KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheriff said they were hoping they would have identification by the end of the week. I was surprised that it would that quick.

Wow, that is really fast! This is pure speculation but it makes me think they found something like jewelry that ties the remains to Crystal and that's why they made this top priority with the FBI. It makes me hopeful her family will finally get closure and justice.

Do we know what blanket is the detective asking in the interview with Nick, does this blanket has Crystal's DNA

from what I remember of the interview, it was a blanket from his house that he used to lay across the trunk bc he was moving and didn’t want to mess the trunk up. I’d have to go back and rewatch the interviews but I think that’s the one you’re referring to.

NCSO released a statement on their SM in regard to the timeline of identification. I’m thinking it was most likely in response to Shay McAlister’s vid the other night where she mentioned the ID being done by the end of the week.

“The Nelson County Sheriff's Office has not given a timeline regarding the identification of the remains found in Nelson County to any representative of the news media. We DO NOT KNOW what the timeline will be. As stated in our press release, we will not be commenting further until we have information from the lab.”

NCSO released a statement on their SM in regard to the timeline of identification. I’m thinking it was most likely in response to Shay McAlister’s vid the other night where she mentioned the ID being done by the end of the week.

“The Nelson County Sheriff's Office has not given a timeline regarding the identification of the remains found in Nelson County to any representative of the news media. We DO NOT KNOW what the timeline will be. As stated in our press release, we will not be commenting further until we have information from the lab.”
I hate to think about it, but if it is Crystal it has been 5 years. Dental records? Otherwise it is likely to be DNA and that takes a while in some labs. There are less likely methods like if a plate or pin was put in surgically and there is a serial number. No way of knowing at this point. I hope her family doesn't have to wait long.

I hate to think about it, but if it is Crystal it has been 5 years. Dental records? Otherwise it is likely to be DNA and that takes a while in some labs. There are less likely methods like if a plate or pin was put in surgically and there is a serial number. No way of knowing at this point. I hope her family doesn't have to wait long.

I was wondering about dental records too bc a week to ID skeletal remains is fast...even for the FBI. The quickest turnaround I could find online was about 3 months for remains to be identified at Quantico. I know the sheriffs said the remains found here were “on the top of the list” so maybe they’ll be quicker.

I've followed along on this case since the beginning, but this is my first post. This is an interesting article, with what seems like some new details.
Summer rains likely contributed to human remains’ discovery | KYStandard.com

Great article! It's about time the rain washed away whatever secrets those river banks hold. What are the chances the neighbor would see that bone sticking out of the bank? I hope Crystal's family gets answers soon. It sure feels like this could be her.

I have been watching The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers. It is so heartbreaking to see the pain in her family's faces. Please let there be justice for Crystal and her Dad, and please let there be justices for the other victims in Bardstown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela