GUILTY KY - Ed Dansereau, 63, Pamela, 58, & Calvin Phillips, 53, murdered, Pembroke, 19 Nov 2015 *arrest*

jury recommends life with or without parole??
someone posted without...court tv says with?
and is it consecutive?

I’ll keep my opinions to myself and pray for everyone involved instead.

Last edited:
I think the sentence is a no-brainer for a triple homicide. No way is he getting parole. IMO

ETA: I'm so annoyed that courttv is not uploading the cross-exam when they have the full direct. They have so many videos showing the defense's case and not the cross. They are definitely driving a wrongful conviction narrative these days. It's so frustrating. I don't need to hear Vinnie's performative outrage-I want to see both sides and think for myself. Ugh. IMO

NCFM Kit Martin murder case update, “Recently Released Explosive Evidence in the Kit Martin Case Reveals that False and Misleading Evidence was Presented to the Grand Jury
February 20, 2021
By NCFM
Print

sed Explosive Evidence in the Kit Martin Case Reveals that False and Misleading Evidence was Presented to the Grand Jury[/B][/SIZE]
February 20, 2021
By NCFM
Print PDF
Kit-Martin-innocent.png

No, I have not seen such. Do you have a link to share as you are focused on this case since joining. TIA

His Defense attorney on CourtTV is discussing the State’s computer expert, who they wanted to testify but the State did not want to call him. And oddly convenient his reports were seemingly just “lost” with an issue he had with his computer before testifying. How the Judge was going to make him sign an affidavit saying there were no other versions of this report even though it was already KNOWN his report used in the grand jury contained information that was inaccurate and untruthful. He would not sign that affidavit and then afterwards he mysteriously had computer issues and he couldn’t testify because his reports were all missing, he never backed them up and didn’t have a single hard paper copy of his report. How convenient for the State when they already didn’t want him to testify…..
Wow. Just wow.

I myself was not sure if he committed these crimes, but even if he did the State did NOT prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. I hope he gets an appeal, maybe on some of those grand jury stuff and how they were presented on information that was not at all accurate and then made their decisions based on that inaccurate and untruthful information

NCFM Kit Martin murder case update, “Recently Released Explosive Evidence in the Kit Martin Case Reveals that False and Misleading Evidence was Presented to the Grand Jury
February 20, 2021
By NCFM
Print

sed Explosive Evidence in the Kit Martin Case Reveals that False and Misleading Evidence was Presented to the Grand Jury[/B][/SIZE]
February 20, 2021
By NCFM
Print PDF
Kit-Martin-innocent.png
I take anything from NCFM with a grain of salt given their bias and clear agenda.

I forgot to say that Joan Harmon is now brown haired according to Janae.

Anyone here think that part of the reason he was convicted was that he was trained as a Ranger?

Yes. I think the State used that fact to its advantage to show he had the ability to commit the crimes. Compound that with the limitations to show how Joan was involved with the case, and it hamstrings the defense. The State also used the letter regarding child support in an effective way to (a) deflect ex-wife’s support of him; and (2) to show that he blames women for all his problems. I wonder if the jury would think differently if they had heard that Joan and her Son did not cooperate with the police. I think a lot of posters know a lot more about the case than what the jury was allowed to hear, which is why we are all stunned. If I were in the courtroom as a juror, then I might be inclined to find him guilty considering all the convenient hearsay objections against all of Joan’s out of court statements used to prove the truth of the matter asserted.

I so want to hear from so many new members here at WS as you are. What are your thoughts as to someone new following trials here and commenting at WS?
Thank you. I have always been a criminal law/court junkie and watch trials on Court TV. I only started following this case during one of the last pretrial hearings. When I dug into the circumstances and all of the Judge's rulings pretrial, it grabbed my attention. After about the first week of the trial, I really started to doubt the prosecution. As a lay person, it seemed to me that the judge was ruling almost exclusively in the prosecution's favor and so I went in search of a forum to get a sense of what other people thought about this trial. That is when I came across WS and decided to join. I have enjoyed reading the comments here and appreciate the thoughtfulness and respect that members put into posts & responses. I am usually not one to comment online and I never tweet, but I felt it hard not to with this trial. WS made me feel comfortable to voice my opinion.

I take anything from NCFM with a grain of salt given their bias and clear agenda.

I don't know you and your gender but
I am a female and know that there is an agenda against men. I used to work in a male dominated field (it is not anymore)

The notion that LE is willing to risk their freedom to frame an innocent man -- whether due to their connection to his bitter ex or not -- is incredulous imo. Nearly all guilty defendants argue that they were set up or 'some other guy did it'. Some of them even get documentaries made on their behalf supporting these claims. It's turning into a lucrative narrative this wrongful conviction business. Even CourtTV is framing things in a highly biased, cartoonish, defense biased way. It generates outrage and drama, which gets more views. In this instance, it seems Martin has found allies in mens rights groups. Because this whole framing around the ex-wife is highly suspect. She would have to be braindead to kill a woman and then just not destroy the phone if there was anything incriminating in it and if not, then destroy it anyway. JMO

Last edited:
I am a female and know that there is an agenda against men. I used to work in a male dominated field (it is not anymore)

I actually just watched a long video from them at an event, where Kit and Laura spoke at. Laura dispelled any notions I had about their organization having some bias or focus only in helping one gender. She totally changed my mind on that.
And, in other news, Kit details much of his history and reveals so much more craziness about his life with Joan. Don’t think much can be discussed, but he shared what she posted after the murders on her Facebook. She was immediately blaming him for the 3 murders and also a 4th. She said he killed Laura’s ex husband. Her ex killed himself years ago. This is all so crazy. How she was able to not even plead the 5th in front of a jury was suspicious at least IMHO.

The notion that LE is willing to risk their freedom to frame an innocent man -- whether due to their connection to his bitter ex or not -- is incredulous imo. Nearly all guilty defendants argue that they were set up or 'some other guy did it'. Some of them even get documentaries made on their behalf supporting these claims. It's turning into a lucrative narrative this wrongful conviction business. Even CourtTV is framing things in a highly biased, cartoonish, defense biased way. It generates outrage, which gets more views. In this instance, it seems Martin has found allies in men's rights groups. Because this whole framing around the ex-wife is highly suspect. She would have to be braindead to kill a woman and then just not destroy the phone if there was anything incriminating in it. JMO

I’m just curious, I understand a lot of what you’re saying, but would you feel the same (or maybe you already know this) if Ioan had a history of doing this with exes? Trying to extort her exes to get anything and everything she wants.

She made false claims against her father that he molested her. Police found she wasn’t at home when she said they occurred.

She told one of her sons that his dad was dead and removed his name from the birth certificate. For 17 years the boy believed his father had been killed after he was decapitated in some accident. Before he turned 18 she added father’s name back to birth certificate and tried to collect seventeen years of back child support - oh, and the boy learned then that his dad was never killed, perfectly alive and well.

What if you knew Joan posted after the murders immediately blaming Kit for them?

I understand that many defendants would and do say that someone else did it, blame an ex, blame anyone else but themselves. Would any of that information lead you to have more questions about Joan or others? Do you think Joan should’ve had to plead the 5th in front of a jury? Do you think she should’ve had to answer some questions? Or is all of that so far detached from Kit, and the State did indeed prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the only person, Kit, could have done this - and completely explained away how anyone else but Kit could not be responsible for these killings? I’m not saying that would’ve changed anything, but I am curious. Thank you for sharing your opinion, too

Also, it's more than likely they were both unstable. They met online and then things moved very quickly from what I understand. It's a bizarre set of facts no doubt. But the idea that this woman killed 3 people in order to frame him is just nonsense. Even if we assume her allegations of abuse were false, she was having him courtmartialed and he stood to lose everything. She then goes to kill the key witness in that court martial and 2 other people and then frames him? It makes absolutely no sense.

I actually just watched a long video from them at an event, where Kit and Laura spoke at. Laura dispelled any notions I had about their organization having some bias or focus only in helping one gender. She totally changed my mind on that.
And, in other news, Kit details much of his history and reveals so much more craziness about his life with Joan. Don’t think much can be discussed, but he shared what she posted after the murders on her Facebook. She was immediately blaming him for the 3 murders and also a 4th. She said he killed Laura’s ex husband. Her ex killed himself years ago. This is all so crazy. How she was able to not even plead the 5th in front of a jury was suspicious at least IMHO.

Do you have a link for this history and Joan's craziness? I am interested in reading that.
Also, it's more than likely they were both unstable. They met online and then things moved very quickly from what I understand. It's a bizarre set of facts no doubt. But the idea that this woman killed 3 people in order to frame him is just nonsense. Even if we assume her allegations of abuse were false, she was having him courtmartialed and he stood to lose everything. She then goes to kill the key witness in that court martial and 2 other people and then frames him? It makes absolutely no sense.

Joan sounds pretty unhinged here.

The notion that LE is willing to risk their freedom to frame an innocent man -- whether due to their connection to his bitter ex or not -- is incredulous imo. Nearly all guilty defendants argue that they were set up or 'some other guy did it'. Some of them even get documentaries made on their behalf supporting these claims. It's turning into a lucrative narrative this wrongful conviction business. Even CourtTV is framing things in a highly biased, cartoonish, defense biased way. It generates outrage and drama, which gets more views. In this instance, it seems Martin has found allies in mens rights groups. Because this whole framing around the ex-wife is highly suspect. She would have to be braindead to kill a woman and then just not destroy the phone if there was anything incriminating in it and if not, then destroy it anyway. JMO

Law Enforcement don’t have to frame someone through commission of an offense. They can frame someone by no excluding other suspects. By conducting no investigation that might disclose physical evidence. That is overlooked as ineptness that would not risk their freedom. I’ve known plenty of LEOs who get myopic in their investigation and can only focus on one person. You have to cast a wide net, then systematically exclude suspects one by one. That clearly didn’t happen in this case. They honed in on one guy. I’ve seen this happen in the military all the time for sex crimes.

what if Joan wasn’t likely to actually do as well as she hoped in that court martial? It’s been said already that Kit and his attorneys had evidence, recorded on audio, of Joan coaching her kids what to say. They had audio evidence of the prosecutors saying they knew Joan had an issue with credibility and lying and it was going to be an uphill battle. If Joan wanted to ruin his life, knew that her court martial was not a definite win for her, considering the evidence his attorneys gathered together….well, I don’t think it’s all that crazy considering what else she’s done with her previous husbands and false allegations. It seems like a leap, and it is, BUT did the State prove that ONLY Kit could’ve done these and proved that Joan was completely investigated and ruled out as not even being a person of interest or suspect? I don’t think they did. Obviously the jury felt otherwise.

Do you have a link for this history and Joan's craziness? I am interested in reading that.
Joan sounds pretty unhinged here.
Might have to message you, doubt she can be discussed in detail here, but waiting to see if an admin or moderator can comment on the parameters of what can and cannot be

Why does NCFM feel they need to comment on this case? Is the implication that Martin was charged with this crime because he is male? That if he were female he would not have been charged?

Why does NCFM feel they need to comment on this case? Is the implication that Martin was charged with this crime because he is male? That if he were female he would not have been charged?

That and IMO it is to show that women are equally abusive and terrorizing to men.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD
Back