KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/30377732/...ther-seeking-full-custody-of-her-youngest-son

"I just think if he's a suspect in that, if they think that he did that to my daughter? Is Eli in danger?" Rogers' mother Sherry Ballard said. "We can't help but think that way."

"We would have taken visitation ya know, in the beginning, we just wanted to see that baby -- just to let him know we're here and we haven't forgotten him," Ballard said. "But yes ma'am, we are seeking full custody."

In a police interview with Houck from July -- released last week -- he talks about Eli, telling investigators he could scale back at work to focus on his son.

"I'm ready to hire an auctioneer to sell all this stuff so I can, so I can be there for him like Crystal," Houck says in the video.

Gee, sounds like way back in July, BH didn't seem to think Crystal was coming home. Wonder why that is!

Plus he needed to keep his son with him as much as possible so he wouldn't be asked what happened to his mommy. I can't even imagine what that precious little boy had seen:(
Just makes my blood boil!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

God give her family strength. This must be devastating and draining.

I think part of the reason that both brothers seem to have such an air of defiance and arrogance is because neither one of them believes she will ever be found.
I believe this too. My point is, they may be wrong, and they may still be found out, and I don't think it's going to go well for them. I just kinda doubt they are quite the criminal geniuses they think they are.

I commented the other day about "No body, no crime". It seems to have struck a nerve in some people, but it wasn't necessarily me saying that as much as the police chief himself.
You didn't 'strike a nerve.' Why would you have? I was just reiterating the 70-year-ish-ago facts, because you didn't seem to understand them. Facts don't have nerves. The notion of 'no body, no crime' is a thing of decades past.

All you have to do is look at his statement, and one can read between the lines well enough to know they aren't going to try and prosecute this case without a body. It seems very clear to me. On one hand LE claims they believe she has been murdered, and on the other hand they claim she may in fact be a missing person. With that kind of a see-saw rational, it appears pretty clear to me that nothing further is going to be done up until the time she's found, if that ever happens.
Maybe. We'll see. If you are truly interested in no-body successfully-prosecuted homicide cases, check out Carrie Culberson (Ohio).

My point is, we shouldn't lose hope just quite yet.

Hopefully police are one day closer to an arrest(s)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I keep thinking Brooks stayed up playing games on Crystal's phone to drain the battery so that it was dead when he planted it in Crystal's car - wonder if there were any calls to Nick the night Crystal disappeared? Nick has to have been involved in the cover-up every step of the way. And no wonder Eli wouldn't go to bed if his mother was not there and Dad was busy covering his tracks. Wonder if Eli was with the the Houck grandparents while Brooks and Crystal "did chores"? That poor little boy...

For some reason this case ticks me off. Is Kentucky the only state in the union that won't do anything until a body's found? How closely are they checking out the DNA from the trunk, or are they at all?

I am certain it has been looked into, but the brother in -law had a lot of issues at work based on what was released from his work files. What are the chances that he is connected to the Ellis crime? Going on step further, Kathy Netherland was a special education teacher. I know form working in the field that it is not uncommon for special education teachers to babysit, teach Sunday school, etc. to students with special needs. Ellis has a special needs son, givne the small town it makes sense they at least knew each others name and maybe more. We know that Crystal for well - being based on what her mother told the media. This is only my speculation, but it isn't too far of a stretch.

For some reason this case ticks me off. Is Kentucky the only state in the union that won't do anything until a body's found? How closely are they checking out the DNA from the trunk, or are they at all?

I'm assuming it's been sent to the state crime lab but they're so overloaded that there's no telling how long it will take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming it's been sent to the state crime lab but they're so overloaded that there's no telling how long it will take

I know, but it still kind of aggravating. Sometimes I just need to vent a little. We have the same problem in Indiana. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, that wasn't my intent.

I know, but it still kind of aggravating. Sometimes I just need to vent a little. We have the same problem in Indiana. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, that wasn't my intent.

It's extremely frustrating! I couldn't agree with you more. It's been four months now and there still isn't much going on. I feel awful for her family and her especially her kids

Her family should file a civil suit on the cop brother who was probably on duty while helping to cover up the crime.

That will force subpoenas and certain information to come to light. Jmo. And then sue the department. Jmo

This should help move things along quicker instead of this stand still.

It's extremely frustrating! I couldn't agree with you more. It's been four months now and there still isn't much going on. I feel awful for her family and her especially her kids

I know what you mean, here close to where I live there are a several cases of missing women. There's one case where she's been gone four years. We can only hope that it only seems like nothing's going on.. It has to be terrible what her children are going thru.

I'm not offended, and I live in Kentucky, so I know where you are coming from. I really,really think we have a serial killer loose in the state.

I'm not offended, and I live in Kentucky, so I know where you are coming from. I really,really think we have a serial killer loose in the state.

Or maybe both, it's not farfetched to think it's someone doing a lot of traveling.

It would sure be nice if they found her, this has gone on long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee