DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 0375295D-3D1B-4F1C-B92E-F4C6D33A03B7.jpeg
    0375295D-3D1B-4F1C-B92E-F4C6D33A03B7.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
Crystal Rogers: FBI searches missing mom’s storage unit in Kentucky
Federal agents were seen Wednesday morning sifting through a Kentucky storage unit belonging to Crystal Rogers, the Bardstown mother of five who vanished in July 2015, according to WLKY.

The FBI took over the investigation into Rogers’s disappearance after human remains were found on the Washington-Nelson County line — a few miles east of Bardstown — on July 23. Authorities have not yet confirmed the identity of the remains.

Agents from the FBI and the IRS combed through boxes of belongings at the storage unit, piling items outside, including clothes, toys, diapers, TVs and furniture. The FBI said Rogers’s mother, Sherry Ballard, consented to the search.

I starting to wonder if those reminds they found are of Crystal but don’t want to release that information yet. And now FBI need surveillance video or witnesses that can identify a car or person in that area. I’m praying someone comes forward!
Why would they withhold the identity of the remains? If it is her the killer would already know because after all they put them there. Does dna take this long?

Why would they withhold the identity of the remains? If it is her the killer would already know because after all they put them there. Does dna take this long?

If they had sent them to KSP’s lab, it probably would’ve taken them 8-12 months. When they first mentioned sending them to Quantico, I did some searching online to try and find turnaround times for past identifications of skeletal remains. The quickest I could find was roughly 3 months. They mentioned that these remains just found had priority, so hopefully that means it’ll be done quicker. Either way, it’s definitely a faster turnaround time than sending them to the state lab.

Shay McAlister 10h.
Solving one Bardstown case could mean solving the others...
That's what FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge Brian Jones said in our one on one interview.
He said it’s possible they are all connected.
We’ve never heard such definitive comments from law enforcement on the possible connection between cases... here’s the rest of my interview...

=AT2Ieq78ffv_QrS2PtCOel_1HBi-4o7YRhYthakAgLu1GEqL5rAHE8yHbzlLR27ekphFce_FH8DnKaHvJZSNQu_SQ-1BGpXQ5ZQ-j69Qsupr39nkfMOfnDI8dhtbTLp0a5fhLtbertx1yK3DgFrl_9XqowJogxjcaSWZ3oX7mH_H4LjTg4lvFTeT6ALh3X4']=AT2Ieq78ffv_QrS2PtCOel_1HBi-4o7YRhYthakAgLu1GEqL5rAHE8yHbzlLR27ekphFce_FH8DnKaHvJZSNQu_SQ-1BGpXQ5ZQ-j69Qsupr39nkfMOfnDI8dhtbTLp0a5fhLtbertx1yK3DgFrl_9XqowJogxjcaSWZ3oX7mH_H4LjTg4lvFTeT6ALh3X4']

WHAS11.COM
=AT2Ieq78ffv_QrS2PtCOel_1HBi-4o7YRhYthakAgLu1GEqL5rAHE8yHbzlLR27ekphFce_FH8DnKaHvJZSNQu_SQ-1BGpXQ5ZQ-j69Qsupr39nkfMOfnDI8dhtbTLp0a5fhLtbertx1yK3DgFrl_9XqowJogxjcaSWZ3oX7mH_H4LjTg4lvFTeT6ALh3X4']=AT2Ieq78ffv_QrS2PtCOel_1HBi-4o7YRhYthakAgLu1GEqL5rAHE8yHbzlLR27ekphFce_FH8DnKaHvJZSNQu_SQ-1BGpXQ5ZQ-j69Qsupr39nkfMOfnDI8dhtbTLp0a5fhLtbertx1yK3DgFrl_9XqowJogxjcaSWZ3oX7mH_H4LjTg4lvFTeT6ALh3X4']EXCLUSIVE: FBI agent discusses Crystal Rogers investigation
=AT2Ieq78ffv_QrS2PtCOel_1HBi-4o7YRhYthakAgLu1GEqL5rAHE8yHbzlLR27ekphFce_FH8DnKaHvJZSNQu_SQ-1BGpXQ5ZQ-j69Qsupr39nkfMOfnDI8dhtbTLp0a5fhLtbertx1yK3DgFrl_9XqowJogxjcaSWZ3oX7mH_H4LjTg4lvFTeT6ALh3X4']=AT2Ieq78ffv_QrS2PtCOel_1HBi-4o7YRhYthakAgLu1GEqL5rAHE8yHbzlLR27ekphFce_FH8DnKaHvJZSNQu_SQ-1BGpXQ5ZQ-j69Qsupr39nkfMOfnDI8dhtbTLp0a5fhLtbertx1yK3DgFrl_9XqowJogxjcaSWZ3oX7mH_H4LjTg4lvFTeT6ALh3X4']FBI Louisville's Assistant Special Agent said solving one Bardstown case

Shay McAlister seems to be the most knowledgeable reporter covering these cases due to her work for WHAS and the Bardstown podcast over the last several years. So interesting take from her regarding the comments of the FBI representative yesterday.

From the clip posted by WHAS, I didn’t interpret his comments to indicate that they necessarily believe any particular cases are linked - just that they are not ruling that out, and that solving one case could help with others - maybe the local authorities had been so reluctant to suggest any possible connection that the FBI rep saying that is noteworthy (as an aside, the likely connection between the Crystal Rogers and Tommy Ballard cases seems so obvious that it is surprising that local authorities would not acknowledge that strong possibility).

In any event, with Shay’s sources based on her long-time work on the cases, I am curious if she is getting off-the-record comments that make her think they have info that certain cases are connected or that they have any particular new evidence or witness accounts that make arrests and charges likely. She has tweeted that she thinks they are closer to having answers than ever before. Just not sure if that is reasonable speculation based on the flurry of FBI/IRS/KSP activity, or if it is a more informed assessment based on off-the-record comments from those “in the know.”

Shay McAlister 13h
·
NEW EPISODE!
We recorded this late last night, after I got back from reporting in Bardstown.
On this episode... we talk through our exclusive interview with the second in command from Louisville FBI. Why did they take the case? What’s taking so long on the human remains? And- do they think all unsolved Bardstown cases are connected?
BARDSTOWN podcast

I hope justice comes swiftly for Crystal and Tommy.
No offense ElleBee, but imo it's too late to obtain "swift" justice for Crystal and Tommy. It's been over five years now, and still no arrest.

If it's true however that they have now recovered Crystal's body, hopefully they will also find sufficient incriminating forensic evidence to identify her killer. At that point I do very much hope justice proceeds at warp speed.

They're going to out straps on him. I hope he's thinking about that. A lot.

No offense ElleBee, but imo it's too late to obtain "swift" justice for Crystal and Tommy. It's been over five years now, and still no arrest.

If it's true however that they have now recovered Crystal's body, hopefully they will also find sufficient incriminating forensic evidence to identify her killer. At that point I do very much hope justice proceeds at warp speed.

They're going to out straps on him. I hope he's thinking about that. A lot.
Good point. How about I hope that this case moves forward at warp speed and those responsible are finally held accountable with minimal (better yet, no) delay.

Shay McAlister seems to be the most knowledgeable reporter covering these cases due to her work for WHAS and the Bardstown podcast over the last several years. So interesting take from her regarding the comments of the FBI representative yesterday.

From the clip posted by WHAS, I didn’t interpret his comments to indicate that they necessarily believe any particular cases are linked - just that they are not ruling that out, and that solving one case could help with others - maybe the local authorities had been so reluctant to suggest any possible connection that the FBI rep saying that is noteworthy (as an aside, the likely connection between the Crystal Rogers and Tommy Ballard cases seems so obvious that it is surprising that local authorities would not acknowledge that strong possibility).

In any event, with Shay’s sources based on her long-time work on the cases, I am curious if she is getting off-the-record comments that make her think they have info that certain cases are connected or that they have any particular new evidence or witness accounts that make arrests and charges likely. She has tweeted that she thinks they are closer to having answers than ever before. Just not sure if that is reasonable speculation based on the flurry of FBI/IRS/KSP activity, or if it is a more informed assessment based on off-the-record comments from those “in the know.”

I’m not sure. Early on when the remains were found, she had posted about how there should be an ID by the end of the week. It was that first video she post she made about how the remains were found within 4 miles of the farm on Paschal Ballard. That info had to come from somewhere, even though she was wrong about them being identified that quick. The next day Nelson Co SO released a statement about how they didn’t have a timeline for the ID and hadn’t given one to any media so I assume that was in response to her video. She took it down but I’ve always wondered where she got that from. It had to come from someone...even though it wasn’t right. Or maybe it was right and there was some kind of preliminary thing that we would have no idea about but someone in LE would.

Shay said in the podcast or interview with FBI (I can't remember which) but she thinks this is the first time investigators searched Crystal's storage unit. I don't understand that and find it hard to believe. Did LE 5 years ago not think her storage unit would be important especially if she is missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy