Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Crystal Rogers' series to air Saturday on Oxygen - ABC 36 News
The disappearance of Chrystal Rogers more than five years ago in Bardstown and Nelson County is back in the news with the discovery of human remains in a rural part of the county and FBI now taking an active role in the investigation.

With that in mind, the Oxygen television network will re-air a six-part series — “The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers” — on the case from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15.
Please set your DVRs for that!

If you are not a cable subscriber, you can sign up for a free account at Peacock https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/home
They have six episodes of the documentary available.
You have to agree to receive email with registration.

I don't personally believe that the mother/daughter are apart of this circle. The attack on both of them, well was just too personal. I don't think they would have went in and bludgeoned, stabbed and shot them. Now Jason Ellis, Tommy and Crystal all seem to be linked.

I'm also hoping that the cold case of the mother being killed while out on the walk back in 1990 will be reopened. Hopefully some DNA would be available and they may be able to find the killer.

Edit to add: Mary Lucinda Strange was the mother that was murdered in 1990

The Bardstown Police Department needs a complete makeover.

I don't personally believe that the mother/daughter are apart of this circle. The attack on both of them, well was just too personal. I don't think they would have went in and bludgeoned, stabbed and shot them. Now Jason Ellis, Tommy and Crystal all seem to be linked.

I'm also hoping that the cold case of the mother being killed while out on the walk back in 1990 will be reopened. Hopefully some DNA would be available and they may be able to find the killer.

Edit to add: Mary Lucinda Strange was the mother that was murdered in 1990

The Bardstown Police Department needs a complete makeover.

i don’t think they were either. I think you’re right about how personal it seemed. To be fair to BPD- they’ve had a LOT of turnover since all of this went down.

I starting to wonder if those reminds they found are of Crystal but don’t want to release that information yet. And now FBI need surveillance video or witnesses that can identify a car or person in that area. I’m praying someone comes forward!

I starting to wonder if those reminds they found are of Crystal but don’t want to release that information yet. And now FBI need surveillance video or witnesses that can identify a car or person in that area. I’m praying someone comes forward!
I honestly believe its her, however they want to get their facts and evidence all together. Plus it takes a month or more to get back the DNA evidence if there is any DNA left.

Crystal Rogers: FBI asks for information about area east of Bardstown in search for missing mom

The FBI has identified another area of interest in their search for clues to the disappearance of Kentucky mom Crystal Rogers in July 2015.

On website for a law enforcement task force conducting the investigation, the FBI asked residents of Nelson County to recalled the area near Poplar Flat Road (KY-605) and Farmaway Drive, east of Bardstown near Botland, on July 4, 2015.

“Can you remember what you saw, or what you may have heard?” the agency asked. “Do you recall anything unusual or out of place that morning near that location? Do you have surveillance cameras that capture this area?”

Rogers was reported missing by her mother on July 3, 2015, and her car was found abandoned with a flat tire on the Bluegrass Parkway — which runs between Bardstown and the area the FBI is currently asking about — two days later.

Unsolved Bardstown murders added to FBI Louisville website | whas11.com.
I find this interesting not only is the FBI investigating Crystal Rogers disappearance but they have also began looking into other murders that have occured in the area over the years. Hopefully through their search for Crystal they can help others gain answers and closure as well.

Does anyone know the significance of the "area of interest" on/near Poplar Flats Rd? I understand its in the general vicinity where the remains were found but it is obviously highlighted for a reason. I do understand that we don't know certain details or information that LE knows, just curious if anyone in that area has heard anything.

Also, I am a little confused on why it is taking so long to announce the information about the remains. I would assume officials have full cooperation from Crystal's family regarding any dental records, DNA, etc. Sherry stated that on previous occasions when remains were found, she was notified fairly quickly on the identity. Does anyone have any example of any precedent on this?

Does anyone know the significance of the "area of interest" on/near Poplar Flats Rd? I understand its in the general vicinity where the remains were found but it is obviously highlighted for a reason. I do understand that we don't know certain details or information that LE knows, just curious if anyone in that area has heard anything.

Also, I am a little confused on why it is taking so long to announce the information about the remains. I would assume officials have full cooperation from Crystal's family regarding any dental records, DNA, etc. Sherry stated that on previous occasions when remains were found, she was notified fairly quickly on the identity. Does anyone have any example of any precedent on this?

I believe its relatively close to where Nick and Brooks sister used to live.

I think the identity of the remains found has not been announced because they are letting the Houck brothers sweat it out a while longer. IMO

Bardstown series to re-air amid FBI investigation | whas11.com

BARDSTOWN, Ky. — More than five years after her disappearance, family and supporters of Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers have a renewed sense of hope.

In late July, police notified Rogers' family that possible human remains were discovered near the border of Nelson and Washington County. Sources close to the case said they were found near where Rogers was last seen alive in July 2015.

The unsolved murders of Jason Ellis, Kathy and Samantha Netherland and Tommy Ballard were also added to the task force's website. As the FBI continues to big into all cases, WHAS11's UNSOLVED Team will re-air its 10-part series taking a closer look at all five unsolved cases starting Tuesday, Aug. 18 at 5:50 p.m.

Thanks.

Does anyone know why LE didn't publish a timestamp on the photo near Heaven Hill Distillery?

no... I want to know when it was taken too. I’ve been wondering if it was from the morning of 7/4. The most direct route I could find that would put someone through the poplar flats/farmaway dr area was from outlook ct over to the location the pic of the red suv was taken. Of course, there really are a bunch of diff ways to get to the same place. It’s not a huge county, but without purposely going out of the way, you’d drive right through there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot