KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was up and down the parkway the weekend Crystal disappeared and i take the Bloomfield exit to get home. I absolutely hate being out there when it’s dark. I didn’t like it before, and i dislike it even more now.

Nick worked for Lebanon PD for a short period before transferring to BPD. I’m pretty sure neither one had any military experience.

Nick had his own LLC before dissolving it. After he got fired, he got back into rental properties. He’s basically a slum lord lol. He doesn’t have any kids and I’m pretty sure he’s been married once but was already divorced and dating someone new when Crystal disappeared. I can’t remember for sure if he’d been married or engaged.
My family frequents the exit heading toward Holmes Bend in the nice months. Hubby occasionally offers to drop me off nearer the Bardstown exit! I don’t want any part of it although I have a sister from across the country who would love the Bourbon Trail! I try not to consider any of this when we travel because I cannot stand the thought of all these unsolved murders and the fact that likely we will never know the truth.
I truly appreciate everyone’s input and answers to my enormous amount of questions. I’m certain I sleep better because of conversations even though they solve nothing. Hopefully someday we might have answers to some of our questions...

This is what I’m talking about. This type of shell with the pellets that vary in size that every one out here refers to as buckshot
Buckshot Basics
Yeap, as the article states. It is buckshot is size 4 thru 0000. Where you count down. 4,3,2,0, 00,000,0000 sized smallest to largest in buckshot range. 9,8,7 1/2, 7,6,5 is bird shot.

Birdshot like 8 or 9 isn’t buckshot. All pellet sizes isn’t considered buckshot. The arrival explains only size 4 to 0000.

Not a huge issue, but it does effect reloading and use against people. Buckshot is rarer to reload but more lethal to people. That’s why I make the distinction.

Thanks so much and although is doesn’t solve a damn thing, your input has been more than helpful in my understanding!
@Howcanppldosuch and@gobuckeyes do either of you have any additional info to offer? I truly appreciate your commentary! Thanks!

I have a question. What size was Chrystal was she, tiny, avg, large? Does anyone know what farm equipment the brothers had on their farm?

Thanks so much and although is doesn’t solve a damn thing, your input has been more than helpful in my understanding!
@Howcanppldosuch and@gobuckeyes do either of you have any additional info to offer? I truly appreciate your commentary! Thanks!

I'd like to add that I agree with @Howcanppldosuch, buckshot does have a specific purpose in terms of how law enforcement uses it. Once a shell with buckshot, or any shot, is fired, the pellets disperse and create an expanding blast radius. I'm trying to be selective in my wording as not to offend anyone. That's not my intention at all. Most people who hunt deer, the hunters I know anyway, don't use buckshot for deer hunting bc they don't want their deer meat riddled with buckshot. I'll just say that it's effective at incapacitating a deadly threat.

I have a question. What size was Chrystal was she, tiny, avg, large? Does anyone know what farm equipment the brothers had on their farm?
5 feet 9 inches and 159 pounds.
I would imagine a farm with 250 acres would have just about every piece of equipment but in the Brooks interview with Jon Snow when questioned about a bulldozer and two tractors, Brooks confirms he had those.

I'd like to add that I agree with @Howcanppldosuch, buckshot does have a specific purpose in terms of how law enforcement uses it. Once a shell with buckshot, or any shot, is fired, the pellets disperse and create an expanding blast radius. I'm trying to be selective in my wording as not to offend anyone. That's not my intention at all. Most people who hunt deer, the hunters I know anyway, don't use buckshot for deer hunting bc they don't want their deer meat riddled with buckshot. I'll just say that it's effective at incapacitating a deadly threat.

I’ve only ever seen it used on smaller animals. Unless the law has changed in the last few years, you couldn’t use it to hunt deer or larger game in KY.

Also, the only distinction I was making is that it’s not uncommon for people out here to own shotguns. If I had a guess, the weapon used that night probably wasn’t a service weapon. The only thing that’s known for sure about Ellis’s shooting, is that he was shot with a 12 gauge and there were two different shell casings. They’ve never said any thing else about the size of the pellets or the type.

I’ve never seen BPD carry anything other than handguns. I know a company leased out rifles a few years ago bc they dept couldn’t afford to purchase them though. Idk how many were purchased or how many officers carry them in their trunks or wherever they keep them.

I was hoping the remains were female. I really think the only thing holding back charges is finding the body.

On a side note, I was in Bardstown a yr or 2 ago, distillery tour and stuff. I saw signs that said stand with the Ballard’s and pray for Chrystal. I asked what they mean at a local business, and they told me and got me interested. I read more then I post.

For those fellow posters that live there you should all be commended for how the community has supported them.

I was hoping the remains were female. I really think the only thing holding back charges is finding the body.

On a side note, I was in Bardstown a yr or 2 ago, distillery tour and stuff. I saw signs that said stand with the Ballard’s and pray for Chrystal. I asked what they mean at a local business, and they told me and got me interested. I read more then I post.

For those fellow posters that live there you should all be commended for how the community has supported them.

That’s exactly what they’re waiting on. The commonwealth atty doesn’t want to go to court without a body. Oxygen did a series on Crystal Rogers about a year ago and it was the first time anyone official admitted that they wouldn’t proceed without finding her. It’d be nice if someone would just confess...

i looked but didn’t see any threads on Crystal Rogers. If there are others, I apologize! Crystal went missing from Bardstown, Kentucky in July 2015. She left her boyfriend’s house and that was that! Her car was found abandoned on the highway along with her phone and purse. The boyfriend, Brooks Houck, has been the only suspect. A few years later, Crystal’s father, Tommy Ballard, was shot in a hunting “accident” in front of his grandson, one of Crystal’s sons. There are too many inconsistencies in Brooks’ story and too many dead ends. Mr. Ballard’s murder is also very suspicious. Many think he was too close to the truth as he spent most every chance looking for her. This is just an awful story and needs to be kept in circulation. Recently, Crystal’s mother was on Dr. Phil and that appearance generates more tips. Maybe if we all talk about the case someone will come forward.

i looked but didn’t see any threads on Crystal Rogers. If there are others, I apologize! Crystal went missing from Bardstown, Kentucky in July 2015. She left her boyfriend’s house and that was that! Her car was found abandoned on the highway along with her phone and purse. The boyfriend, Brooks Houck, has been the only suspect. A few years later, Crystal’s father, Tommy Ballard, was shot in a hunting “accident” in front of his grandson, one of Crystal’s sons. There are too many inconsistencies in Brooks’ story and too many dead ends. Mr. Ballard’s murder is also very suspicious. Many think he was too close to the truth as he spent most every chance looking for her. This is just an awful story and needs to be kept in circulation. Recently, Crystal’s mother was on Dr. Phil and that appearance generates more tips. Maybe if we all talk about the case someone will come forward.

There’s also a thread for Tommy Ballard, Ofc Jason Ellis and Kathy and Samantha Netherland if you start reading about the others. If you need me to link them just lmk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver