KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, they have all associated dental records if they exist. I would assume Quantico has rapid DNA? Does anyone else find it odd the FBI has the remains in their possession at Quantico? It makes me wonder about the condition of the remains. Jmo

yeh I have a feeling they’re probably pretty degraded. Otherwise, why not just send it to the state lab? Other than the back log and time factor, the majority of remains are sent to Frankfort for identification. I think they’re hoping these will be identified quicker than the states turnaround time. I saw where the sheriff made a comment about how the remains were “on the top of the list” at the lab in Quantico. It typically takes around 6-8 months for our lab to identify skeletal remains.

yeh I have a feeling they’re probably pretty degraded. Otherwise, why not just send it to the state lab? Other than the back log and time factor, the majority of remains are sent to Frankfort for identification. I think they’re hoping these will be identified quicker than the states turnaround time. I saw where the sheriff made a comment about how the remains were “on the top of the list” at the lab in Quantico. It typically takes around 6-8 months for our lab to identify skeletal remains.

The sheriff said they were hoping they would have identification by the end of the week. I was surprised that it would that quick.

Shay McAlister from WHAS11 news gives an update. She does a great job at explaining what is going on. She also says that they are hoping for results by Wednesday.

I hope my link works.

I was going to share the same video. She does do a great job explaining, but the thing that stuck out to me the most was that the remains were found less than 4 miles from the Houck farm.

The sheriff said they were hoping they would have identification by the end of the week. I was surprised that it would that quick.

Ohh nice! That’s definitely quick. I wonder if the remains still had their teeth. I feel like comparing dental records would be the quickest way to ID. Using the FBI’s lab was their best move to date...

Ohh nice! That’s definitely quick. I wonder if the remains still had their teeth. I feel like comparing dental records would be the quickest way to ID. Using the FBI’s lab was their best move to date...

I agree. According to The Kentucky Standard, Nelson County Sheriff Ramon Pineiroa said, "We are at top of the list." Meaning top priority at Quantico. I'm not sure how they pulled that off.

I travel that road and passed through there on Friday afternoon. I did not notice the FBI van but others did see it that day.

I agree. According to The Kentucky Standard, Nelson County Sheriff Ramon Pineiroa said, "We are at top of the list." Meaning top priority at Quantico. I'm not sure how they pulled that off.

I travel that road and passed through there on Friday afternoon. I did not notice the FBI van but others did see it that day.

i heard that too. I also heard they were set up at a pavilion down in manton.

This is somewhat local to me. I really hope they have finally found her. Her poor mother and children deserve peace and answers.

I agree! Also, her mother deserves to be reunited with her grandson, and the grandson w his 4 half-sibs. There are so many victims here.

Are there any named Lois for Tommy's murder?

Nelson County remains undergoing testing, missing Bardstown mom's family waiting on answers
We know the location where these remains were found is about 4 miles from the Houck farm, where Crystal Rogers was last seen alive five years ago this month.

It’s 4 miles as the crow flies...is that the saying? Lol. If you’re driving on the actual roads, it’s about 10 miles from where she was last seen. It would be about 15 mins if you’re taking ky-49.

eta: grammar ugh

Last edited:
Ok, I really hope this is Crystal. I wonder how they knew to look there? Tip or someone's stumble across the remains by accident? I'm kind of thinking tip since "Police say they became aware of the remains on Thursday and called in the FBI’s Evidence Response Team on Friday due to the “difficult to reach location.”

And then, I wonder, is this near the Houk family farm?
It is approximately 4 miles from the Houck family farm.

There is a hearing on the 5th of August 1:30pm related to this case
KCOJ Docket
15-CI-00446 BALLARD, THOMAS M , ET AL VS. HOUCK, BROOKS
does anyone know what this is about and it is categorised as other hearing

thats weird bc it’s in Tommy Ballard’s name. It’s circuit court, which typically handles civil cases > $5k, capital offenses, felonies, land dispute stuff. I don’t even want to attempt to guess what it’s about. It feels invasive...

Crystal is the only known missing person from Bardstown although there are a few missing from other close areas.
I’m thrilled they called in the FBI because I doubt we would get anything believable from locals including state. Wisest choice they could make IMO given all that’s gone on in Bardstown in recent years.
Continued prayers for the Ballard family and all the others with missing loved ones. I sincerely hope this brings some closure.

Crystal is the only known missing person from Bardstown although there are a few missing from other close areas.
I’m thrilled they called in the FBI because I doubt we would get anything believable from locals including state. Wisest choice they could make IMO given all that’s gone on in Bardstown in recent years.
Continued prayers for the Ballard family and all the others with missing loved ones. I sincerely hope this brings some closure.

yeh I think it was definitely the smartest move they’ve made up to now. Kara Rigdon and Buddy Love are really the only two that I’ve heard being mentioned as far as who else the remains could belong to. Out of the three, Buddy Love and Crystal Rogers were last seen closest to where the remains were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela