KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.wlky.com/news/deputies-search-home-of-murder-suspects-grandmother/41265232

And after more than two hours there, investigators went back to a judge to get another warrant to search the home of Houck's brother, Nick.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Also:

Investigators won't say much about that search warrant. But according to Whitesides' attorney, Jason Floyd, the home and garage were being searched for, “Any vacuum cleaners or other cleaning items capable of being used in a car and for any documents relating to the trade-in of her white Buick for her new vehicle.”

http://www.kystandard.com/content/police-search-home-houck’s-grandmother?pc=true

Things that popped out at me:

Officers took away vacuum cleaners, shop vacs and papers from the new car’s glove compartment.

Geoghegan would not say specifically what officers were looking for with the second warrant.

they had removed some items from the residence, but would not say what they were. He also wouldn’t say whether or not the officers wanted the vacuums for DNA evidence.

In addition to the vacuums, officers carried out some brown paper bags. They searched the house and the garage behind the house where the Mazda was parked, and a large safe inside the garage.

Several neighbors said Thursday that Nick Houck had recently been spotted moving items into Whitesides’ garage, and were under the impression he was moving into the home. They said in recent years they had not noticed a large family presence at the home where Whitesides has lived for about six years, but in recent months had noted the family coming around much more often.

Seems the grandmother became QUITE popular after Crystal disappeared. Sad. Poor woman probably thought her grandsons wanted to spend time with her, not hide a murder.

Wonder what's in the safe?

Wow, a lot of information within those 3 articles!

In one of the articles, it mentions that the grandmother in a rehab/nursing home recovering from an injury....Wonder what lengths the brothers are willing to go to keep her from talking?

TELL WHERE CRYSTAL IS!!!!

Wonderful to see movement in this case. The pressure is on.

Hopefully no one did anything to Grandma to cause her to be in rehab. Until and unless something else says otherwise, I'm going to believe she's elderly and being in rehab isn't unusual.

This is really good to see some public movement in the case. Of course, now we have quite some time to wait before the items are processed.

TELL WHERE CRYSTAL IS!!!!

Wonderful to see movement in this case. The pressure is on.

Hopefully no one did anything to Grandma to cause her to be in rehab. Until and unless something else says otherwise, I'm going to believe she's elderly and being in rehab isn't unusual.

Probably stress from recent events.

Newcomer to case...
I just finished reading both threads and watching the LE interviews of BH and NK. OMG... if ever I've seen narcissism, these two guys are the definition! Praying for a break in this case and hoping grandma will do what she must know is the right thing, despite having to implicate her grandsons.
This case needs resolution for Crystal, her children and family.

We are glad to have you back! :grouphug:

I'm just catching up after missing about a month too. The most important things you need to know are they've got Grandma's car and she's invoked her 5th Amendment right not to answer questions because she could incriminate herself, but they've just gotten DNA from her. And it looks like they'll get DNA from NH. Something is definitely going down!

Can anyone tell me whether they've gotten DNA from BH yet? I haven't seen much about him since they named him a suspect way back when. TIA

BBM- I would like to know about DNA also, especially from NH.
LE mentions in one of NH's interviews, BH provided fingerprints shortly after the vehicle was located on Bluegrass Pkwy. Again, iirc, it was Crystal's brother who found the car so they took prints from brother because he touched the vehicle before LE arrived on the scene. BH's prints were taken also to rule out any unknown prints which might be on the car.
As BH has clearly been named a suspect; bodily fluids detected in the trunk of NH's police cruiser, I can't imagine DNA swabs haven't been obtained from from both.
Both are so cocky about their non-involvement, I would think they believe they can beat DNA evidence as well. JMO
I realize I'm jumping in a year after the fact so I'm sure the above has been discussed before.

BBM- I would like to know about DNA also, especially from NH.
LE mentions in one of NH's interviews, BH provided fingerprints shortly after the vehicle was located on Bluegrass Pkwy. Again, iirc, it was Crystal's brother who found the car so they took prints from brother because he touched the vehicle before LE arrived on the scene. BH's prints were taken also to rule out any unknown prints which might be on the car.
As BH has clearly been named a suspect; bodily fluids detected in the trunk of NH's police cruiser, I can't imagine DNA swabs haven't been obtained from from both.
Both are so cocky about their non-involvement, I would think they believe they can beat DNA evidence as well. JMO
I realize I'm jumping in a year after the fact so I'm sure the above has been discussed before.
NH's and Grandmother's DNA were obtained last week after a warrant was served.

Can't recall about BH though!

NH's and Grandmother's DNA were obtained last week after a warrant was served.

Can't recall about BH though!

Grandmother is in her early 80's??? I can't imagine she (or anyone for that matter) allowing the weight of a murder on her. Scum (IMO) grandsons pulling her into this mess.
JMO

[video=twitter;770644043357380608]https://twitter.com/CarolynWLKY/status/770644043357380608[/video]

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The Nelson County Sheriff's Office is executing a search warrant at the farm belonging to the mother of Brooks Houck. Houck is a suspect in the disappearance of Bardstown mother, Crystal Rogers.

A number of different agencies are helping to search the property. We're told that an adjoining property is being searched as well.

Snip

During Tuesday morning's search, there were at least two dozen different police vehicles involved in the search including dogs.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/32884137/...in-connection-to-crystal-rogers-disappearance

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The Nelson County Sheriff's Office is executing a search warrant at the farm belonging to the mother of Brooks Houck. Houck is a suspect in the disappearance of Bardstown mother, Crystal Rogers.

A number of different agencies are helping to search the property. We're told that an adjoining property is being searched as well.

Snip

During Tuesday morning's search, there were at least two dozen different police vehicles involved in the search including dogs.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/32884137/...in-connection-to-crystal-rogers-disappearance
Wow interesting!

IICR they searched the mother's place back in the beginning after the illegal burns were done. Wonder if they think Crystal may have been moved back onto the property or are they now looking for something more specific?

[video=twitter;770657837106204672]https://twitter.com/CarolynWLKY/status/770657837106204672[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay