 'everyone has done me wrong/is doing ME wrong'. I felt his 'f u' was totally staged - IMO it was NOT 'former cop' showing his humanity, but, rather, just stage acting FOR THE CAMERA (lol IMO how he sat, totally on purpose, face-on to the camera----'see, I am a cop, like you, but I am human and can crack/blow up with a little 'f u' '..) --quite skeery actually. About the lie detector examiner: IMO, the police think that 'the BF' hated Crystal's guts & murdered her in hatred, but that officer kept nudging on 'former cop', hoping he'd come around to say something along the lines of, 'YOU & i BOTH are brilliant law enf' officers - we are 'one'--------yup', my bro' phoned me and said Crystal fell down 3 stairs & was bloodied & deader than a doorknob, and by bro' was skeered that police wouldn't believe him.... blah de blah...'

It stood out to me when the officer brought up his police car trunk - Me Thinksth Former Cop Answered Waaay Too Fast on that one.... (Sorrowfully I must say..) IMO seems 100 percent that Crystal WAS in fact transported in that trunk.

As to the 'BF': Yes, that phone call from 'former cop-bro' ' was ridiculous IMO --- IMO BF was COMPLETELY acting for the cameras ---- it felt like watching a couple high schoolers doing some quite crummy acting in a school play -----I even felt like BF was deliberately 'turning himself' toward the camera, so all would be clear for the video replays ! Also, BF: Posters here brilliant!!-------yes, I think BF with his 'open arms' & over and over 'I am NOT hiring a lawyer cuz' I didn't do anything...(see how honest I am & patient with you, completely trying to be helpful...?)' & 'former cop' did something with Crystal's body such that that lady won't be found. I also felt that BF really hated Crystal----in (warped) BF's mind, Crystal deserved to be killed/it is good that BF has murdered Crystal/Crystal 'mouthed off' and caused her own death.......

When BF said that line about Crystal going out and having loooong 'fantasy parties' with her pals, BF IMO let us see a glimpse of his true self: To BF, Crystal was a total boring Loser (COMPLETELY unlike Brilliant-Winner-BF, 'natch!!!).

As to BOTH brothers: Yes---brilliant poster here sees the farm 'bonfire'/running-around was deliberate smoke & mirrors, prob' thunk'up by 'former cop'. WOW. It made me feel so sad, grief, sorrow for Crystal's family. IMO, BF cared about BF, and 'former cop' cared about 'former cop'. What happened to both of them that they wound up to be so incredibly warped/'deformed' & utterly selfish (narcissistic---extraordinarily personality-disordered, both of them)???

Great post!!

Later in the interview, detectives are seen telling Nick Houck that neighbors had reported seeing him taking something out of his police cruiser in the days following Rogers' disappearance and then putting it into his mother's car.

Notice that they left out neighbor's description of what was taken out of the cruiser. Would love to know what the neighbors had seen. Was it a very large object? Something wrapped up? A shovel?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Neither one of them is going to cave, that's a big part of the plan. They continue to proclaim their innocence, refuse to hire attorneys, and force the cops to prove that a crime was committed. No body, no crime.

Both of them are aware it's going to be an uphill battle for the D.A. to press charges and get a conviction without a body, a murder weapon, a crime scene, or a motive. Apparently both brothers believe that going out and hiring an attorney is a sign of guilt, and so far both have resisted doing it. That goes back to the talk earlier in the thread about their arrogance. It appears the two brothers are so convinced she isn't going to be found, they really aren't too worried about their words being used against them.

I think the fires at the farm and the other shenanigans they've pulled were simply diversion tactics. Much like what a magician does, watch my right hand while I'm doing something else with my left. Both brothers knew they were being watched. They wanted people to see them burning things and scurrying around the family farm, it pulled all the attention to that location and away from the actual crime scene. It appears to have worked pretty well, the authorities did show up with search warrants in hand....but to no avail. Every time that happens, it appears to fortify their position, and makes LE look silly while running around chasing ghosts and following up on bad leads.

Who's going to cave first ? The D.A., when he makes the decision to try and prosecute without a body.

I agree with you, for the most part. But at the moment, the cops make it look like the strongest evidence they have is NH's cruiser, and his failed poly. What have they provided as evidence against BH? Nothing as strong as that, that we know of. Is NH really going to take the fall for both of them and let his brother walk free if his brother played a part in it?

That said, it doesn't mean either will ever tell what they did with her.

I agree with you, for the most part. But at the moment, the cops make it look like the strongest evidence they have is NH's cruiser, and his failed poly. What have they provided as evidence against BH? Nothing as strong as that, that we know of. Is NH really going to take the fall for both of them and let his brother walk free if his brother played a part in it?

That said, it doesn't mean either will ever tell what they did with her.

You know what really confuses the hell out of me ?? I watch these shows on TV such as Forensic Files, the Discovery ID channel, 48 hours, etc.......and all they ever show is how they are able to make definite matches through DNA to either include or exclude someone as a suspect. Great. They identify the missing and dead by using DNA testing. Got it. The new era of CSI labs and DNA testing makes it almost impossible for the bad guys to get away with it. Perfect. I see this same stuff over and over again, on just about every crime channel.

Now, let's fast forward to our little corner of the world.

We have "bodily fluids" in the trunk of a patrol car. We have a blanket from that trunk which apparently was soaked with the same materials. The dogs alerted to it.
If I'm not mistaken, just about any kind of bodily fluid can be used to match up DNA...... spit, pee, sweat, blood, mucous, skin cells, etc. I've seen cop shows where the investigators were almost giddy with excitement because they were able to retrieve a cigarette butt or a drinking cup that a suspect had been using in order to get DNA from it.

Everybody already knows the question by now.

Does DNA testing cease to work in Bardstown ,Kentucky ? .......If so, why ??

You know what bothers me even more than that ? The fact that Wal-mart is putting their christmas stuff out around Labor Day now ........that's what really bothers me.

You know what really confuses the hell out of me ?? I watch these shows on TV such as Forensic Files, the Discovery ID channel, 48 hours, etc.......and all they ever show is how they are able to make definite matches through DNA to either include or exclude someone as a suspect. Great. They identify the missing and dead by using DNA testing. Got it. The new era of CSI labs and DNA testing makes it almost impossible for the bad guys to get away with it. Perfect. I see this same stuff over and over again, on just about every crime channel.

Now, let's fast forward to our little corner of the world.

We have "bodily fluids" in the trunk of a patrol car. We have a blanket from that trunk which apparently was soaked with the same materials. The dogs alerted to it.
If I'm not mistaken, just about any kind of bodily fluid can be used to match up DNA...... spit, pee, sweat, blood, mucous, skin cells, etc. I've seen cop shows where the investigators were almost giddy with excitement because they were able to retrieve a cigarette butt or a drinking cup that a suspect had been using in order to get DNA from it.

Everybody already knows the question by now.

Does DNA testing cease to work in Bardstown ,Kentucky ? .......If so, why ??

You know what bothers me even more than that ? The fact that Wal-mart is putting their christmas stuff out around Labor Day now ........that's what really bothers me.

I know the crime lab is usually pretty behind so I'm not sure how long the DNA testing would take. I'm assuming it's not back yet. One of the KSP investigators asked NH a couple times whether or not it would be her DNA on the fluids in the trunk so they've sent it off. Also, in the interviews, NH was talking about an extinguisher he carries around in the trunk and it was one of the items that would definitely be in there. The detective informed him that there wasn't one in there so it made me wonder if that's what the investigator was alluding to being taken out of the trunk.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I go back and forth. Mostly just because my mind starts going in different directions and wondering if maybe Crystal knew something she wasn't supposed to know. Then I start feeling like I'm a little crazy for thinking something like that lol. It's a possibility though. It was probably something between her and Brooks, but it's difficult to not wonder if it's connected to a couple other cases in the county.

Any chance she was seeing Nick on the side?

I don't personally think so. If he's more involved that just helping his brother out then I think it's because she knows something about some other things that have gone on in the county that could get him in trouble. During the interviews, the KSP investigators told Nick that she was texting other guys and made it sound like she was going to leave Brooks. Of course, nick denied knowing anything about it and said he didn't believe it but I'm sure it was just because he thinks the more naive he is to the situation, the less guilty he looks. The things he lied about or claimed not to remember started to become really ridiculous. They had him on camera, in his cruiser directly behind Brooks as they arrived at the family farm and also had them on camera leaving together the same way and he denied remembering ever seeing him there. This was within a week of the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members